2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

what a terrible game by the pens last night it looked like the ice was slanted..now theyre going to go back to msg and the rangers have some momentum going home..not good.. i know im probably alone feeling this way but i hope the wild end up beating the blackhawks

Derek is getting too nostalgic about the Richter years. Lundqvist is the better goalie. You don't think Lundqvist could have won the Cup with 1994 team? Do you think prime Richter is leading the Rangers of the last 7-8 years very far?  Henrik  had an incredible run in 2012 on a team that didn't have much business being there.

Richter played quite well in 1994. Lundqvist has played just as well in the playoffs, but just never had the benefit of being on a team nearly as good as the 1994 team.

It's hard to say. Overall when looking at the body of work, Lundqvist is the better goalie. From a consistency standpoint and level, there's no argument. Implying that the 1994 team could've won with Hank is like all the fans who said the Devils would've won x amount of Cups with Hasek. I'm a Hasek guy. Brodeur was a perfect fit for the Devils. His combination of stickhandling and clutch goaltending made those teams very tough to attack. Of course, he had help on the blueline and offensively. The prime Richter was very good. Injuries and poorly constructed teams wasted the second part of his career. If healthy, he wins 400 and is in the HHOF.

Lundqvist is a great puck stopper who relies on his athleticism. For my liking, he stays too far back in his net. But that's the style he's accustomed to. The 2012 team was Hank's best. But they were also a team. Everyone contributed. They should've finished off one of those rounds earlier. It was perfectly set up. The Devils got hot at the right time. The amazing aspect is it was your 4th line that beat them. All the talk about the lack of offense, they rallied from 3 down in a bad game from Lundqvist before Carter scored. They came back from 2 down in Game 6 before Henrique's clincher. That's the way it bounces. In that series, Brodeur was better than Lundqvist. Hank has had some good postseason moments. His record facing elimination and his Game 7 mark. The back to back shutouts of the Caps. He's yet to have that defining moment.

In their history, the Rangers have never rallied from a 3-1 series deficit. In fact, last night's win was the first time they even extended a series since 1982. Of all the close rivals, I despise the Pens the most. The way NBC caters to them. The stick fouls they get away with. And the most biased press who are as unprofessional as it gets. Go read Dejan Kovacevic's Twitter. What a clown. He accused Marc Staal of assault. Granted. He did give Crosby a two-hander that was dangerously close to his neck. Should've been called.

The Rangers have never beaten Pittsburgh. I'm sick of losing to that team. I was very relaxed and felt good about last night. I have the same feeling for tomorrow. I'm going. If any fan boos or utters a negative word, they should have their fan license revoked. If they can come out with the same effort, they'll force Game 7 and give the Pens something to think about. There's no reason why they shouldn't.

Dude, I tuned in late- why the fvck was Martin Jones in goal for LA?

quick let in two goals on 11 shots. I think Sutter just wanted to send a message? Didn't matter in the end though, Jones didn't give up any goals but LA still llst

quick let in two goals on 11 shots. I think Sutter just wanted to send a message? Didn't matter in the end though, Jones didn't give up any goals but LA still llst

Gotcha. I figured it was something like that, but I didn't know if Quick got hurt or something.

Lou please get Cory signed so I can get rid of this nagging feeling that MAF might somehow become the Devils' starting goalie in 2015-16.