Mike Brown

GDT - 3/2/14 @ 3:00pm: Sharks vs Devils

115 posts in this topic

Michael Ryder is an atrocious player. Even when he scores he is awful. Contributes nothing but his shot.

That's why I think they have to come away with four against the Wings. 

It's gotten to the point where the Devils should probably focus on getting 92 points or more, instead of who's ahead of them.  Checking the standings daily will lead to frustration more than anything else. 

The frustrating thing is we let SO many games slip away that we should have won...

Combined with not winning 1 single shootout...we are where we are today

We SHOULD be comfortably in a playoff spot but a las we are not

The Detroit games are pretty much must-wins. But who honestly thinks the Devils will win both of these games? I certainly don't.

Yeah it's hard to beat a team like SJ who's been waiting in NJ for several days. 3rd game in 4th nights, they just looked like a mentally tired a little bit. What's been sucky is we haven't had some help. But big games this week. I wish we had Brunner right now, but we'll see how trades shake out in a couple days.

I am a little worried though about Detroit Tuesday, if only because it'll be 4th in 6 for us and they'd be rested for the entire weekend.

Like 7 said earlier, when exactly is this 'easy' part of the schedule coming lol...all we kept hearing about how easy the stretch run was going to be and now it's well they're playing the Sharks, they're playing the Wings.  Bottom line they haven't played like a team that's deserved to make the playoffs.  They can't put together a three-game winning streak to save their lives and they need at least one or two long winning streaks down the stretch to have any hope of survival.

Michael Ryder is an atrocious player. Even when he scores he is awful. Contributes nothing but his shot.

No, but tell us how you really feel Zubie.  :P

Like 7 said earlier, when exactly is this 'easy' part of the schedule coming lol...all we kept hearing about how easy the stretch run was going to be and now it's well they're playing the Sharks, they're playing the Wings.  Bottom line they haven't played like a team that's deserved to make the playoffs.  They can't put together a three-game winning streak to save their lives and they need at least one or two long winning streaks down the stretch to have any hope of survival.

Detroit isn't that good.  That's part of why this is considered an 'easy' stretch run.  They're not one of the top possession teams in the league anymore, they have a negative goal differential, and Zetterberg is definitely out and I think Datsyuk is too.  I'd take NJ's current roster over Detroit's current roster 10 times out of 10.

Detroit isn't that good.  That's part of why this is considered an 'easy' stretch run.  They're not one of the top possession teams in the league anymore, they have a negative goal differential, and Zetterberg is definitely out and I think Datsyuk is too.  I'd take NJ's current roster over Detroit's current roster 10 times out of 10.

Detroit also has two games in hand. All the pressure is on the Devils, they need 4 out of 4 points here. Even if we take 3 out of 4 Detroit is still in pretty good shape. Plus tomorrow is 4 games in 6 nights. That's brutal

This is tough. There is just too much that needs to happen that hasn't happened yet this year. A long winning streak and a shootout win. We need those to start happening. 

Edited by '7'

Isles-Panthers-Sabres. Late march through early April where those teams will likely be stripped down and going through the motions. Only easy 3 game stretch a see. Although we might be buried by then and the games not matter

This ^^^ Detroit's really not that good; they're no San Jose or Chicago. They're another team just outside of a playoff picture, just like us, nothing more nothing less.

Going into this week, I thought the Columbus game would be tougher for us than these upcoming Detroit games. There's no reason we can't get a minimum of 3 points out of these next games, 4 if they keep up the consistency of the way they've been playing the past week (yes, even the way they played San Jose probably beats a team like Detroit).

Edited by DJ Eco

He built this team, what is he supposed to say?

theres the truth... i highly doubt a gm would come out and say yea i put together a bunch of crappy players no wonder why we suck..

Devils are not as bad as their record is and the roster isnt awful by any stretch.  Unfortunately, they've barely been able to put out their full lineup due to injuries.  Whether it's been Clowe, Elias, Brunner, etc there is always someone injured.  Don't even get me started on the shootout.  

Fact is, NJ has a reasonable chance to make the playoffs despite the aforementioned issues. They lost two 30+ goal scorers in 12 months, what'd you expect them to be a top team? You can't replace Parise and Kovalchuk overnight, but Lou has done a decent job considering his options