2015 New York Jets thread

NJDevs4978

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/37460/another-corner-not-out-of-the-question

..alot of whispers suggesting the Jets are going to go defense AGAIN in the first round.

If this indeed transpires.. playoffs or not, Rex isn't going anywhere until 2016. (earliest) It would be the 6th straight defensive player selected in the 1st round, and would really prove that Ryan still has a firm grasp on the personnel determined on this team. Questions will be answered next week. #StayTuned. :thumbsup:

Edited by Beezer34

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/37460/another-corner-not-out-of-the-question

..alot of whispers suggesting the Jets are going to go defense AGAIN in the first round.

If this indeed transpires.. playoffs or not, Rex isn't going anywhere until 2016. (earliest) It would be the 6th straight defensive player selected in the 1st round, and would really prove that Ryan still has a firm grasp on the personnel determined on this team. Questions will be answered next week. #StayTuned. :thumbsup:

ha, that would be nuts, but I think this draft is just too deep at WR (and a need still exists there for us) for the Jets to go CB

Unless of course they use some of their lower pics to get two first rounders, and grab a CB and WR...but I still kind of just want an offensive bounty in 2014. 

WR at 1

TE at 2

then Rex and Idzik can go play around with whatever they want in rounds 3 and beyond.

We have 3 4th rounders. You can stock up on a CB, Safety, and maybe even a tackle there.

I could see the Jets finally attempting to land that edge rusher in round 3.

Edited by '7'

The thing that scares me as a Fins fan is a possible move up for Sammy Watkins. Don't need that dude in the division.

It would take too many picks to do it. Idzik is too slow and methodical. 

I could see the Jets trading to get a second first round pick...but they're not going all the way up to Watkins when they can just stay put and grab Beckham, Lee, Cooks, or Benjamin.

If Ebron falls out of the top 10 they might go out and get him...or maybe Evans. But Watkins is top 5 and they're not going there

Edited by '7'

Watkins will be done around 10 from what I hear. Lee is and will fall, over rated and a bit if OBJ but again its so deep. I'd take Evans at ten. There is a couple of WR's that can get taken in the late first and second that have the potential to be better then Watkins, don't move up for him.

All I know is that we have an additional four comp picks this year, including one in the third round (the highest possible), two in the fourth round and one in the fifth.  So, I have confidence that Ozzie is going to build for the next few years.  I believe the Jets have 4 comp picks too.

Baltimore has been awarded 41 comp picks since 1996, most in the NFL, and they have used them to draft several standouts.

If Rex still had personnel power they wouldn't have signed all offensive guys while nickel and diming every name corner out there. And honestly the GM should be running personnel anyway. If Rex wants to give input on defensive players fine but that should be the extent of it.

Edited by NJDevs4978

All I know is that we have an additional four comp picks this year, including one in the third round (the highest possible), two in the fourth round and one in the fifth.  So, I have confidence that Ozzie is going to build for the next few years.  I believe the Jets have 4 comp picks too.

Baltimore has been awarded 41 comp picks since 1996, most in the NFL, and they have used them to draft several standouts.

caveat is that neither us or the Ravens are allowed to trade any of our comp picks, so you're forced to put your nose to the grind and find a player their. Newsome  has the track record, jury's still out on Idzik.

Edited by '7'

If Rex still had personnel power they wouldn't have signed all offensive guys while nickel and diming every name corner out there. And honestly the GM should be running personnel anyway. If Rex wants to give input on defensive players fine but that should be the extent of it.

I wonder about last year though. Sheldon Richardson has Rex peeling paint off the walls in the Jets war room "GET ME THIS F&^(^ GUY" written all over him.

and you know what...he was right.

Here's my Jets full 2014 mock.through round 4. 

Rd1. Odell Beckham WR LSU

Rd2. Marcus Roberson CB Florida (Amaro will be on the board, the crowd will be chanting for him....Jets will take a corner.  

Rd3. Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE Washington (may not be on the board...if he's not the Jets will go for someone like George Uko (DT) or Tre Boston (S). Likely Boston but I want Jenkins.

