Colin226

GDT: NJ Devils @ FL Panthers - 7:30pm - MSG+2

154 posts in this topic

Ah, so I get the gist that we just plain sucked. Good to hear. I don't want to say, "Tommmorow = season" but it's getting ever closer to that.

The season was tonight.  There's no way in hell they're winning tomorrow after the spectacular way we blew this.  People can say Marty magic will take over but Marty was in net LAST year when we blew back-to-back games in Florida.

this is a game where if marty was in net we'd likely see the same result but we'd have 20 pages (with me leading the charge) of wanting him william wallaced.

it sucks that cory has sh!t the bed since the olympics but it is what it is. marty has not been all that great either but he's winning and at this point, it is all about how many and not how.

marty's playing until he loses at this point and i can't entirely argue against it. sure you want schneider to be given the chance to get his mojo back quickly but the devils can afford about 4 or 5 more games this season where they do not get 2 points if they want to make the playoffs. for a team that has won 3 games in a row once this year, they need at least one 5 game win streak or they are done.

and yeah - ryder. i mean, you can't do anything but just continue to throw him out there and hope you strike lighting but he is of immense negative value the last 2 months.

Ehhhh that yankee stadium game still hurts 7x more..lol

That was just a sideshow...this was actually the worst loss of the season. Worse even than the Columbus and Edmonton disasters and that's saying something.  At least those games were early in the season.

this is a game where if marty was in net we'd likely see the same result but we'd have 20 pages (with me leading the charge) of wanting him william wallaced.

it sucks that cory has sh!t the bed since the olympics but it is what it is. marty has not been all that great either but he's winning and at this point, it is all about how many and not how.

marty's playing until he loses at this point and i can't entirely argue against it. sure you want schneider to be given the chance to get his mojo back quickly but the devils can afford about 4 or 5 more games this season where they do not get 2 points if they want to make the playoffs. for a team that has won 3 games in a row once this year, they need at least one 5 game win streak or they are done.

and yeah - ryder. i mean, you can't do anything but just continue to throw him out there and hope you strike lighting but he is of immense negative value the last 2 months.

If Marty was in net we would have held the lead...it's become that kind of season right now where Cory's become a bad luck charm.

I didn't see it. I'm glad I didn't. I didn't need to see it to know that I've seen the same game a thousand times the last two years. This is the hallmark of a mediocre to below average team- they lose games like this to teams like Florida who they really have no business losing to, in all honesty. Games like tonight are why this team isn't making, nor deserves to make the playoffs.

Michael Ryder has now gone 21 games without a goal, awesome.

Heaven forbid DoucheBoer sits a veteran and sends a message.  Basically one third of the season-to-date without a goal.  Ridiculous.

This. Nicely said.

Michael Ryder has now gone 21 games without a goal, awesome.

lol.

I didn't see it. I'm glad I didn't. I didn't need to see it to know that I've seen the same game a thousand times the last two years. This is the hallmark of a mediocre to below average team- they lose games like this to teams like Florida who they really have no business losing to, in all honesty. Games like tonight are why this team isn't making, nor deserves to make the playoffs.

this

Good news though: Washington, the Rangers, and Detroit all won!!!!! Oh wait..... :doh1:

This is the death blow for the team. Not enough games left. They are too weak, fragile, and are chokers. The season is over

and again a major collapse in Florida. Just like last year. You're up 3-1 on a DEAD CORPSE FULL OF CRAP. You let up 9 SHOTS OVER THE LAST TWO PERIODS.

And they score 3 times and add an empty netter for good measure

Good news though: Washington, the Rangers, and Detroit all won!!!!! Oh wait..... :doh1:

that's all that ever fvcking happens. Seems like 1 day a week the games go our way, the other 6 days NOTHING goes our way

I was this close to turning the game off during that sh*t show of a first period.  I really wish I had.  I know I ain't watching the next two games.  I'm only bothering to go Thursday cause it's my friend's birthday game and Saturday well there's always the chance we play spoiler though I can't exactly expect much out of this gong show of a team.

Missed the game (so happy I did), so can't comment, but looks like Schneider is struggling. I bet it be hard to find a streak this poorly in his entire career and at the wrong time. He said all the right things, but the results need to be there.

Usual frustration here and on twitter. I really think the only guy that should be sh!tted on is Ryder. Not that we are paying him a ton, but 20+ games is pretty inexcusable. But offense also hasn't been the problem for this team since the break either.

People keep calling this the most unlikeable Devils team ever, but I won't go that far at all. It's just a very average team. Pretty sure this is what we knew going in.

Well, no one has been more outspoken about the goalie situation than me on this board, but I also didn't sign up for this Cory. The team seems to get the wins with Marty, so we are going to need him. If the team has to go back to Cory soon, that pretty much means the season is over. Here's hoping he shuts up all the haters (me especially) and gives the Devils some very good goaltending down the stretch.

conspiracy theory: schneider is dumping on the team purposely because he is pissed about the marty situation.

Missed the game (so happy I did), so can't comment, but looks like Schneider is struggling. I bet it be hard to find a streak this poorly in his entire career and at the wrong time. He said all the right things, but the results need to be there.

Usual frustration here and on twitter. I really think the only guy that should be sh!tted on is Ryder. Not that we are paying him a ton, but 20+ games is pretty inexcusable. But offense also hasn't been the problem for this team since the break either.

