2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

Actually not the worst, malkin crosby and neal seem to lose their heads fairly eaisly when faced with a physical game or a tight game where they don't get lots of room. That stuff seems to get them frustrated (cry baby culture over there in pit). Not so easy as just play physical and they will beat themselves, but def knock them around and play a tight game. I think if the Blue Jackets hope to beat the pens, that's the type of game they have to play.

Edited by Sneax

I already cant stand habs fans who makes a huge deal about everything. They went on and on and on about them being the only canadian team in playoffs and they really make a huge deal out of it as it they really deserved it and not cause the other teams simply sucked hard lol

Suring the game i can enjoy play by play statuses too. Terrible.

I already cant stand habs fans who makes a huge deal about everything. They went on and on and on about them being the only canadian team in playoffs and they really make a huge deal out of it as it they really deserved it and not cause the other teams simply sucked hard lol

Suring the game i can enjoy play by play statuses too. Terrible.

I always thought you were a bit overdramatic regarding Habs fans. Until last season, we had one or two weekend games vs. the Habs (SO A TON OF THEM WERE THERE). And I finally figured out firsthand what you were talking about.

Habs fans are douchebags. I was at the game that officially knocked us out of the playoffs in 2011 against them and a bunch of Habs fans came down. They were doing that stupid fvcking OLE chant on loop, and a bunch of them were talking sh!t about eliminating us. They ate sh!t right back though, plenty of bullsh!t hurled back their way from me and tons of other Devs fans. I had much less of an issue with the Habs fans I encountered IN Montreal when I went up there for a Devils-Habs game a few years ago.

fvck the Habs. I hate when their fans come to our arena. They're probably only behind Rags fans when it comes to which opposing fans I hate the most, just ahead of Philly fans. They're so rude and condescending (and cocky for no reason) and they'll talk sh!t about you in French, which is funny for me because I can speak a bit and will call them out on it and it usually shuts them right up.

I always thought you were a bit overdramatic regarding Habs fans. Until last season, we had one or two weekend games vs. the Habs (SO A TON OF THEM WERE THERE). And I finally figured out firsthand what you were talking about.

They are No. 3 on my fans I hate list.  Right behind the Flyers and Rags.  I've never been to Montreal, so I've never experienced these neandreathals in their native habitat, but they are some of the most vocal and obnoxious fans I've ever encountered.  I've told this story before, but my friends and I almost got into a brawl with a few of them in 2010 after they gave the "Hitler salute" to a soldier that they put up on the screen as the "Hero of the Game."  Absolutely classless.

As much as it pains me to say this....Go Flyers.  :urg:   I truly think that whoever wins the Flyers-Rags series is going to the ECF though. 

Habs fans are douchebags. I was at the game that officially knocked us out of the playoffs in 2011 against them and a bunch of Habs fans came down. They were doing that stupid fvcking OLE chant on loop, and a bunch of them were talking sh!t about eliminating us. They ate sh!t right back though, plenty of bullsh!t hurled back their way from me and tons of other Devs fans. I had much less of an issue with the Habs fans I encountered IN Montreal when I went up there for a Devils-Habs game a few years ago.

I've experienced the same thing. I've had much less issues with Habs fans in Montreal than the ones who come to New Jersey. The ones who come down here are as obnoxious as any fans I've dealt with, and for the most part uninformed. I remember Parise scoring a hat trick in the first season at The Rock, and there was a group being snotty about him being our best player and "of course it's a Canadian".

Yet when I was in Montreal for the 2004 World Cup or random NHL games with or without the Devils involved, I've had generally good experiences.

I've never been to Montreal, so I've never experienced these neandreathals in their native habitat, but they are some of the most vocal and obnoxious fans I've ever encountered.

Similar to Rangers fans, the typical Habs fan can't afford a game at the Bell Centre, which explains why all the douchebags come to our arena (Rags and Habs). Taking a trip to Newark/NYC and going to the Devils-Habs game is sometimes a cheaper weekend than going to a Saturday night game at the Bell Centre.

I've told this story before, but my friends and I almost got into a brawl with a few of them in 2010 after they gave the "Hitler salute" to a soldier that they put up on the screen as the "Hero of the Game." Absolutely classless.

Are you sure they just weren't waving a white flag at the first sign of a soldier?

Well sucks for you somewhat but glad that youre on my side now lol

One game and Rags fans think they've already won the cup.  My facebook feed is filled with crap like this.

"How about them Rangers?! Now it must REALLY suck to be a Devils fan. Sorry we do what you guys can't."

But I'm gonna cut her some slack.  She's a former coworker of mine, and all the hockey fans at my old job were Devils fans.  She's constantly had to hear talk about the Devils.  And she's due to give birth any day now.  So her emotions might be a little wacky.