Rd4 Chris Watt G Notre Dame (shores up our guards a bit. Not so sold on Winters or Campbell yet)

Rd4 Brent Urban DT/DE Virginia (versatile player, this will be a Rex call) versatility would make it hard for us to pass up on him

Rd4 Jordan Tripp OLB Montana

Rd4 Jeff Janis WR Sag Valley State (Project receiver...Stephen Hill could be out that door.) This guy is rough around the edges but has raw skills.

Edited by '7'

I can vividly remember the days of the Jets sponging off of the Pats leftovers in the late 90's, early 00's. The days of: Dave Meggett, Terrell Buckley, Ty Law, etc..

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/461517870485106688

Chris Baker, Shaun Ellis, Danny Woodhead, James Ihedigbo, Darrelle Revis, Tim Tebow, Dustin Keller.. (since only 2010 mind you!)

..aren't they cute! :wub:  :wub: Keep sucking on the tailpipe of démodé ingredients from yester-year fella's. --next up: Bart Scott.

10 years.. and counting. :thumbsup:

NewEngland_logo_0.jpg

Edited by Beezer34

Cmon Beez,

If the Patriots had completely fallen off a cliff or had become a .500ish up-and-down team since last winning a Super Bowl, I could understand you goofing on them.

Patriots in the nine years since their last Super Bowl victory:  110-34, 9-8 in the playoffs, 8 playoff appearances, 2-3 in AFC Championship games, 2 Super Bowl appearances

Jets in that same time frame:  69-75, 4-3 in playoffs, 0-2 in AFC Championship games, 0 Super Bowl appearances

Jets are 5-14 against the Pats in that time.

The Jets have may won a game here and there against the Pats, including a big Divisional Playoff game up in NE that was probably the biggest win of the last decade for the Jets, but it's not like they've have had a whole lot of success at the Pats' expense in the last nine seasons.  Bringing up Spygate yet again doesn't change any of that, or minimize it. 

And at least admit you wouldn't be saying a peep about Spygate if it had been the Jets involved.  And that Super Bowl victory or no Super Bowl victory, you would kill to see the Jets do what the Pats have done in the past nine years.  Hell, even the Pats' two Super Bowl appearances alone are more than 12 current NFL teams for their entire histories. 

It's obnoxious CR, anyway you slice it.

..they caught lightning in a bottle with Woodhead 5 years ago, and have desperately been trying to find the next player that'll tweak the Jets since. There's 11 other TE's on the market, all of whom are UFA's, that are either the same as Keller skill-wise, or better.

5 TD's in 16 games in 2011..

2 TD's in 8 games in 2012..

0 TD's in 0 games in 2013..

..old man Kellen Winslow has more TD's since 2008 (playing for 4 different teams) than DK has, with just the Jets alone.

Keller turns 30 years old in four months, off seasons where he played through a pulled groin & shoulder injury in 2011.. missed half the season due to a fractured ankle in 2012.. and the entire 2013 season tearing his PCL, MCL, & ACL in his knee. I think it's a safe bet to assume his best years are behind him.

..but again, I won't be shocked when Santonio Holmes gets camp invite either. But don't lie and say you don't blush with each one of these antics. ;)

Edited by Beezer34

If they're making moves specifically to tweak the Jets, it doesn't make much sense on their part.  (I don't see that as the motivation...what would be the point?)

We signed a lot of Patriots in those days for obvious reasons, because Parcells came from New England.  That shuttle went the other way when Billy B went there and they brought in the Cox's, Otis Smiths, even Jermaine Wiggins lol (who did have a forgotten career night in the Tuck Rule game).

I wouldn't exactly put it past Bill to be vindictive, but they could actually use Keller as a cheap #2 TE.  It's not like they didn't try that move before (get a guy who was hurt the previous year) with Jake Ballard.  If anyone was vindictive with the Revis signing it was Revis himself, he was practically begging to go there.  I don't know what the heck they were thinking with Tebow but they didn't keep him anyway so it's not like he was on their roster during the season.

Edited by NJDevs4978