2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

I hate the logo on their ugly jersey's, and I always will.  I don't care who's currently on their roster.

And the fact that anyone would consider the Rangers a geographic rival more so than an on-ice one is ..to put it bluntly, retarded.  I hate using that word but seriously...  the Rangers are without question the Devils' biggest rival, year in and year out.  I'd consider the Flyers a more geographic rival at this point.

There is, has been, and always will be, hated for that team across the river.

Man this team is going soft, first they change the goal horn, now people aren't hating the Rangers...  (SARCASM)

Edited by Devilsfan118

I hate the Rangers with an undying passion. They're the only team I go out of my way to watch just for the sole purpose of laughing when they lose. They could be playing a team of genetically cloned Hitlers and I'd pop on a Swastika jersey and learn to cheer in German before I'd ever root for those sh!theads from New York. As for the Philly/NY debate, I'd rather see Philly win every year for the next decade than for the Rangers to win once.

Edited by PWW

You usually have a logical and calm deemer and I typically look to you as a voice of reason.   But on this thread you seem unhinged.

I don't consider the Rags a "fierce" rival, more of a geographic rival (currently).  I would hardly describe my cheering as "active".  I would rather see them win, than Montreal, that is the extent of it.    If insecure fantatics can't handle this, that is not my problem. 

Hit me! 

Come on Manta. The Hudson rivalry is one of the best around. I understand the hatred even if it's kind of amusing. Especially what's tossed around. All I can say is it's nice to be able to support a team this deep into the tournament. It's very exciting. Of course when there's success, you get your bandwagon fans who didn't even know the Rangers existed. I can't stand those types. They didn't experience a decade of futility or endure some of the worst hockey at MSG. Unfortunately, those kind always exist. Doesn't matter what team or city. Frontrunners.

My feeling when we lost to you in 2012 was one of indifference. There was an emptiness following that series. I refused to watch the first three games of the SCF. Only once the Devils got back in it, I feared the worst. Of course, I didn't want to see them win. But I wasn't exactly cheering wildly for the Kings. I am able to separate my emotions. It's not the same when your team isn't there.

I expect every negative verb to be used describing Kreider as a mass murderer along with conspiracy theories. I've seen bitter Islander fans try to discredit their run. 'They lucked into it.' Of course, you do need some luck to get this far. Whether it be injuries or bounces, etc. Did anyone stop to think that maybe you also make your own luck? The Rangers got little to no contribution from the top line thru two rounds. It wasn't until Kreider returned that they woke up. There's been reference to the meeting Richards, St. Louis and Lundqvist had following Game 4. Listening to Lundqvist reference what was said along with his brutal honesty about feeling the 2012 team didn't give everything in that ECF is eye opening. The Devils were hungrier that series. Much can be said when you have 10 holdovers who experienced that. Losing is never an alternative. Throw in the MSL situation and it solidified them.

I don't expect it to be easy. Even up 2-0 on Montreal, I know better. Tokarski was solid in his debut. Even with Lundqvist standing on his head, Tokarski made some big stops giving his team a chance. The long layoff helps the Canadiens. Game 4 isn't till Sunday. Another two day rest. Tonight's game is going for as much as $400. That's crazy. My Dad, brother and his buddy left.

I hate the Rangers with an undying passion. They're the only team I go out of my way to watch just for the sole purpose of laughing when they lose. They could be playing a team of genetically cloned Hitlers and I'd pop on a Swastika jersey and learn to cheer in German before I'd ever root for those sh!theads from New York. As for the Philly/NY debate, I'd rather see Philly win every year for the next decade than for the Rangers to win once.

Thinking of a response but just cant. Next time stick with "I really hate the Rangers"

Edited by devilsrule33

Come on Manta. The Hudson rivalry is one of the best around.

Not sure where this is coming from.

Rags vs Devils is still one of the only games you will hear me yelling at the TV.    I love these games.

Not sure how me cheering against Montreal nullify's the Hudson rivalry.

I really really really hate the Rangers and everything about them. But, unlike most hate people have for various things in life, my hatred for them is completely justifiable and governed by fact. The Rangers truly are, factually so, a pathetic NHL club with even more pathetic fans.

• Like 1

the thing with the rangers rivalry is that its through the players also.. atleast it was the teams have changed a lot and its not as heated as it once was but i feel like when the players and teams in general really hate each other on the ice that absolutely translates up into the stands

Devlman

If the Rags are so pathetic, why do you bother expending any energy on hating them?

1) You don't choose to hate something, you just do. I hate pathetic things that get moreattention and rating than they deserve (see also Justin bieber)

2) Their success negatively affects the club and fans that I love.

Edited by devlman

1) You don't choose to hate something, you just do. I hate pathetic things that get moreattention and rating than they deserve (see also Justin bieber)

2) Their success negatively affects the club and fans that I love.

Whether they win or lose probably won't have much effect on the Devils organization. The Rangers are 2 games from going to the SCF. I think that deserves some attention.

Just because you guys don't like the Rangers there's no reason to take it out on others who don't share the hatred. Not only is that irrational it's borderline immature behavior.

Man you're nuts if you don't think the Rags winning has any effect on the Devils organization. We're competing for the same market share. Our brands are in constant competition for the next generation of fans. The Rags winning a cup is a huge boon to them and a major blow to our bottom line

You know what the Rags and their fans are in the business of? Putting the Devils out of business. They would love nothing more than for the "Debbies" to close up shop and move to Trashville or Quebec as they've cheerleaded this for 2 decades. They also used to go to Isles games when that franchises future was in jeopardy and chant "KANSAS CITY"

They want us gone...but nah why should we hate them?

Edited by '7'

Man you're nuts if you don't think the Rags winning has any effect on the Devils organization. We're competing for the same market share. Our brands are in constant competition for the next generation of fans. The Rags winning a cup is a huge boon to them and a major blow to our bottom line

I would be more inclined to agree with you if it weren't for the fact that the Devils hurt their own bottom line more than the Rangers ever could.

CR1976

Do you actually LIVE in New Jersey?

You make a LOT of unsupported statements regarding NJ Devils fans and NJ hockey fans.

Born and raised.  Lived here all my life, which is quickly coming up on 44 years.  I've been to well over two hundred games since 1983.  Suffice it to say I know a lot of Devils fans. 

Exactly which of my statements do you take issue with?  Feel free to quote them. 

You know what the Rags and their fans are in the business of? Putting the Devils out of business. They would love nothing more than for the "Debbies" to close up shop and move to Trashville or Quebec as they've cheerleaded this for 2 decades. They also used to go to Isles games when that franchises future was in jeopardy and chant "KANSAS CITY"

They want us gone...but nah why should we hate them?

That's a blanket statement if I ever heard one. I remember someone, maybe Tri, posting a couple years ago that some fans have more hatred for the Rags than love for the Devils. It's like almost genetic or something that Jerseyites have this inferiority complex when it comes to New York.

You know what hurts our bottom line? Being a secondary market surrounded by big markets. Trust me, I live in New Mexico. Unless they're really big hockey fans, you're casual fan out here in the sticks is more likely to root for the Kings or Rangers just because they are LA or New York. You can't change that.

Knew Prust would do something

go cheer for him now Rag fans. You loved this sh!t in 2012. LOVED IT

Stepan is now A-OK after faking an injury for 20 seconds laying face down on the ice. Didn't get the call. Better get up and get angry

Edited by '7'