Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SMantzas

The Official 2014 Trade Deadline Thread

1,327 posts in this topic

I don't think Schneider had a ton of interest in staying in Vancouver long-term, and I doubt he has much interest in going there now that they are apparently selling.

From your lips to God's ears lol.

30 isn't old for a goalie. They'll get at least 5 good years out of him.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Not likely and not with the style he plays.

Luongo is 35. He's much closer to the end and it'll be in another couple yrs only when he probably can't even assume beyond a 50/50 split. He's had some more frequent injuries the last year or two.

So months ago Mike Gillis turned down an offer for Kadri, Bozak and a first round pick (which was pretty low since it was the Leafs pick) for Luongo... then months later all they got was a 9th overall pick (Bo Harvat) Markstrom & Matthias for Luongo AND Schneider... lolz

Luongo is over 30 years of age, so I don't see the guy being "the future" of FLA.  Schneider is a huge question mark for the Devils.  He doesn't appear to be a "game-stealing" type of goalie, and besides, he is UFA next year.

What I meant to say is that Luongo will be the number 1 goalie in FLA for the years to come, unless they manage to trade him in a couple of years, which I really doubt.They could always buyout his contrac. And as for Schneider, I truly believe LL wouldn't have traded a top 10 pick for him if he wasn't pretty much sure he would be able sign him up long-term. With an assured number 1 spot, good $, good years, a good defense in front of him in the next couple of years, and a competitive team for the playoffs pretty much every year, I believe Schneider will sign longterm in NJ. But hey, what do I know? I'm pretty sure that's going to happen, but we'll see this summer or the summer after that.

Edited by Devs3cups

So months ago Mike Gillis turned down an offer for Kadri, Bozak and a first round pick (which was pretty low since it was the Leafs pick) for Luongo... then months later all they got was a 9th overall pick (Bo Harvat) Markstrom & Matthias for Luongo AND Schneider... lolz

I don't believe for a second that was a legit offer from the Leafs.

Was Luongo a panther before he went to Vancouver??

And How does Van trade Luongo & Schnieder??

Is Lack that good???

I feel like the Luongo trade was personal. The suits in Vancouver were not happy with him.

Edited by Neb00rs

Mike Morreale ‏@mikemorrealeNHL:

Brodeur said he has had good discussions with Lamoriello and still isn't sure what will happen Wednesday.

Mike Morreale ‏@mikemorrealeNHL:

Brodeur said he has had good discussions with Lamoriello and still isn't sure what will happen Wednesday.

I don't think Marty will be traded. I don't think Lou will really do anything. If anything we get a David Steckel-like player; a fourth liner that can come in and out of the lineup.

Pens are interested in Zid. But we're not sellers so he'll be staying.

We're not trading with the Pens. In addition I don't see us going after Gaborik. CBJ are our divisional rivals and we're both too close in the standings to be doing any favors for each other.

@TGfireandice

Brodeur didn't want to discuss specifics of his conversation with Lamoriello, but said they discussed rest of this season and next season.

@TGfireandice

Brodeur didn't rule out possibility of signing extension for next season.

If Marty signs an extension for next season, it better be with the agreement that THIS IS IT, and it better be announced in conjunction with a Schneider extension. Marty 1 year, Cory 8 years, Marty rides off into the sunset. The end.

@TGfireandice

Brodeur didn't want to discuss specifics of his conversation with Lamoriello, but said they discussed rest of this season and next season.

@TGfireandice

Brodeur didn't rule out possibility of signing extension for next season.

:koolaid:  :koolaid:  :koolaid:  :koolaid:

The only thing Marty should think about extending is whether or not he needs ED pills.

Edited by CarpathianForest

I've gotta be honest, I'm not sure what would be more upsetting to me - a Brodeur trade or a Brodeur extension.

@TGfireandiceBrodeur didn't want to discuss specifics of his conversation with Lamoriello, but said they discussed rest of this season and next season.@TGfireandiceBrodeur didn't rule out possibility of signing extension for next season.If Marty signs an extension for next season, it better be with the agreement that THIS IS IT, and it better be announced in conjunction with a Schneider extension. Marty 1 year, Cory 8 years, Marty rides off into the sunset. The end.

Id be fine with that really

Just so ya'll know, Marty is now 34 games away from breaking Daneyko's record for games played as a Devil. For a goalie, that is astounding.

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger 6m

Told Martin Brodeur has submitted a list to Lou Lamoriello of the teams he's willing to waive his NTC to go to. (8-9 teams)

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger 6m

...Brodeur is obviously interested in a change and is waiting for the Devils gm to pull the trigger. Another great deadline day story.

Edited by fsu1852

8-9 teams? There are not 8-9 realistic destinations for Brodeur out there. Barely anybody needs a below average backup goalie.

Edited by '7'

Vancouver needs a starter. They were listed

8-9 teams? There are not 8-9 realistic destinations for Brodeur. Barely anybody needs a below average backup goalie.

I've gotta be honest, I'm not sure what would be more upsetting to me - a Brodeur trade or a Brodeur extension.

I think that's the way most of us feel. This is a very conflicting situation.

Vancouver needs a starter. They were listed

Vancouver would be interested in Schneider then.

Package Marty with a prospect and dman for Kesler and I will dismiss anyone ever dissing Lou again

No shot this happens

Edited by Onddeck

8-9 teams dreger said. sh!t man.

I can't buy that. Dreger's good with info, but I can't name 3 teams that would make sense, let alone 8 or 9.