MadDog2020

2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

2,364 posts in this topic

I seriously want a SJ vs MIN / COL and CBJ vs MTL final 4.

You do know that MIN would possibly be going to the SCF

Don't understand the hated for COL

I seriously want a SJ vs MIN / COL and CBJ vs MTL final 4.

I understand being bored of teams, but I want good hockey and the best matchups. None of these are that, Chicago and Boston are incredible teams, so if it's a Stanley Cup rematch, so be it. Have to respect both organizations for how good they have been.

Chicago vs. LA/SJ would be an excellent Conference Finals.

No no no! I don't want teams like LA or MIN close to a Stanley Cup Finals. They're loaded with POS players

A Chicago-Boston rematch is just fine with me. It would be an awesome series.

SJ needs to put on their big boy pants and start bringing their physical game

SJ needs to put on their big boy pants and start bringing their physical game

They need to score the first goal in game 6. If they don't, I think they may get run off the rink.

Doc seemed.. Off today.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You do know that MIN would possibly be going to the SCF

And?

Don't understand the hated for COL

I hate Roy.  I think he's a total jerk.  But they have exciting players.  I am still bitter about 2001 for sure, but I just love their current roster.

I understand being bored of teams, but I want good hockey and the best matchups. None of these are that, Chicago and Boston are incredible teams, so if it's a Stanley Cup rematch, so be it. Have to respect both organizations for how good they have been.

Chicago vs. LA/SJ would be an excellent Conference Finals.

I'm not sure how you can say any of that with certainty.

Colorado, San Jose, and Anaheim are definitely exciting teams.  And all 3 are powerhouses.  I think Colorado vs San Jose / Anaheim would be a very exciting series.

No no no! I don't want teams like LA or MIN close to a Stanley Cup Finals. They're loaded with POS players

Boston has Lucic and Marchand.

This playoffs is going to be sh!t anyways. It's same guys again in the Conference Finals.

I never liked the Miller trade from the beginning for St. Louis. These days it seems like 90% of the goalies are nearly the same, 5% elite ones and 5% awful.

I'm not sure what made St. Louis think that Miller is exceptionally better than Halak, but I think five years from now St. Louis is going to end up looking pretty foolish.

Sj and Minnesota would definitely be exciting.

SJ/COL is my biggest hope now that STL is out. BOS/COL is my other even though it's highly unlikely

SJ/COL is my biggest hope now that STL is out. BOS/COL is my other even though it's highly unlikely

do you know what's gonna happen to Colorado in a 7 game series vs Chicago? They've been extraordinarily lucky to survive minnesota so far. They'll get rolled in 4 or 5 getting outshot by 15 every game 

To the contrary the Avs had some good success over the hawks in these past two seasons.

Holy sh!t, Anaheim scores two in the final two minutes to tie it up in Dallas!

Seeing teams blow leads and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory this postseason, i don't know if it's just really good hockey or some terrible hockey disguised as good. Whatever the case this is entertaining.

Poor St. Louis, this really seemed like their year to make a deep run. 

Anaheim wins. Absolutely soul-crushing loss for Dallas. We know this feeling- this is Dallas' 09 Carolina.

Anaheim wins. Absolutely soul-crushing loss for Dallas. We know this feeling- this is Dallas' 09 Carolina.

That's a good analogy.  I was really hoping Dallas could pull it out for a game 7 as I have no love for Anaheim. 

2 goal leads are the worst leads in these playoffs.  Seriously.  I'm excited for the ANA vs SJ / LA series in the next round.

Except Dallas still had to win another game besides this.  This was more like Bruins-Hawks Game 6 only not in the Finals.

At least those two games were over mercifully quick though...they had to sit through an intermission after blowing a two-goal lead and then blow it for good in OT.

Edited by NJDevs4978