Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ThreeCups

GDT: Isles @ Devils 7:30PM - Marty's Last Game?

112 posts in this topic

Ok well no goalies stopping the last 2 shots. Im betting brodeur was playing neilson for his backhanded shot

Bailey stopped the puck, that shouldntve counted. But I am expecting too much from NHL refs to make basic calls correctly.

That spin-o-rama move is bullsh!t and should be disqualified

Ok well no goalies stopping the last 2 shots, and if they do its pure luck as you cant predict when someones gonna quickly stop and spin around. Im betting brodeur was playing neilson for his backhanded shot

That Bailey move was dumb. He stopped completely. Strome's at least was more of one fluid motion. 

Too bad. Getting the shootout monkey off our backs was the most that could be hoped for at this point in the season.

No goalie named Martin Brodeur at 42 is stopping that spinorama. But it's been attempted before and stopped plenty of times. Whether or not it counted...who cares. The Isles could run their entire lineup out there in the shootout and every one would've scored. Every single one

Edited by '7'

Hey we won the Tri-State Challenge! We won something this year! Woooooooo!

I hope we go to a shootout Sunday, Jagr skates down, picks the puck up and throws it in the net, just to show what a farce these things are.

Horsesh!t way to an end of this horsesh!t season. Devils should sign Scott Hamilton and designate him to skate stationary spins in front of the crease in shoot outs.

Lou really needs to push for the abolishment of shootouts in the offseason

because we can't win a damn one.....hahahaha.....like you,I knew Marty wouldn't stop one no matter the move .

because we can't win a damn one.....hahahaha.....like you,I knew Marty wouldn't stop one no matter the move .

and he actually played a pretty good game. But in the shootouts he's just too slow and just flat out chokes. Those spinoramas were fairly telegraphed. Most goalies would at the very least stop the 2nd.

I was never a fan of the shootout, even when we dominated with Kovy, Zach, Patty etc...

How is it fair to teams without snipers? It's a skills competition.

I want more hockey! 4 on 4 and then 3 on 3.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Idk if it was shown in TV, but Marty hit Bailey in the back with the puck after Bailey burned him. Then Strome started to skate out and Bailey called him back and probably told him to do the spin to just to shove it in Marty's face.

In all honesty I'm glad Marty got burned twice on it. That's some low sore loser sh!t, hitting a player with the puck after he scores.

You shouldnt be allowed to do that. Goalies have virtually no chance at it

In that case our players should try it.....somehow they would stop them.

Idk if it was shown in TV, but Marty hit Bailey in the back with the puck after Bailey burned him. Then Strome started to skate out and Bailey called him back and probably told him to do the spin to just to shove it in Marty's face.

In all honesty I'm glad Marty got burned twice on it. That's some low sore loser sh!t, hitting a player with the puck after he scores.

yea but he's always been that way. I'm sort of glad he's pissed...but jeez just fire it into a corner. Or curse up a storm. But hey maybe this shootout can be a bit of a wakeup call regarding Brodeurs abilities. Pretty much anybody with half a brain knew Brodeur wasn't physically capable of stopping the young fast skilled Islanders in a shootout. He doesn't have the reflexes even if he does know what's coming.

If we go to a shootout Sunday Cory should check the shooter coming down with the puck, steal the puck and score on whoever the Bruins goalie is.

I don't care about Marty hitting Bailey in the back with the puck, I wish he hit Strome too. That spin-o-rama bullsh!t is just that- bullsh!t. fvcking little showboating cocksuckers.

yea but he's always been that way. I'm sort of glad he's pissed...but jeez just fire it into a corner. Or curse up a storm. But hey maybe this shootout can be a bit of a wakeup call regarding Brodeurs abilities. Pretty much anybody with half a brain knew Brodeur wasn't physically capable of stopping the young fast skilled Islanders in a shootout. He doesn't have the reflexes even if he does know what's coming.

Yeah talk about a sharp decline.  Marty used to be money in the shootout.

If we go to a shootout Sunday Cory should check the shooter coming down with the puck, steal the puck and score on whoever the Bruins goalie is.

ha, no way Brodeur isn't starting Sunday. Though I've seen my fill and would like a Schneider start...its going to be Brodeur

Edited by '7'

ha, no way Brodeur isn't starting Sunday. Though I've seen my fill and would like a Schneider start...its going to be Brodeur

As it should be. This is gonna be his last game. This is the fans' last chance to say 'good-bye and thank you' to Marty until jersey retirement night. I'd actually be pissed if Cory played this one, as it means nothing in terms of playoffs.