Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SMantzas

The Official 2014 Trade Deadline Thread

1,327 posts in this topic

With the Leafs needing a center, would you consider a trade of Henrique / Larsson for Phil Kessel?

I know, fantasy world, but that would be super...

As crazy as it is, I wouldn't be surprised if this happened at this point....

2014-15 may be yet another media circus

This is exactly what I'm fearing.

Reality hits marty today square in the jaw!  he can be a backup here for another year or he can retire.

but as of today its a non-story

1. Brodeur isn't going anywhere...no surprise that Louie baby hung him out there as "trade bait" to say, "hey pal, ya see this? You aren't worth anything...anywhere...so sit down...shut up....and accept your role"

2. No offensive help on the way.  Very unlikely to happen.  Not a Lou thing to do and no one left who would be a "Lou trade" kind of guy.

Time to accept what we have and make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t and hope we can sneak into the playoffs by some miracle.

Edited by mikepeluso8

If Lou does this, he loses some cred as far as I'm concerned.  There's no way he or anyone else on the Devils can pitch that in a way that makes it sound like a good move.   

Can't say not getting Gaborik bothers me, though there's a part of me that would've been intrigued has Lou made a move to get him. 

1. Brodeur isn't going anywhere...no surprise that Louie baby hung him out there as "trade bait" to say, "hey pal, ya see this? You aren't worth anything...anywhere...so sit down...shut up....and accept your role"

2. No offensive help on the way. Very unlikely to happen. Not a Lou thing to do and no one left who would be a "Lou trade" kind of guy.

Time to accept what we have and make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t and hope we can sneak into the playoffs by some miracle.

Why do people act like Lou does nothing to attempt to add scoring? Have you already forgotten about Kovalchuk? It isn't Lou's fault he left.

Surprised that no quality d have been moved yet today. With Phillips re-signing there might be some demand for a defenseman. I hope Lou at least dangles some of ours out there.

Why do people act like Lou does nothing to attempt to add scoring? Have you already forgotten about Kovalchuk? It isn't Lou's fault he left.

And Jagr and Ryder and Brunner..

Not saying it is.  Simply saying: for today's intents and purposes, nothing is coming to save us from the depths of offensive obscurity.

It's ok. Don't cry.

Lou may offer #30 a deal for next season.....at 2 milion.

Lou always lets players see what is out there...and then when it's nothing, in this case, he'll give Marty  a lowball offer he cant refuse.

Not saying it is. Simply saying: for today's intents and purposes, nothing is coming to save us from the depths of offensive obscurity.

It's ok. Don't cry.

Haha you're such a tool

Haha you're such a tool

Sorry. You just sounded so upset and whiny, it's really ok.  No need to get too upset about it.  It's just a game.

It's Lou's fault that he thinks Ryder, close & brunner are replacements for Kovi & zack!

Not even close !

Sorry. You just sounded so upset and whiny, it's really ok.  No need to get too upset about it.  It's just a game.

I always wondered why people talked so bad about you. Now I get it.

:thumbsup:

I always wondered why people talked so bad about you. Now I get it.

:thumbsup:

Just stop it please

1 person likes this

Can you not instigate for once?

Anyway..bracing for a disappointing conclusion here.  90 minutes to go.

Edited by Devilsfan118
1 person likes this

It's Lou's fault that he thinks Ryder, close & brunner are replacements for Kovi & zack!

Not even close !

He had Kovalchuk, so his replacement for "Zack" wasn't so shocking. He did the best with what he could when Kovalchuk left a year into his FIFTEEN YEAR CONTRACT. He added Ryder, Jagr, Brunner, and Clowe. It isn't a superstar but you're a fvcking idiot if you say Lou doesn't do anything to attempt to add scoring.

OKAY anyway...

wonder if we're going to start to see some defensemen moving. 90 minutes left here. still think we're in for a flurry or two.

That's what I am here for.  Bring a little reality check back to the board.

OKAY anyway...

wonder if we're going to start to see some defensemen moving. 90 minutes left here. still think we're in for a flurry or two.

In my completely unqualified and unprofessional opinion, I bet the Vanek deal is holding things up.  Once that goes...the rest will fall.

3Usiw.gif

Scoring hasn't really been an issue since the Olympic break so I won't be too upset if a trade isn't made for scoring. Problem with that is this team is not very consistent. I would rather Lou hang onto the few prospects/assets we have. It would be nice if he could move Salvador, Volch, or Zids but it is what it is.

Brian Lawton @brianlawton9 44s

Hearing that all talk surrounding Brodeur has ended. He will NOT be Traded...... Finishes yr with Devils.

Somewhere, Richard Chere starts preparing "are you retiring" questions.

Edited by Devil Dan 56