Larsson Back on Emergency Call-Up

msweet

NEWARK— Adam Larsson is back with the Devils and back in a familiar spot on defense alongside Eric Gelinas.

An emergency recall from Albany (AHL) because defenseman Jon Merrill is out after being struck in the face by a deflected shot, Larsson said he was happy to be back after playing 32 games in the minors.

“You’re always happy when you get the call. You always want to be up here and be a part of it. I’m really glad to be back here,” Larsson said.

“I’ve been here for three years so I pretty much know everybody here. Of course, I’m glad to be back with Geli. We played pretty good when we played together last time.”

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2014/03/back_with_devils_on_emergency_recall_adam_larsson_reunited_on_defense_with_eric_gelinas.html

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Larsson to be back means that we officially believe that "we're out of the playoffs" because DeBonehead never played him otherwise...or, pratically speaking, it is because Merrill and Salvador are on IR...

God bless the kid for not asking to outta here by now.

I mean you don't keep players who don't want to be here.  I.E. Ilya Kovalsuck.  But I think if Larsson had asked for a trade, LL would have laughed in his face.  We're the team that gave him a chance to be in the NHL and he still has to prove that he's still improving his game.

Yeah, because he's just killed it in the NHL so far.  Gimme a break.

Yeah this. I've been all for bringing Larsson up and wondering why the hell he's in the AHL at all but let's not pretend like he's some hot commodity or that he has just dominated in the NHL and is in Albany for absolutely no reason and that there is no debate that he should be on the roster. For that matter, let's also not pretend that he has attained any leverage against the Devils.

I mean you don't keep players who don't want to be here.  I.E. Ilya Kovalsuck.  But I think if Larsson had asked for a trade, LL would have laughed in his face.  We're the team that gave him a chance to be in the NHL and he still has to prove that he's still improving his game.

Really tough to do that when you are stuck in the AHL, while 4 other less worthy players are given an opportunity and you are not!!!

Larsson better be staying for the rest of the year...

Yeah this. I've been all for bringing Larsson up and wondering why the hell he's in the AHL at all but let's not pretend like he's some hot commodity or that he has just dominated in the NHL and is in Albany for absolutely no reason and that there is no debate that he should be on the roster. For that matter, let's also not pretend that he has attained any leverage against the Devils.

Lets not pretend that he is not better than half of the D men now on the roster!! Edited by redruM

Really tough to do that when you are stuck in the AHL, while 4 other less worthy players are given an opportunity and you are not!!!

Lets not pretend that he is not better than half of the D men now on the roster!!

When was he not given an opportunity? He played 21 games in the NHL this year and got hurt, then got sent down for roster limit reasons. All of that playing time in the AHL was probably great for his confidence and development.

Lets not pretend that he is not better than half of the D men now on the roster!!

That's beside the point I was making. The assertion was that the Devils should be grateful that Larsson isn't making demands.

When was he not given an opportunity? He played 21 games in the NHL this year and got hurt, then got sent down for roster limit reasons. All of that playing time in the AHL was probably great for his confidence and development.

What did he do during those 21 games that got him DEMOTED?? The guy was the #4 pick in the draft, some of you act like the Devils are the only team that would have picked him!!  

That's beside the point I was making. The assertion was that the Devils should be grateful that Larsson isn't making demands.

Actually if you listen to the radio broadcast they interviewed him, and he said everything you wanbted to hear, he was not upset about AHL, loved the idea of playing the most minutes and playing all aspects, PP, PK & 5 on 5 in the closing minutes every night. So why all the venom towards this kid??

I personally think LL did him wrong, and would not be surprised if he held it against NJ, thankfully this does not seem to be the case...

What did he do during those 21 games that got him DEMOTED?? The guy was the #4 pick in the draft, some of you act like the Devils are the only team that would have picked him!!  

Actually if you listen to the radio broadcast they interviewed him, and he said everything you wanbted to hear, he was not upset about AHL, loved the idea of playing the most minutes and playing all aspects, PP, PK & 5 on 5 in the closing minutes every night. So why all the venom towards this kid??

I personally think LL did him wrong, and would not be surprised if he held it against NJ, thankfully this does not seem to be the case...

Who is spewing venom at Larsson? Who said he has a bad attitude? We are discussing the quote by devlman: "God bless the kid for not asking to outta [sic] here by now."

Now that you brought it up though, I'm sure Larsson is very frustrated that he is down in the minors. And he should be frustrated. You can't seriously argue he is happy to be down there.

Edited by Neb00rs

Who is spewing venom at Larsson? Who said he has a bad attitude? We are discussing the quote by devlman: "God bless the kid for not asking to outta [sic] here by now."

Now that you brought it up though, I'm sure Larsson is very frustrated that he is down in the minors. And he should be frustrated. You can't seriously argue he is happy to be down there.

Not at all, just saying he said the right things, did not cause any issues...

I said this in the chat last night: Larsson playing the year in the AHL could be the best thing for him and the organization. The key thing is that Merrill took his spot this season, no one else. So what do we have? We have two young defenseman that we know are 100% ready to be in the NHL next season and play a lot. 

Merrill has gotten accustomed to the NHL game and is a regular in the lineup from here on out.

Larsson is in a great situation in Albany getting a ton of minutes in all situations. He's playing -- never a guarantee in NJ and gaining more and more confidence.

I feel great, and I bet Lou does too that he can pencil in both as regulars next season. It will help him finally make the right decisions on the defense in the off-season.

Edited by devilsrule33

I said this in the chat last night: Larsson playing the year in the AHL could be the best thing for him and the organization. The key thing is that Merrill took his spot this season, no one else. So what do we have? We have two young defenseman that we know are 100% ready to be in the NHL next season and play a lot. 

Merrill has gotten accustomed to the NHL game and is a regular in the lineup from here on out.

Larsson is in a great situation in Albany getting a ton of minutes in all situations. He's playing -- never a guarantee in NJ and gaining more and more confidence.

I feel great, and I bet Lou does too that he can pencil in both as regulars next season. It will help him finally make the right decisions on the defense in the off-season.

Are you sure though? does penciling those 2 regulars means letting Zids go? Just so Salvador and A-Train sill have a spot for sure? Zids may not be the greatest defensively but he's been huge getting us some production and creating plays.

Salvador somehow has to go, there's no other way around it and i'll be incredibly pissed if he's still there next season