Martin Brodeur Final (?) Game Thread

devilsrule33

Yeah, I mean this isn't the full NHL Bruins team, but they're definitely trying.  Although some come easier than others, a win is a win in the NHL and none should be taken for granted.  

I actually think Brodeur will be back next year, and I think it might be with us.  Even if it's not, I actually still think he'll be playing somewhere rather than retired. He said it a few weeks ago that he was 80% sure, and I haven't seen or heard anything that makes me think he's changed that number much, if at all.  I wouldn't mind if he was back with us next year, I just hope he accepts the backup role.  I'm also ready if he hangs them up -- I'll have a lump in my throat at the end of the game but I will just never be able to come to terms with him in another jersey wearing another logo.  

Btw, anyone have a stream for the Devils MSG broadcast?  I have 3 but they're all Bruins/NESN.  Fortunately it's not terrible, but would much rather be listening and watching to the Devils love.

Edited by NJDfan1711

Although they are sitting key players...tell their prospects they are letting the devils win.

They are competing for jobs

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

It was a tongue in cheek comment man.  Relax!

This broadcast is more of a Chico lovefest than Marty

As it should be.  Well we know for sure this is Chico's last game.

Regarding Brodeur, we only know for a fact Marty will play next year even though it won't be with the Devils.  He'll get his day eventually.

Did anyone see the diving play that Greene made on Soderberg?? Soderberg started to beat him with speed on the outside and he made this beautiful diving poke-check.  He also nailed Campbell behind boards with a big hit in the 2nd.  I'm loving me some Andy Greene right now.  He's been playing like this team's captain.  He's been an all-around guy. 

Did anyone see the diving play that Greene made on Soderberg?? Soderberg started to beat him with speed on the outside and he made this beautiful diving poke-check.  He also nailed Campbell behind boards with a big hit in the 2nd.  I'm loving me some Andy Greene right now.  He's been playing like this team's captain.  He's been an all-around guy. 

Pretty sure that was Larsson. 

I really wish they would have shut the stupid fvcking arena music off for that moment.

Yeesh, from Ryder's penalty, the arenas music and Deb not getting a cue to step aside and let the crowd salute Brodeur...

Either way, a nice final 5 minutes, and good job by the players to give Brodeur his moment.