People keep calling this the most unlikeable Devils team ever, but I won't go that far at all. It's just a very average team. Pretty sure this is what we knew going in.

Well, no one has been more outspoken about the goalie situation than me on this board, but I also didn't sign up for this Cory. The team seems to get the wins with Marty, so we are going to need him. If the team has to go back to Cory soon, that pretty much means the season is over. Here's hoping he shuts up all the haters (me especially) and gives the Devils some very good goaltending down the stretch.

Good post, but here's the one thing you don't understand: no one is asking you apologize or to come down on Cory tonight, just as no one ever really said he isn't the better goalie. You are right that Cory is the better goalie overall and should be the starter. Where you went wrong is with the unilateral Marty bashing, where you would go way over top in your anger that he just wants to continue his career and that he wants to play more. You acted as if Marty should have just said "You know what? I suck and am a horrible person, I retire," and then accused him of having some maniac ego because he didn't make such a statement. Sorry, but it just never sat well with me; it just isn't good form. Then you would come on the board after Cory had bad games and would act like you had to defend your position on Cory, when no one even really brought it up, and explain how "tonight is not about the goaltending." Again, no one was going "HA! Told you Marty was better DR33!!!" No one. The Devils should probably go with Marty for a few games if the Devs win tomorrow but that is beside the point, and doesn't make invalid your correctly positioned support of Cory throughout this season.

Edited by Neb00rs

Schneider wasn't good enough and the team made horrible defensive errors.  Fayne and Elias are normally reliable and tonight they made some awful plays, simple as that.  Schneider couldn't bail them out.  I think this is the first time he's lost in regulation while the Devils scored 3 goals for him.

But yeah, they badly needed at least a point from this one.

Schneider wasn't good enough and the team made horrible defensive errors.  Fayne and Elias are normally reliable and tonight they made some awful plays, simple as that.  Schneider couldn't bail them out.  I think this is the first time he's lost in regulation while the Devils scored 3 goals for him.

But yeah, they badly needed at least a point from this one.

Second straight game, in fact.

Can't blame goal support any more when he blows chunks the way he did the last two games.

Good post, but here's the one thing you don't understand: no one is asking you apologize or to come down on Cory tonight, just as no one ever really said he isn't the better goalie. You are right that Cory is the better goalie overall and should be the starter. Where you went wrong is with the unilateral Marty bashing, where you would go way over top in your anger that he just wants to continue his career and that he wants to play more. You acted as if Marty should have just said "You know what? I suck and am a horrible person, I retire," and then accused him of having some maniac ego because he didn't make such a statement. Sorry, but it just never sat well with me; it just isn't good form. Then you would come on the board after Cory had bad games and would act like you had to defend your position on Cory, when no one even really brought it up, and explain how "tonight is not about the goaltending." Again, no one was going "HA! Told you Marty was better DR33!!!" No one. The Devils should probably go with Marty for a few games if the Devs win tomorrow but that is beside the point, and doesn't make invalid your correctly positioned support of Cory throughout this season.

As if some of the hateful posts from other people toward Cory the last couple weeks have been any less 'salty'?  Neither side has any high ground here.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Looking at Schneider's game logs for his career, the only other time he gave up 4+ goals in back to back games was last year in the playoffs. (Prior to this recent 3 game stretch of course)

I mentioned that this has been the most unlikeable Devils team for me earlier in the thread but for reference I only have seen games from 93-94 onward. Of course the 80's were horrible but I didn't live through that. The reason I'm frustrated with the team is the whole roster management issue, utterly boring hockey for most of the year, and the Brodeur/Schneider headache. I'll be more relieved than upset when the season is over. At least baseball is only 17 days away and the Nets have been on a tear in 2014.

Edited by thefiestygoat

Second straight game, in fact.

Can't blame goal support any more when he blows chunks the way he did the last two games.

Eh, Detroit game was a case of a team making their shots.  There was one bad goal let in by Schneider but they played really really awful defense and the Wings made their shots.  This one was different - he faced a fair number of high quality chances but just couldn't seem to stop enough of them.

Meh this is what I thought the Devils would honestly do - they'd stay just close enough to the playoffs to keep things interesting, and our hopes up. So if/when they inevitably miss, it'll be that much sh!ttier for us who pay attention.

I'm still thinking Lou should've sold at the deadline. But what do I know..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

As if some of the hateful posts from other people toward Cory the last couple weeks have been any less 'salty'?  Neither side has any high ground here.

??? Has this happened? Aside from last night there hasn't been much anti-Cory rhetoric at all. That's the whole point. And in the rare cases that it did happen, at least it was after a loss.

Also, re: this is an unlikable Devils team; I don't get that at all.

Edited by Neb00rs

Meh this is what I thought the Devils would honestly do - they'd stay just close enough to the playoffs to keep things interesting, and our hopes up. So if/when they inevitably miss, it'll be that much sh!ttier for us who pay attention.

I'm still thinking Lou should've sold at the deadline. But what do I know..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Sold who?

Edit: With this new(ish?) board format, does anyone know how to copy quotes and edit them in to an already submitted post, thus avoiding the DP of mine here? I've usually been able to just copy and paste the last few months, but that isn't working anymore, nor can I just copy and quote the text because I can't edit the 'Quote' title part to show who's quote it is and when. I hope I am being clear here.

Edited by Neb00rs