Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SMantzas

The Official 2014 Trade Deadline Thread

1,327 posts in this topic

Hes been on the third line getting defensive minutes in the past two seasons on a lousy Edmonton team. He passes the eye test for me, always love watching him play. Also 18 goals is more than Brunner Zubrus Ryder Zajac Lokti can provide. He would have been an upgrade. I'd take those 9 goals ad 17 assists over Ryder's nonchalant play.

And what is wrong with another pure play maker? Besides Patty and Jagr we have a bunch of gritty centers as wingers.

Loktionov, Clowe, Zubrus - these are all pass first players.  Josefson too.

Ryder is only considered nonchalant because he isn't scoring.  He's getting his shots.

Hes been on the third line getting defensive minutes in the past two seasons on a lousy Edmonton team. He passes the eye test for me, always love watching him play. Also 18 goals is more than Brunner Zubrus Ryder Zajac Lokti can provide. He would have been an upgrade. I'd take those 9 goals ad 17 assists over Ryder's nonchalant play.

And what is wrong with another pure play maker? Besides Patty and Jagr we have a bunch of gritty centers as wingers.

If Hemsky was a goal-scorer, why can't he crack the top six on a lousy Edmonton team?  He's flashy but overrated.

Loktionov, Clowe, Zubrus - these are all pass first players. Josefson too.

Ryder is only considered nonchalant because he isn't scoring. He's getting his shots.

I hate his game even when he i scoring. He drags his line down. I have been extremely disappointed with him all season. One hot streak doesn't do it for me. Majority of his shots are outside the circles on the rush anyways, he doesn't generate anything. Edited by Zubie#8

A reminder if someone retweets anything on your timeline of any established insider....it is fake. Why? Because you already follow McKenzie and Dreger, etc.

I hate his game even when he i scoring. He drags his line down. I have been extremely disappointed with him all season. One hot streak doesn't do it for me.

He scores goals.  He's not the most creative player and he's not going to do a lot for you otherwise but he scores goals.  The Devils don't have goal scorers.

besides gaborik and vanek, who's going to help us score more goals??

i dont want gaborik

1 person likes this

He scores goals. He's not the most creative player and he's not going to do a lot for you otherwise but he scores goals. The Devils don't have goal scorers.

Don't like it at all. He hasn't been a goal scorer for a 16 game stretch and another time at a 12 13 14 game stretch?

And he's out of he top 6 due to the constant catering to the oilers young forwards. Look at his corsi stats on that putrid oiler team and tell me he's bad.

Edited by Zubie#8

more picks for buffalo....geez

i dont want gaborik

Gaborik is a head case - PASS

Buffalo already has an amazing prospect pool and now they get Hudson Fasching. I'm jealous. 

You know what, I've got a feeling the Devils are in on Vanek.

I have NO sources, I haven't heard this anywhere.  I just have a feeling Lou's a sleeper on this guy.

Don't like it at all. He hasn't been a goal scorer for a 16 game stretch and another time at a 12 13 14 game stretch?

And he's out of he top 6 due to the constant catering to the oilers young forwards. Look at his corsi stats on that putrid oiler team and tell me he's bad.

That's unfortunate, but it's bad luck.  He's getting his shots.  I can't repeat that enough.  If you're going to cite Corsi, I will cite that Ryder's shot per game rate was lower than 2 earlier in the year and has crept up to well beyond 2 per game in 2014, they are just not going in.

Buffalo already has an amazing prospect pool and now they get Hudson Fasching. I'm jealous. 

Try watching them for a few games, think that jealousy will fade somewhat.

is their gm new or is it the same person?

And now the Habs acquired Dubnyk.  That's another closed door for Marty.

Better make good use with those picks. Buffalo doesn't want to become the next oilers or islanders. Stockpiling picks doesn't always lead to future success.

dubnyk to mtl...feel bad for him

Edited by grcenter47

Yikes... sorry Marty. Looks like it's Newark for a couple more months....

Better make good use with those picks. Buffalo doesn't want to become the next oilers or islanders. Stockpiling picks doesn't always lead to future success.

Buffalo traded picks for a prospect.  It's a great move for them, they have too many picks in the upcoming drafts.

You know what, I've got a feeling the Devils are in on Vanek.

I have NO sources, I haven't heard this anywhere. I just have a feeling Lou's a sleeper on this guy.

I feel that way about moulson. It's been really quiet on the moulson camp...

I cant think of many other places for Marty. Carolina?....maybe. I don't see him going anywhere which is a shame. Cory needs to be the clear number 1. I don't like the latest Deboer comments.

Edited by Zubie#8

Try watching them for a few games, think that jealousy will fade somewhat.

Oh, I'm certainly not jealous of where they are now. I'm just a huge Fasching fan. Real bright future in Buffalo.