2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

It sucks we aren't there obviously, but I figured it was time for a playoffs discussion thread. All 16 teams are locked and loaded with Dallas clinching last night, and there are gonna be some GREAT first-round matchups. Somehow Colorado is in first place in the West (just give the Adams to Roy now, what a job he's done) and they would play Minnesota if the playoffs started today... Setting up an epic St. Louis-Chicago matchup, to go along with SJ-LA (DAL-ANA is the other west match-up). In the east, the good news about Rags-Phailures would be it guarantees one of these dumbass franchises goes home in the first round... The bad news is it guarantees one of these dumbass franchises also moves on (the Rags could still play Columbus as well depending what happens today and tomorrow). MTL-TB is set and DET-BOS and PIT-CBJ would be the other east match-ups if it all started today. Anyway, lots to discuss as some different match-up possibilities still exist. Sorry for the lack of paragraphs, I'm on my phone lol.

I'm rooting for Tampa in the East and San Jose in the West to win it all.

Well then you'll be interested to hear that Malone was busted with a DUI and possession of cocaine. Interesting start to the post season.. Yikes.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Who do we root for in the Flyers vs Rangers series?  For me personally, I'll root for the Flyers.  I just despise the the Broad-Gay Blue sh!ts that much.  Flyers fans actually respect the Devils.  Rags fans do everything they can to sh!t on the Devils at any opportunity.

Who do we root for in the Flyers vs Rangers series?  For me personally, I'll root for the Flyers.  I just despise the the Broad-Gay Blue sh!ts that much.  Flyers fans actually respect the Devils.  Rags fans do everything they can to sh!t on the Devils at any opportunity.

lol okay...Flyer fans are subhuman animals, Ranger fans are just buffoons.  And honestly the Flyer team has more wahoos than the Rangers, the only guys I can't stand on the Rangers are St. Louis (for whining his way out of Tampa) and Carcillo.

lol okay...Flyer fans are subhuman animals, Ranger fans are just buffoons. And honestly the Flyer team has more wahoos than the Rangers, the only guys I can't stand on the Rangers are St. Louis (for whining his way out of Tampa) and Carcillo.

You speak truth- Phailure fans are subhuman animals, and Rag fans are beyond buffoons. But the wahoo player factor doesn't play in to it with me. It doesn't matter who wears that blue sack of sh!t on their chests- the Rangers are the Rangers and the Rangers are worse than AIDS and I wouldn't root for them if I had an assault rifle pointed at my brain stem.

It matters to me a ton that the Phailures are bounced immediately after they take care of the Rags. After that, whoever wins I can live with.

That's why I said ( to me).......I guess I know the flygirls goaltending will never hold up through 4 rounds. I want the Queen and the rags gone 1st round.

As there's no other team or fanbase I hate more than the Rangers...like hit the post and many others, I want them gone in the first round.  I won't go so far to say that I'll be "rooting" for the Flyers.

Then I'll hope the Flyers go bye-bye in the next round.

I'm with MD2020, though I'd like to see the Penguins bounced too.  I never can really bring myself to root for anyone outside of the Devils, though I can deal with a team like Boston winning the Cup...they're a terrific team and just so damned good.

I thought all season long that CLB would be a tough team to play in the post season.  I think they could really give PIT a hard time even though they didn't beat them this season.

While I wish both of these teams would fall of a cliff, since I work with a bunch of douche bag Rags fans I have to pull for the Phailures this series.

lol okay...Flyer fans are subhuman animals, Ranger fans are just buffoons.  And honestly the Flyer team has more wahoos than the Rangers, the only guys I can't stand on the Rangers are St. Louis (for whining his way out of Tampa) and Carcillo.

I actually don't hate any of the players on either team.

You speak truth- Phailure fans are subhuman animals, and Rag fans are beyond buffoons. But the wahoo player factor doesn't play in to it with me. It doesn't matter who wears that blue sack of sh!t on their chests- the Rangers are the Rangers and the Rangers are worse than AIDS and I wouldn't root for them if I had an assault rifle pointed at my brain stem.

I lol'd.

I'll always remember you said this.

Context much?