2014 Miami Dolphins thread

MadDog2020

Important thing to note....the practice squad is upped to 10 players now this season....so plenty of room to stuff a project QB there....

amazing how the ACTUAL news gets buried while the NFL slimes on and is now trying to charge acts for the right to perform their sh!tty songs at the Super Bowl now.....

The whole Super Bowl halftime show thing is fvcked up. Not only is the league asking these acts to pay for the privilege of playing halftime, they're asking the acts to give them a portion of their post-Super Bowl earnings as well. Who the fvck does Roger Goodell think he is, the fvcking IRS? Someone needs to put the NFL in its place... They're out of control. Edited by MadDog2020

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole Super Bowl halftime show thing is fvcked up. Not only is the league asking these acts to pay for the privilege of playing halftime, they're asking the acts to give them a portion of their post-Super Bowl earnings as well. Who the fvck does Roger Goodell think he is, the fvcking IRS? Someone needs to put the NFL in its place... They're out of control.

I'd be delighted if Goodell's overreaching scares off the half time Super Bowl acts.  Without exception, they're incredibly cheesy.  I would rather them just get on with the actual game. 

The whole Super Bowl halftime show thing is fvcked up. Not only is the league asking these acts to pay for the privilege of playing halftime, they're asking the acts to give them a portion of their post-Super Bowl earnings as well. Who the fvck does Roger Goodell think he is, the fvcking IRS? Someone needs to put the NFL in its place... They're out of control.

Between this and auctioning off the location of the draft...and this England garbage and sh!tty Thursday Night games...it's sad the NFL is more about maxing out the dollars and not making the game as good as possible....and Jesus they make an insane amount of money as is....JUST MAINTAIN THE DAMN PRODUCT!!!

I'd be delighted if Goodell's overreaching scares off the half time Super Bowl acts.  Without exception, they're incredibly cheesy.  I would rather them just get on with the actual game. 

It won't though....and silly you....the NFL's not about football anymore :P

Look at the overreaction to OMG A DEFENSIVE TEAM WON THE SUPER BOWL...NOOOOO....we might lose $5 in jersey sales :P

The Goddell treatment of defense, as though the concept of playing it is somehow a 4-letter word, is getting VERY hard to take.  I understand player safety and the fact that the game can't go back to the 90s and before, but the balance can't be any more out-of-whack than it is right now.

Between this and auctioning off the location of the draft...and this England garbage and sh!tty Thursday Night games...it's sad the NFL is more about maxing out the dollars and not making the game as good as possible....and Jesus they make an insane amount of money as is....JUST MAINTAIN THE DAMN PRODUCT!!!

It won't though....and silly you....the NFL's not about football anymore :P

Look at the overreaction to OMG A DEFENSIVE TEAM WON THE SUPER BOWL...NOOOOO....we might lose $5 in jersey sales :P

Maybe Mark Cuban will turn out to be right that there's a type NFL bubble that will pop once it's too overexposed.  Goodell better hope that fantasy football doesn't lose its appeal . . . I figure that drives a large chunk of the ratings and the value of the Sunday Ticket.  

As for the on the field stuff, a little common sense could go a long way.  You can protect QBs and still not force the refs to call a personal foul when a lineman's arm incidentally brazes the QBs helmet.  You can really cut down on the amount of time it takes to review a call by having all reviews done in the booth.  If the play-by-play and color commentators can figure out what happened in 20 seconds, I don't see why it takes so long on the field. 

I don't really care about auctioning off the draft so much.  I just HATE, and I mean HATE with every inch of my being, the fact that the first day of the draft looks like a Beyonce concert.  That's probably an ESPN issue more than a Goodell issue, but Goodell could probably do something about that if he wanted to.  (ESPN for the most part is a huge joke these days anyway.  Any business concern, much less any viewer with an IQ above 60, that finds Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith remotely sentient is really out to lunch.)

