2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

Probably two will be gone after this round, but I do think the Wild will be tougher on the Hawks this year compared to last.

As long as the Rags lose, that's really all I care about. Get them out. Now. Pittsburgh can win the Cup for all I care, just knock out the Rags.

Its not even funny how much better of a team Boston is when they don't sleepwalk as they did in the first 40 minutes.  Price has been great tonight but there is some unreal puck luck going on for him especially in the OT.

To save everyone time tomorrow.

- SD has some annoying Habs "friends" on FB

- They don't realize how badly they got outplayed and how lucky they were to win that game

- They actually think they are the favourites now

- Think Carey Priceis the next Roy or Dryden

- Did he tell you that they are annoying?

It was all bruins all fvcking game and mtl found ways to score. Theres no way they can hold on and win that series. Theyve been manhandled all game.

Yeah but you're not accounting for SHOT QUALITY who cares about dominating play, Habs are better at #shot #quality #shotquality .

Edited by Marshall

Yeah but you're not accounting for SHOT QUALITY who cares about dominating play, Habs are better at #shot #quality #shotquality .

Darren Dreger reports chance quality was 29-13 in favor of the Bruins.

Is there anybody arguing the Canadiens had better shot quality if they lost?

Boston shouldn't be too worried. Heavily outplayed Montreal for 85% of the game and they missed 4 or 5 empty net chances, honestly. I will give Price credit that he made some phenomenal saves at times, kept his team in it, obviously, but supreme bad luck (for Boston) kept this one from being 7-3 Bruins.

Probably two will be gone after this round, but I do think the Wild will be tougher on the Hawks this year compared to last.

This is where psychology comes into play.  Wild has "character" and it has marque players  --- so will that give them selective strength or will it weaken them spreading their juju out?   Does anyone understand what I just wrote?

Parise likes to think of himself as a grinder, a hard-working character guy.  BUT in his heart of hearts he knows his team has recruited all these hot shots --- basically admitting you can't win on character alone.  There is all this weird sh!t that now is in play - guilt basically because you ARE a character team at heart -- so there is this bullsh!t guilt that you're cheating with your reputation etc and so forth.  AND as I say, it's easier to lose with your hard working character guy buddies by your side.  

Hawks have no such problem when Toews is your marque guy... I'm just sayin'   The chemistry on that team is such that they have no idea they're a$$holes en toto -- so they run a far smaller risk of sh!tting the bed based on second guessing who they are.

and this COUDL all be bullsh!t.... so you can't make any call -- just realize the pitfall and see if they fall into it or not....

Edited by Pepperkorn

As for the Habs -- I want them to win frankly -- I think Boston is an ass.

What sucks is Boston man-handles everyone.  You know -- we all know that game -- the Habs could get around it... you know, if they just WOULD.  Man... it's like you have to practice de-sensitivity.  I always freaking wince when I reach for my metal file cabinet because I usually get a shock -- I don't even realize it and feel like an a$$hole afterthefact.  I want to just keep shocking the sh!t out of myself until I stop the time wasting focus stealing wince.  That fvcking wince wins games.... and the Devils sadly lack the wince factor now -- yeah like I'll wince with Salvador coming at me... that's our wince factor?  and a scrub makes no one wince -- it just fires everyone else.

I think the Habs defence is big enough they can get a wince factor going -- but maybe it's too late  :noclue:

Its not even funny how much better of a team Boston is when they don't sleepwalk as they did in the first 40 minutes. Price has been great tonight but there is some unreal puck luck going on for him especially in the OT.

While watching the game I kept thinking to myself that God really doesn't want the Bruins to win this one. Pucks going along the goal line, sitting in the crease, hitting a Bruins player after passing through Price, and Bruins missing open nets. Made for a terrific game. Props to price for keeping the Habs in it. Idk how much punishment the team can take as the series progresses, though. They were taking their fair share and dishing not much back. They should focus on Chara. If they can grind him and his 30

Mins per game down, the tables may turn.