Who can we trade/sign this off season that's a "Devil" pla

Devs4LordStanley

@ Devs3cups I would argue that we already have some pretty solid center depth.  If you count Rico as a center, we have Zajac, Henrique, Josefson, Carter/Gio, then Elias if we need it and that's after trading Loktionov for a more versatile player in Ruutu.  Elias can play center but he can't win faceoffs like Zajac. 

I think trading is always this 'one solution' for people when it's not always the best thing to do.  I think the Kovy trade was one instance where that was the perfect example of when to trade(Lou HOSED the sh!t out of Atlanta in that trade, the pick coming back became Merrill).  I'd also point to the Poni trade in 2012.  Just adding that one player that puts you're team ahead. 

I'm not sold on Hemsky at all. 

Sign Vrbata
Win
Profit

Edited by RizzMB30

Does anyone know of any Brandon Pirri or Nino Niederreiter-type situations going on in the NHL? I'm thinking there must be some young talent out there that can't crack an NHL lineup for one reason or another. These are probably the types of players the Devils are most likely to get, with the limited assets we have here. In the two examples I gave: Niederreiter looks like he'll be a good player for Minnesota moving forward, and the Pirri trade seems awesome for Florida.

Does anyone know of any Brandon Pirri or Nino Niederreiter-type situations going on in the NHL? I'm thinking there must be some young talent out there that can't crack an NHL lineup for one reason or another. These are probably the types of players the Devils are most likely to get, with the limited assets we have here. In the two examples I gave: Niederreiter looks like he'll be a good player for Minnesota moving forward, and the Pirri trade seems awesome for Florida.

Jeremy Morin for the Blackhawks is waiver eligible next year, so is Brett Connolly for Tampa.  Connolly is definitely someone that I think will move and for cheap, the Lightning have a ton of young players plus Drouin coming into the system.