One last thing the NFL, the networks, or perhaps the United States government could do to restore my faith in humanity would be to outlaw under penalty of death the on-the-field bimbos.  EARTH TO CORPORATE EXECUTIVES, I don't give a rat's ass about Suzy Kolber getting a complete non-answer from the head coach about what he has to do differently after being down 35 to 3 at halftime.  And, we all know that someone is feeling great and "having all sorts of emotions" going through him after winning the Super Bowl.   

I can't promise that this rant is over.

The Goddell treatment of defense, as though the concept of playing it is somehow a 4-letter word, is getting VERY hard to take.  I understand player safety and the fact that the game can't go back to the 90s and before, but the balance can't be any more out-of-whack than it is right now.

He does realize by taking away this "illegal" contact, he's making the game faster and MORE dangerous....nope....clearly not.....this is not a safety thing...not even close....this is video game scoring at its worst.....

Maybe Mark Cuban will turn out to be right that there's a type NFL bubble that will pop once it's too overexposed.  Goodell better hope that fantasy football doesn't lose its appeal . . . I figure that drives a large chunk of the ratings and the value of the Sunday Ticket.  

As for the on the field stuff, a little common sense could go a long way.  You can protect QBs and still not force the refs to call a personal foul when a lineman's arm incidentally brazes the QBs helmet.  You can really cut down on the amount of time it takes to review a call by having all reviews done in the booth.  If the play-by-play and color commentators can figure out what happened in 20 seconds, I don't see why it takes so long on the field. 

I don't really care about auctioning off the draft so much.  I just HATE, and I mean HATE with every inch of my being, the fact that the first day of the draft looks like a Beyonce concert.  That's probably an ESPN issue more than a Goodell issue, but Goodell could probably do something about that if he wanted to.  (ESPN for the most part is a huge joke these days anyway.  Any business concern, much less any viewer with an IQ above 60, that finds Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith remotely sentient is really out to lunch.)

One last thing the NFL, the networks, or perhaps the United States government could do to restore my faith in humanity would be to outlaw under penalty of death the on-the-field bimbos.  EARTH TO CORPORATE EXECUTIVES, I don't give a rat's ass about Suzy Kolber getting a complete non-answer from the head coach about what he has to do differently after being down 35 to 3 at halftime.  And, we all know that someone is feeling great and "having all sorts of emotions" going through him after winning the Super Bowl.   

I can't promise that this rant is over.

its not even close to over....its only going to get worse....the main reason the NFL is so popular is two fold:

1. Fantasy Football

2. GAMBLING

next is because it's still an "event" to see a game once a week...but kill the market with Thursday (those games are always horrible anyway, and again...what's the safety in not giving players the proper time to heal.....douche....), Monday and Sunday....the over-expansion of the playoffs....and an attempt to invade London too....its insanity....

Cuban is 10,000% right about the NFL...they're pushing the gas too hard when its cruise control time.....

He does realize by taking away this "illegal" contact, he's making the game faster and MORE dangerous....nope....clearly not.....this is not a safety thing...not even close....this is video game scoring at its worst.....

its not even close to over....its only going to get worse....the main reason the NFL is so popular is two fold:

1. Fantasy Football

2. GAMBLING

next is because it's still an "event" to see a game once a week...but kill the market with Thursday (those games are always horrible anyway, and again...what's the safety in not giving players the proper time to heal.....douche....), Monday and Sunday....the over-expansion of the playoffs....and an attempt to invade London too....its insanity....

Cuban is 10,000% right about the NFL...they're pushing the gas too hard when its cruise control time.....

Expanding the playoffs would be close to the nail in the coffin.  Even without it, the friggin' Green Bay fvcking Packers had trouble selling out a playoff game.  Imagine if you have a playoff match up of an 8-8 versus a 7-9 team. 

