Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Daniel

We Got Rutuu

342 posts in this topic

The Devils are too soft right now.  Ruutu helps the lack of physical game we have.  Ruutu is a good pickup imo.

Edit: I was wrong.

Edited by Devilsfan118

Trade away the one guy who has been busting his ass and skating well of late. For what? Lou is definitely senile

Well the thing we have to consider about this trade is ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

This is a big "so what" deal, other than I don't like adding that much salary. 

According to capgeek we still have 3.5 in cap space after this deal. Lou might not be done yet. Moulson and Cammy are still out there.

http://capgeek.com/devils

Edited by Jerzey Devil

The other thing that's annoying is that with Loktionov gone, and Ruutu a winger, it means Henrique back to center, which doesn't make any goddamn sense given how well he's played the last few games.

Totally agree. I knew you and I would both hate this move.

Unless Lou is unloading Salvador or Volchenkov somehow, this is awful.

The other thing that's annoying is that with Loktionov gone, and Ruutu a winger, it means Henrique back to center, which doesn't make any goddamn sense given how well he's played the last few games.

How do you know this?  There's plenty of ways to keep Henrique on a line with Elias and Brunner while having Ruutu play LW.

This one looks pretty weak on the surface.  And below the surface.  And above.  Carolina could probably care less about Loki and the 2017 conditional pick...they're probably just thrilled to get out from under Ruutu's contract.  Can't wait to hear how Lou explains this one. 

I like Ruutu and feel he is an upgrade over Loktionov who has shown flashes but not been consistently great. Surprised we have the salary room for this.

Loktionov is turning 24 this spring. He has 24 points in 76 games as a Devil. He may be a guy who never puts it all together. Ruutu is fast, he's gritty, he has scored in the past (though his production dipped this year) he's more of a proven commodity. Loktionov is a fringe player

i hate everything about this deal. it makes absolutely zero sense.

no talk of carolina retaining salary and even if they did, ruutu is just not good.

i like this move. brings more toughness we need. is he fast? no but he should fit nicely. were not built for speed and tuomo makes us more of a bitch to play against

Ya Yo in that spot?

I don't care who heis as a hockey player, his name is awesome. Time to get Ruutu on my jersey.

hockey-reference has Ruutu listed as a C/LW. So maybe he's played plenty of both in his career

There hasn't been any mention of salary pickup and I can't believe that there isn't any, but we'll see - that news often comes out later.

Something else has to be in the works.

Lou doesn't get fleeced in deals.  This is a bad trade.

If another move isn't made *cough Salvador cough* I'll sh!t bricks.

Loktionov is turning 24 this spring. He has 24 points in 76 games as a Devil. He may be a guy who never puts it all together. Ruutu is fast, he's gritty, he has scored in the past (though his production dipped this year) he's more of a proven commodity. Loktionov is a fringe player

i like this move. brings more toughness we need. is he fast? no but he should fit nicely. were not built for speed and tuomo makes us more of a bitch to play against

I'm glad at least a couple of people share my opinion!

Agree on Lokti, but Ruutu is on a bad contract.  I'm stunned Lou couldn't unload Sal or Volch in this deal.  Carolina accomplished exactly what I think they wanted to:  dump a bad contract.  They're laughing their asses off that they not only unloaded that contract, but didn't have to take on a bad one in return.  But Tri is right, we don't know if Carolina is picking up any of what's remaining just yet.   

has to be

Remember when you criticized me for stating my opinion as fact?  Well what do you call this?

stupidity imo, this deal.

the player should fit this team though, i guess

The Devils are too soft right now.  Ruutu helps the lack of physical game we have.  Ruutu is a good pickup imo.

two years at 5 million a pop is a very expensive way to bring in a little physicality. the canes better be paying a mil a year over 2