Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Satans Hockey

Check out what the Devils front office just sent me along with my play

158 posts in this topic

The thing that blows my mind is the need to identify "brokers" to begin with. Outside of Ranger games, does anyone actually make a profit selling Devils tickets? You can regularly find tickets in the 100s for less than $20. Why would people buy season tickets only to make 50% of their cost back on the secondary market? 

Seems to me that they are just trying to take the secondary market out of the equation all together to justify the box office prices.

The successful brokers/scalpers are buying good seats, not balcony or upper level. Reason? Perhaps that an opposing team's fan(s) will splurge because they can't on tickets for those teams at their rinks. Year in and year out at the games or on TV, you can see what seats these brokers/scalpers own behind the bench or in certain levels/sections because there is a NYR or Flyer fan or whomever fan in them. These brokers must be making a profit that keeps them coming back year after year.

Think about how many home games the Devils have vs the Rangers, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Boston and now Detroit. These are teams with large followings. The brokers and scalpers make their $ on these types of teams. The rest? If they sell them for break even at worst it's still a successful season.

Edited by TheRedStorm

quick question, maybe someone knows the answer. if there are other season ticket holders in your row, and on stubhub you don't list the seat numbers, how can they track who is the seller?

I was wondering that too.

They should be happy ANYONE is spending a dollar on this product.

For all you Sestito bashers out there, I'll take him any day. This team has no heart and has no hunger.

They should be happy ANYONE is spending a dollar on this product.

For all you Sestito bashers out there, I'll take him any day. This team has no heart and has no hunger.

seriously.. just as someone else said in an earlier post.. most of this team is just a lot of dead weight

Stubhub only recently made seat numbers optional. That might be there way of fighting this.

Wait. What?

Wait. What?

Stubhub use to make you put in the seat numbers, they recently changed that to optional.

I'm just speculating but maybe stubhub did that so companies like the ones the devils use can't get the information about what seats are being sold.

Stubhub use to make you put in the seat numbers, they recently changed that to optional.

I'm just speculating but maybe stubhub did that so companies like the ones the devils use can't get the information about what seats are being sold.

if you use their app, you have to insert your seat numbers but if you use their actual site, not mobile, they aren't required.

so for anyone who wants to relocate to a different section and row, make sure you ask your rep or whoever if there are any other season ticket holders in that row and if so how many before you move,

Edited by devils744