This off seasons UFA's and realistic possible trades

2ELIAS6

Seriously? They gave up two solid players to get Neal, who will be Malkin-less now. Mike Fisher might miss a ton of time. Who knows what you can expect from Ribeiro. Derek Roy is pretty nice low cost addition, but that was a player they needed with the uncertainty of Fisher. He's not going to be able to replace him.

Neal was a pretty good goal scorer before he was traded to Pittsburgh. He will likely see a drop in his production, but it might not be that much. Otherwise, I agree with what you said here.

Neal is still a really good player without Malkin.  Spaling is not 'solid'.  I mean I don't think Nashville makes the playoffs, but I think they've made a lot of good low-risk moves this off-season.

Kunitz and Neal could never get real credits cause they always got the "well they play with malkin/crosby" but if you look at those guys play. They scored a lot of their goals by themselves , they both are snipers who can scored from anywhere.

Kunitz and Neal could never get real credits cause they always got the "well they play with malkin/crosby" but if you look at those guys play. They scored a lot of their goals by themselves , they both are snipers who can scored from anywhere.

Kunitz was a PPG player with Anaheim several seasons in a row so that's selling him a bit short. I think most people just assumed he was over the hill, but nothing can invigorate a career like playing with mr Crosby. 

Kunitz was a PPG player with Anaheim several seasons in a row so that's selling him a bit short. I think most people just assumed he was over the hill, but nothing can invigorate a career like playing with mr Crosby. 

And oh the heavy lifting he had do, playing with those bums Corey Perry and Ryan Getzlaf. 

There were some nice moves. I just don't think enough was done for them to take the next step in the West. There are very few 40-goal scorers in the NHL. Don't expect Neal to ever reach 40 again. You never know, but not sure they got that much better. 

Tri, I definitely categorized two different guys together which was silly. 

Dont forget they will have back arguably the best goalie in the world.

• Like 1

Getting bored. Cmon Lou, let's move a player or two. We know it's gonna happen sooner or later with the amount of bodies.

im hoping we see something I still want to have ryan carter back.. priorities are a little screwed up..we sign the biggest bum around steve bernier and then we sign gionta before him ..unless hes asking for just much too much money it doesnt make sense

im hoping we see something I still want to have ryan carter back.. priorities are a little screwed up..we sign the biggest bum around steve bernier and then we sign gionta before him ..unless hes asking for just much too much money it doesnt make sense

I don't think it was necessarily OUR priorities.  I think it was more along the lines of we offered all three of them contracts, I'm guessing that Bernier and Gionta just accepted the offers right away because they didn't have much interest around the league.  I think Carter may have gotten an offer or two from other teams that was better than New Jerseys and Carter has remained in contact with Lou under the assumption that Lou is trying to move someone to make space or at least would like to because that's how much he'd like Carter back.  He also could have asked for a little bit more money.  Simple as that.

What other explanation for Carter not going elsewhere is there?  I don't think he wants to be somewhere else, even if it's for more money.  Carter is quickly turning into a Jay Pandolfo like character for me.  Really like those 4th line player aspects he brings to the table.  He can be that number 5 PK forward as well.

I'm with everybody else that he should have been the first of CBGB to come back.  He's one of those guys that really turns up his play when it starts to hit the end of the season.

Nobody is making a case that Rinne is the best goalie in the NHL other than a delusional Predators fan. He had two very nice seasons (one was outstanding). The last two years have been shaky at best.

Oh, I don't know.  I'm sure we can agree he's a top 10 at the least.  A goalie is sometimes only as good as the team in front of him. 

Nobody is making a case that Rinne is the best goalie in the NHL other than a delusional Predators fan. He had two very nice seasons (one was outstanding). The last two years have been shaky at best.

Not as if he's been injured and played in front of a bad team or anything. The guy is fvcking excellent top 2 fav goalie to watch in the league, he's huge but athletic

• Like 1

Getting really bored; this board is dead right now. You guys think LL is going to make a move soon or does he wait until training camp to see who looks good and who doesn't? Going by what we've seen in the past, my guess is we just flip flopped our logjam on D for one on offense and that LL won't move anyone until he sees value out there in doing so as was the case with our D. If that means exposing someone like Gio, Bernier or JJ to waivers, oh well, no big loss there.

Getting really bored; this board is dead right now. You guys think LL is going to make a move soon or does he wait until training camp to see who looks good and who doesn't? Going by what we've seen in the past, my guess is we just flip flopped our logjam on D for one on offense and that LL won't move anyone until he sees value out there in doing so as was the case with our D. If that means exposing someone like Gio, Bernier or JJ to waivers, oh well, no big loss there.

the difference is we're not exactly busting at the seams with highly thought of forward prospects who can't get playing time. I guess Matteau and Boucher are nice but I don't expect either of them to legitimately push for a top 9 spot out if camp.

We also know there will be injuries, last year we had guys like tedenby, Janssen and sestito plugging holes in the lineup. I'm not anxious to ship out the likes of Ryder and Brunner to go back to that.

But to your question - you just never know what Lou will do. I can say I think he'll wait to see what happens in camp but then he'll turn around and make a move tomorrow.

the difference is we're not exactly busting at the seams with highly thought of forward prospects who can't get playing time. I guess Matteau and Boucher are nice but I don't expect either of them to legitimately push for a top 9 spot out if camp.

We also know there will be injuries, last year we had guys like tedenby, Janssen and sestito plugging holes in the lineup. I'm not anxious to ship out the likes of Ryder and Brunner to go back to that.

But to your question - you just never know what Lou will do. I can say I think he'll wait to see what happens in camp but then he'll turn around and make a move tomorrow.

I wouldn't dump both Ryder and Brunner, just one of the two, preferably Ryder since Brunner can actually skate.

If more than one guy is on the move, I'd think it'd be in a package deal so we could unload Zubrus since Ruutu is playing the same role and is better at it.

That being said,I don't think we move more than one forward out since Clowe is a major ? healthwise and Havlat is injury prone as well. If we moved a couple guys then saw both Clowe and Havlat go down, all of a sudden our depth isn't there anymore.