It'll become sort of like what happened the last time the Yankees were in the playoffs when the stadium had large swathes of empty seats for playoff games and the effect it's had since then.  Once you see a lot of empty seats at a playoff game, enough people start to get it in the back of their mind that the emperor has no clothes.  I'm predicting that once the Yankees don't have Derek Jeter as a quasi-interesting story line, you'll start seeing the stadium as empty as it used to be in the 80s and early 90s when you had to go the stadium in a Bradley fighting vehicle.  Add to that the Yankees don't figure to be good for a while, and you realize it's going to get pretty ugly. 

Cuban is absolutely 1,000% right- the NFL is over-extending itself now. You're a billion dollar business. The lowest valued franchise is worth just under a billion dollars now (The Rams, whose value will greatly exceed the $930 or so million its at now once they move back to LA). Its time to pump the brakes. But nooooooooo, big bad Roger won't stop until he's completely destroyed the game and the league, and turned both into parodies of themselves. Because that's what he's doing at this point. It appears we're stuck with this a$$hole until he retires or drops dead though- he's made the owners so much damn money, its comical. He could probably burn down the mansions of all 32 owners and still not get fired.

Cuban is absolutely 1,000% right- the NFL is over-extending itself now. You're a billion dollar business. The lowest valued franchise is worth just under a billion dollars now (The Rams, whose value will greatly exceed the $930 or so million its at now once they move back to LA). Its time to pump the brakes. But nooooooooo, big bad Roger won't stop until he's completely destroyed the game and the league, and turned both into parodies of themselves. Because that's what he's doing at this point. It appears we're stuck with this a$$hole until he retires or drops dead though- he's made the owners so much damn money, its comical. He could probably burn down the mansions of all 32 owners and still not get fired.

Truth.....and sadly the TV and revenue dollars will keep pouring in while the quality of the product goes to sh!t.....

BradyQuinn_zps10ff5e52.png

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000383781/article/brady-quinn-announces-hes-been-cut-by-dolphins

..looks as though Brady Quinn's career has come to a close. Shame too.. only 29 years old, I thought he'd make it as a back-up somewhere.

He still might find another gig. Dolphins have a very good backup in Moore already. I think they were deciding whether they wanted to go with 3 QBs, or whether they could trade Moore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

So what's Tannehill's excuse this year?

200 rushing yrds. With a ground attack that good, Tannehill doesn't have to be anything more than a passenger..

..and I thought the Jets had a good running game! --the Dolphins look like they're out to run against the world.

As some know, I witnessed this slaughter first-hand. In general, it reminded me of the Glenn Foley comeback many years ago (I was at that game too...Foley threw for 300 yards, all in the second half, in relief of Neil O'Donnell.

Re: SunLife Stadium, the exterior needs some serious upgrading/updating/general TLC, but as far as watching a game goes, it is an excellent building...great sightlines and not a bad seat in the house. It wasn't my first time there (also went in '97 and '98), but the years are clearly showing.

As far as Dolfans go...extremely classy bunch. They were obviously thrilled with their team's win, but to a fan, they were having fun in a completely civilized manner. Some good-natured ribbing, but nothing more, and I didn't see so much as a single fistfight or even an argument (contrast that with some Jets fans who act like their team just won the Super Bowl on the occasions that they beat the Pats). And every time I've been to a Jets/Pats game, there's always some fan fisticuffs. It was nice to see fans of opposing teams (Pats fans accounted for about 35-40% of the crowd) simply enjoy a game without that crap.

I try not to make too much out of Week 1, but the Pats look like they're going to have issues. Revis didn't look like a shutdown corner, and got roasted on a catch that would've been an easy TD if the receiver had gotten his second foot in-bounds. And it's same ol-same ol with the Pat D...for the last three-four years it's "the D is starting to improve"...and it even does for brief periods, but the gameplan continues to be "hope Brady & Co put up 35+ and hope the other offense makes some mistakes." The Pats have had an awesome run, but it's not going to last forever. They very well may shake this off, but there are definitely reasons for concern...the Dolphins were incredibly dominant in that second half, in all facets.

