2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

Has he ever been lights out in a playoff series? I can't recall a time when he's been absolutely dominant in a series.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The best I've seen him is games 1 and 2 vs us in 2008, where the Rags had no business winning either...but other than that he's never really dominated a full series.

what a horrible call on Philly. Nash literally runs and drags down a Flyer D...Flyers get the interference

Adam Hall hacked and slashed as he goes in alone on Lundqvist. No call

Refs have their marching orders

Edited by '7'

This was a tough one for them, up 2-0 they really could've had a stranglehold on the series heading to Philly. Once again got every chance on the powerplay

I like how with 1:20 to go the Rangers just took a too many men penalty, and with the faceoff in the Rangers zone all you saw were fans filing out of the lower deck. I know it was bleak at that point, but it's a one goal PLAYOFF game and there is more than a minute to go. True blue Rangers fans. diehards

• Like 1

I'd rather see Philly win the cup 400 years in a row then the rangers win one. 

ha, I'm with you. My rationale is even though we hate 'em too, if they win it at least they can go celebrate over there in Philadelphia and south Jersey. We won't see it and hear it for the most part. It won't be rubbed in our faces as there aren't that many Flyers fans here. Maybe folks who spend a lot of time at the shore will see some of it but that's all

If the Rags win it. Good lord we will never hear the end of it. I mean you've seen how they've milked 1994.

Edited by '7'
  • Like 2

ha, I'm with you. My rationale is even though we hate 'em too, if they win it at least they can go celebrate over there in Philadelphia and south Jersey. We won't see it and hear it for the most part. It won't be rubbed in our faces as there aren't that many Flyers fans here. Maybe folks who spend a lot of time at the shore will see some of it but that's all

If the Rags win it. Good lord we will never hear the end of it. I mean you've seen how they've milked 1994.

I'm actually from the Shore too. I have a lot of Flyer and Ranger fan friends, and 9 out of 10 Flyers fans seem to understand the game a hell of a lot more than Ranger fans. Rarely do I see someone rooting for the flyers because it's the "cool" thing do to, but people talk up the rangers like they are the second coming.

Also, the whole Flyers fan in South Jersey thing I can understand. If they really are South and the distance to Philly is significantly shorter, I get that. But being a rangers fan over Devils from NJ will always piss me off. The Devils are the closer team regardless of where you are in NJ.

Edited by Devils Pride 26

ha, I'm with you. My rationale is even though we hate 'em too, if they win it at least they can go celebrate over there in Philadelphia and south Jersey. We won't see it and hear it for the most part. It won't be rubbed in our faces as there aren't that many Flyers fans here. Maybe folks who spend a lot of time at the shore will see some of it but that's all

Yeah Philly is the lesser of two evils, no doubt. I still never want to see them win a Cup though. Two hours south or not, I have a bunch of friends who are Phailure fans and I'd never hear the end of it if they won. But the Rags are on a complete other level of hate. If they won another Cup, I'd find a fvcking bridge to jump off of. It would be brutal on every level.
  • Like 1

My wife and I know this couple at the shore who come down from Rockland county (originally from Emerson I think), they usually set up this giant Rags beach umbrella which annoys the hell out of me, but they're nice as hell, early 40's so they sort of have an excuse since the Devils didn't exist when they were young. One thing that heartens me is that they talk about seeing some Devils flags and decals in Rockland, which is nice but not that unsurprising since it borders Bergen.

With what I've seen from Lundqvist...this year and just now in that playoff game (his rebound control is not what it used to be) if they don't get it done now they're not going to get another crack for a while. Because he's declining.

Not Jason Bay on the Mets off a cliff in one season, but he doesn't look like a guy who can carry a team for multiple games in the playoffs anymore. 2-0 Rags after one, Lundqvist has to lock this game down. Philly was absolutely let off the mat today.

Edited by '7'

I just want both teams to beat the absolute crap out of one another. Let it go seven long games. Hell throw some overtimes in there - the more the better. I want Philly to come out of this series, but bruised and battered so badly that they'll just be done next round. Make it so.