MadDog2020

2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

2,364 posts in this topic

I can't wait to hear carton and then fatcesca later on tomorrow. Those two schmucks couldn't care less about hockey three weeks ago and now they are ducking rags cheerleaders.

Lundqvist has all kinds of time to put his make-up on and paint his nails. No one gets close to him or creates traffic.

They could put a hockey shot trainer and spot Montreal a goal and still win.

I can't wait to hear carton and then fatcesca later on tomorrow. Those two schmucks couldn't care less about hockey three weeks ago and now they are ducking rags cheerleaders.

Then do what I do and don't listen. The only time I listen to NY sports-talk radio when the Rags are in the playoffs is when they lose. There is absolutely no reason to listen when they win. All it is is a bunch of delusional fvcktard Rag fans that are having the fire of their delusion stoked by a bunch of loud-mouth jerk-offs who only benefit from the Rags' success. That combines for ear-splittingly bad/annoying radio. Listen to music and do yourself a favor.

You have to admit though, for a Devils fan, your viewpoint is a bit unusual. I'd say the majority of Devils fans consider the Rangers to be Hated Rival #1. It could be different for Devils fans living in South Jersey, as it would seem more likely they'd hate the Flyers more than the Rangers...they're dealing with Flyer fans more often down there, and depending on what market they're in, they may have access to more Flyer games.

I don't think I'm being even a little illogical here...ask most Devils fans living in Central and North Jersey, and they'll probably tell you:

1) They hate the Rangers as much as they can (the passion of the hatred may vary),

and

2) There probably isn't an opponent the Rangers can play that would lead them to root for the Rangers over that opponent.

I think the most complicated of the #2 scenarios is Flyers vs. Rangers. It's not a question of who do you want to win, it's who do you want to lose more? I think that one varies from fan to fan, and on that one I don't think there can be a right or wrong.

You have to admit though, for a Devils fan, your viewpoint is a bit unusual. I'd say the majority of Devils fans consider the Rangers to be Hated Rival #1. It could be different for Devils fans living in South Jersey, as it would seem more likely they'd hate the Flyers more than the Rangers...they're dealing with Flyer fans more often down there, and depending on what market they're in, they may have access to more Flyer games.

I don't think I'm being even a little illogical here...ask most Devils fans living in Central and North Jersey, and they'll probably tell you:

1) They hate the Rangers as much as they can (the passion of the hatred may vary),

and

2) There probably isn't an opponent the Rangers can play that would lead them to root for the Rangers over that opponent.

I think the most complicated of the #2 scenarios is Flyers vs. Rangers. It's not a question of who do you want to win, it's who do you want to lose more? I think that one varies from fan to fan, and on that one I don't think there can be a right or wrong.

Habs tie it. Now let's see if they can go 17 seconds without the Rags scoring

Just how many assumptions are included here?

My family has lived on Central Jersey since 1760. And I've probably been to 200 Devils games.

As a member of this board from inception, the level of discourse in this thread has reached embarrassing ly low level.

If all you have to bring to the conversation is antipathy to the Rangers you may not be alone, but certainly not adding to anyone's understanding or appreciation of the game of hockey.

Hard to believe the game is tied right now. The Canadiens are very fortunate.

Minor leaguer carrying the team on his back right now, give him some help Habs!  How about a lead?

i skipped a few pgs but going back a few more; run hank like boot him in the mouth

Whether they win or lose probably won't have much effect on the Devils organization.

Carp, if you truly believe this very incorrect statement then you won't ever get the hatred.

All right, c'mon Habs...get Tokarski a win, he's dragged your sorry selves far enough he deserves it.

GOAL HABS!

There's the lead, Montreal, now hold on for 3 more minutes!

Can't believe st louis didn't score there. Wow

Montreal was completely out of gas. Couldn't even clear the puck

man you've got to be a fvcking moron if you didn't see that coming

that goal in a twisted way is essentially the story of the Devils season

Edited by '7'