As some know, I witnessed this slaughter first-hand. In general, it reminded me of the Glenn Foley comeback many years ago (I was at that game too...Foley threw for 300 yards, all in the second half, in relief of Neil O'Donnell.

Re: SunLife Stadium, the exterior needs some serious upgrading/updating/general TLC, but as far as watching a game goes, it is an excellent building...great sightlines and not a bad seat in the house. It wasn't my first time there (also went in '97 and '98), but the years are clearly showing.

As far as Dolfans go...extremely classy bunch. They were obviously thrilled with their team's win, but to a fan, they were having fun in a completely civilized manner. Some good-natured ribbing, but nothing more, and I didn't see so much as a single fistfight or even an argument (contrast that with some Jets fans who act like their team just won the Super Bowl on the occasions that they beat the Pats). And every time I've been to a Jets/Pats game, there's always some fan fisticuffs. It was nice to see fans of opposing teams (Pats fans accounted for about 35-40% of the crowd) simply enjoy a game without that crap.

I try not to make too much out of Week 1, but the Pats look like they're going to have issues. Revis didn't look like a shutdown corner, and got roasted on a catch that would've been an easy TD if the receiver had gotten his second foot in-bounds. And it's same ol-same ol with the Pat D...for the last three-four years it's "the D is starting to improve"...and it even does for brief periods, but the gameplan continues to be "hope Brady & Co put up 35+ and hope the other offense makes some mistakes." The Pats have had an awesome run, but it's not going to last forever. They very well may shake this off, but there are definitely reasons for concern...the Dolphins were incredibly dominant in that second half, in all facets.

I was there a few years ago.  Sightlines where I was sitting weren't that good, but not much to do with the stadium.  I had fun when I was there, but it was the dark days of the Sporano era.  The stadium is set to undergo a major renovation.  I'm pretty sure that it has all the public approvals, but I'm not positive. 

It was definitely a fun game to watch from a Dolphins' fan's perspective.  We'll see.  You can't expect any pass rush to put up results like that all the time.  Same with the running game.  Tannehill was very B-/C+.

Next week will be a nice test.  It's one of those should win type of games that Tannehill tends to lose badly.  Buffalo's defense also gave the Dolphins fits last year.  You also have a fast/mobile QB (he might not do anything else that great though) who tend to do well against teams with mediocre linebackers.  

At this point, I'm so scarred by disappointments after hot starts that I really won't believe this team will have sustainable success until it gets at least one playoff win, and even that I don't know about.   

Knowshon was a straight-up beast. BEAST. So was Cam Wake. To out-score the Patriots 23-0 in the second half playing with three back-up LB's is nothing short of amazing. To score 33 with Tannehill playing A B-/C game is also encouraging. New England had won 61 straight when registering 3 or more take-aways- that streak's over now. Also big props to the o-line- they were tremendous. Tannehill was barely touched and we plowed them in the running game. All around just a great win. Bill Lazor made me a believer yesterday.

Edited by MadDog2020

Hopefully it is just a coincidence, but apparently Moreno was drug tested after the game.

https://twitter.com/AbramsonPBP/status/509020052080054272

Pat Kirwan, who co-hosts "Moving the Chains" with Jim Miller on SiriusXM, just said 8 players from the Dolphins & Browns were drug-tested, and named Moreno and Mitchell Schwartz as the two bigger names of the group. Not sure if 8 is a combined number between the two teams, or if both teams had 8 players each.

Results usually take 48 hours, so.. I'm assuming we'll hear anything by Wednesday.

It wouldn't have shocked me if the NFL drug tested Sherman on the spot after his rant with Erin Andrews on FOX last year  :lol:

You never usually hear about guys just getting tested though.  Either this beat guy's hearing something through the grapevine or there isn't anything else to write about :P

Edited by NJDevs4978