nick17112

GDT: Bruins @Devils 18th March 2014

Seems like the stoppage music is the best thing about tonight so far.

Can't expect Marty to make every last stop against these guys...he's done as well in this one as could be hoped for.

Now I know how Rags fans felt all of those years when they couldn't beat the Devils and found themselves outclassed.  That's what's happening to the Devils tonight.  Boston is just on a higher level. 

This game is going as predicted. Men vs. Boys. Honestly, we are lucky to be at only 1-0 and still in this game. We need lucky bounces tonight.

So much for those bounces....

Is Chico ok? Or did he make plans?

The only bounce we got... was Chico bouncing.

and of course 2 posts in the period.

It's speculated Chico is retiring so they're giving Dano a chance

Chara should have to play with one of those tiny souvenir sticks. His reach is ridiculous.

Chara should have to play with one of those tiny souvenir sticks. His reach is ridiculous.

Honestly, I just wish the Devils had bigger ones.

Someone in the arena start a Fire Pete chant. I just need something to be amused with.

Someone in the arena start a Fire Pete chant. I just need something to be amused with.

That would be one of the lower moments in the franchise in my opinion.

Seems like people putting this on Pete are just looking for someone to blame. This is a really really poorly constructed team with a ton of dead weight on offense, poor goaltending, and some disappointing defense lately.

I don't know man. Pete needs to do better in general but I am not sure if the Devils ever had a chance to win this game. The Bruins are an elite hockey team and they happen to be on a 9 game winning streak.

Wasnt impressed with dano as a color guy in the second.

Yea. he's not nearly as colorful and lively as Chico.

Wasnt impressed with dano as a color guy in the second.

Daneyko would talk too much as a color man, he's too excitable. Chico rambles and has his moments but he doesn't talk over Cangelosi for stretches. Daneyko would do that.

That would be one of the lower moments in the franchise in my opinion.

Seems like people putting this on Pete are just looking for someone to blame. This is a really really poorly constructed team with a ton of dead weight on offense, poor goaltending, and some disappointing defense lately.

True, and its a good point. I'm just very frustrated. Its not just tonight, its everything since the summer of 2012. Its been a rough year and a half to be a fan of this franchise.

True, and its a good point. I'm just very frustrated. Its not just tonight, its everything since the summer of 2012. Its been a rough year and a half to be a fan of this franchise.

It feels that way because the departure of Parise was the biggest FA loss in team history. You'll get an argument it was Niedermayer that was the biggest loss, but the Devils were still a playoff team after Niedermayer left. If the Devils miss the Playoffs this season, it'll be 3 for 3 without Parise (10-11 injury year, 12-13, 13-14). 

Ugh. That's one of those times where it benefits to take the penalty. That would have been a goal.

Edited by Neb00rs

PULL THE TEAM OFF THE GOD DAMN ICE