Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bartholomew Hunt

isles trade for halaks rights

15 posts in this topic

How so cheap? only a 4th? This guy is a stud!

How so cheap? only a 4th? This guy is a stud!

It is only for his negotiating rights until July 1st, he is not signed for next year.

Let's see how long until Garth screws these negotiations up

He just loves trading for pending UFA's. If Halak signs it's a win for him and the franchise but if he doesn't it's just another mistake on his resume.

It is only for his negotiating rights until July 1st, he is not signed for next year.

ah ok makes sense..thanks

I think he signs to the Islanders. I can't imagine him enjoying the kind of instability he's had to deal with the past few years. If I'm him, I throw the usual predetermination of the Isles out the window, take advantage of a team that wants to give you the big paycheck, and stay with the team. They have great offensive depth and the move to Brooklyn soon is a selling point.

Let's see how long until Garth screws these negotiations up

Halak should hold out and play the market, playing in front of such poor team with some much instability is a turnoff.

Snow HAS to sign him, so he should hold out for as much money as he can, because this franchise is a career killer.

Yeah? Well he's in Europe so it doesn't really matter, and most backups beat us this year sadly.

He beat us twice

This is what the Islanders have to do to get players. They do whatever they can to get the player to Long Island and see if they can convince him to stay. Worked with Nabakov (eventually) and failed with Vanek, et al.

This is what the Islanders have to do to get players. They do whatever they can to get the player to Long Island and see if they can convince him to stay. Worked with Nabakov (eventually) and failed with Vanek, et al.

But then you find diamonds in the rough (Parenteau, Molson, McDonald, etc) and instead of rewarding to build around Taveras, you lose them for nothing.  Snow is a terrible GM for a terrible franchise.