MadDog2020

2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

2,364 posts in this topic

What he does is actually the most graceful respectful way to go about the situation, wear the home team jersey. Unlike our "Jersey pride" governor who is outspoken about his love for the Broadway Blueshirts.

The way the Gov should of went about it was say I grew up a Rangers fan so am kind of torn.  He is a politician after all we know he can lie.

What he does is actually the most graceful respectful way to go about the situation, wear the home team jersey. Unlike our "Jersey pride" governor who is outspoken about his love for the Broadway Blueshirts.

And if Christie switched allegiances he would have been attacked for switching them.  He really is in a cannot-win situation with this and it is probably the lesser of two evils to just stick with the team he grew up cheering.

iam from New York (state not city..i live in rockland county) so 9 times out of 10 iam the black sheep whenever hockey gets brought up everyone is a rangers fan and iam left being the only devils fan usually.. but living in ny thats pretty much expected..however i feel like more and more a lot of people in nj are rangers fans as well..they just seem to have such a large fan base and now that they have a descent team and our team sucks thats not going to help anything.

I grew up in Rockland, and was a Rags fan 'cuz my Dad was.  When friends & I wanted to get hammered & see some games, it was too expensive to get into NYC (the GWB was $2.00, lol).

So we went to the Meadowlands for some games.  It was quick to get there, parking was $3.00, so everybody but the driver kicked in a buck, and we got home super fast since we did not get stuck on Rte 3 West. That was in 1987-88 when the Devs had their great run...and we all became Devs fans & still are to this day !

Best. Decision. Ever.

5 Finals & 3 Cups !!!!!!

Edited by BlueSkirt
1 person likes this

I grew up in Rockland, and was a Rags fan 'cuz my Dad was. When friends & I wanted to get hammered & see some games, it was too expensive to get into NYC (the GWB was $2.00, lol).

So we went to the Meadowlands for some games. It was quick to get there, parking was $3.00, so everybody but the driver kicked in a buck, and we got home super fast since we did not get stuck on Rte 3 West. That was in 1987-88 when the Devs had their great run...and we all became Devs fans & still are to this day !

Best. Decision. Ever.

5 Finals & 3 Cups !!!!!!

haha two bucks to cross the bridge geeze what is it now twenty.. cool story man sounds like those were the days Edited by 2ELIAS6

I also grew up in a family of Giants fans... You see how that worked out lol.

So why did you pick rooting for Miami over the Jets then lol

Edited by NJDevs4978

So why did you pick rooting for Miami over the Jets then lol

I became a Fins fan because of Marino, Shula, and I've been going to South Florida since I was 6 months old (lots of family in the area). So they became my team as a kid and it stayed that way. I never felt any attachment whatsoever to either of the local teams because they were NY teams (even though they play in NJ). They're still NY teams, and they'll always be NY teams. I hate that they both play in Jersey.

And if Christie switched allegiances he would have been attacked for switching them.  He really is in a cannot-win situation with this and it is probably the lesser of two evils to just stick with the team he grew up cheering.

I disagree. It would've been perfectly acceptable -- and even expected -- for him to root for the Jersey teams. Especially seeing as how he is such a pro-Jersey guy in most other aspects. I don't think anyone would've attacked him for switching his teams, except for maybe a few close friends. Other than that, who would've even known for whom he used to root?

But, no, he goes out of his way to show his allegiance to the Rangers and Cowboys. It really gets grating at times.

This isn't a political thing, BTW.

Edited by 95Crash

I disagree. It would've been perfectly acceptable -- and even expected -- for him to root for the Jersey teams. Especially seeing as how he is such a pro-Jersey guy in most other aspects. I don't think anyone would've attacked him for switching his teams, except for maybe a few close friends. Other than that, who would've even known for whom he used to root?

But, no, he goes out of his way to show his allegiance to the Rangers and Cowboys. It really gets grating at times.

This isn't a political thing, BTW.

lol yes it is.  He gets attacked for anything and everything.  Some he deserves and some he doesn't.  If he would have switched allegiences after he was elected governor he would have never heard the end of it from the press.

It's not like he is bashing the Devils in his speeches.  He has many times given kudos and spoke well for the Devils franchise and the arena like any other governor of NJ would. 

lol yes it is.  He gets attacked for anything and everything.  Some he deserves and some he doesn't.  If he would have switched allegiences after he was elected governor he would have never heard the end of it from the press.

It's not like he is bashing the Devils in his speeches.  He has many times given kudos and spoke well for the Devils franchise and the arena like any other governor of NJ would. 

Well he did sentence Luke and the gang to death via Sarlac Pit.

But Christie is only getting criticized in these types of threads because he is so vocal in his support of the Rangers. Are you saying that the only people that are bothered by it are those who are against him politically? I don't believe that to be true.

Christine Todd Whitman, another Republican, was very visible in her support of the Devils in all of her years in office and even afterward. I don't remember anyone ever asking her who she supported before there was a Devils team. It obviously couldn't have been the Devils.

Hell, we had people in these threads criticizing Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes for showing up at the Yankees Stadium game wearing Rangers jerseys.

Edited by 95Crash

But Christie is only getting criticized in these types of threads because he is so vocal in his support of the Rangers. Are you saying that the only people that are bothered by it are those who are against him politically? I don't believe that to be true.

Christine Todd Whitman, another Republican, was very visible in her support of the Devils in all of her years in office and even afterward. I don't remember anyone ever asking her who she supported before there was a Devils team. It obviously couldn't have been the Devils.

Hell, we had people in these threads criticizing Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes for showing up at the Yankees Stadium game wearing Rangers jerseys.

So the moral of this story is everyone can go fvck themselves.

2 people like this

our playoff thread totally turned into a thread about chris christie

Well then let's get it back on track- Crosby is on the board, finally. 1-0 Pittsburgh.

i think this was going to be crosby's 13th game in a row no goal..

2 goals on 7 shots for the Queen.

Breakaways, granted, but still.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

being exposed like the fraud that he is... someone said it was going to happen

The Garden is dead. What lousy fans. Don't ever let them tell you they're fan base is great or that msg is some mystical place. Compete sh!t.

Edited by devlman

being exposed like the fraud that he is... someone said it was going to happen

c'mon, guy came up big in Game 7 and played well enough to win last night.  He's not really a fraud.  Not that I ever mind seeing him lose...

The Garden is dead. What lousy fans. Don't ever let them tell you they're fan base is great or that msg is some mystical place. Compete sh!t.

Our fans can be pretty somnambulant too, but I agree, greatly overrated fanbase, always has been...lots of witless dummies in that crowd.

1 person likes this

2-0 Pens win. Beautiful.

Edited by MadDog2020

I hate this song, but I love the Rangers losing and getting shut out in back to back I LOVE IT

Root for MAF to play well, maybe Pitt re-signs him.

Root for MAF to play well, maybe Pitt re-signs him.

Exactly CR. Win-win for us lol.

It sounded like an L.A. home game after that first goal. There was even a loud, mocking "Hillller, Hilller" chant -- exactly like the "Maaarty, Maaarty" chant that Rangers fans like do.