Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Renato Rodrigues

GDT-Flames @ Devils-7PM

231 posts in this topic

Meh, they took away Ryder's center and he's playing hurt.  I get disgusted when I see him carrying the puck too but like dr33 said, he needs the right players around him to make it work.  He's not going to make offense for himself, he's just not that kind of player.  He needs people that can cut through defense and get him the puck, not Dainius Zubrus.

If he's still playing hurt then they really should've sat him awhile ago because he's doing nothing for them trying to play through it. No doubt the numbers suggest he should rebound but playing on a team like the Devils I won't hold my breath for it to happen. Do we even think Lou will be able to get linemates that suit him this offseason? Small sample size but it's a bit funny that his GF% and CF% were higher with Loktionov than any of his other linemates this year. Wish Loktionov had more of a chance with him.

Basically what I'm saying.  Ryder has had back-to-back seasons of low goal production before (I pointed out the Boston seasons).  I'm definitely not banking on him becoming a 25+ guy next season due to things possibly "evening out".  I think the Devils should move him (and I've only really just started to feel that way, but I've had enough).   

As an experienced Devils fan, I am smart enough now to scream "MOVE HIM BEFORE HE CAN'T BE MOVED."

Ryder was always streaky but he has hit a career low with us. We can live without him.

him and brunner were both bad pick ups imo.. maybe better than what we had but noow were stuck with them for another year

him and brunner were both bad pick ups imo.. maybe better than what we had but noow were stuck with them for another year

But...but... what about the people who got Brunner jerseys?  What about the people who changed their Kovy jerseys to Ryder jerseys?!  Will someone please think of the children!!?

I really had high hopes for Brunner.

Turns out he just needs a Zetterberg-caliber player as his center to actually do anything.  Go figure.