Confronting the Nightmare - UPDATE: NIGHTMARE OVER, KINGS WIN!&#33

Neb00rs

It could happen....it's time to brace for impact.

:puke:  :puke:  :puke:  :puke:  :puke:

I don't even want to say it, but I have held out as long as possible: The Rangers are 6 games away. We need a thread on this, so that we may go down this dark path with a support system.

There's a fine line people, there's a fine line:

gallery_2551_175_16321.png

Edited by Neb00rs

If they win I'm moving to Central America and becoming a coffee farmer until October.

Yeah....right....coffee;)  Next I will be reading about you in the paper with the nickname "El Perro Loco"

If their fans are still brining up 94 any chance they can get and thats 20 years ago I think you would probably need to stay longer than until October.

It's creeping, but I'll say it again. I'm not going to lose my mind and panic until the Rags are actually IN the finals and IF they get their and take a 1-0 series lead....I'll panic. We're not at that point yet.

And if they get to the finals it won't exactly be the 1993 Senators waiting for them either.

I think the Rags are peaking now, and due for a crash.

This is not the 1994 Rangers. That was as close to a juggernaut as any Rangers team. That team went 8-1 and plowed through the first two rounds before coming back to earth a bit. They still needed a string of miracles to win the damn thing.

If anything this Ranger team is reminding me of the 2006 Mets a bit

Edited by '7'

It could happen....it's time to brace for impact.

:puke:  :puke:  :puke:  :puke:  :puke:

I don't even want to say it, but I have held out as long as possible: The Rangers are 6 games away. We need a thread on this, so that we may go down this dark path with a support system.

There's a fine line people, there's a fine line:

gallery_2551_175_16321.png

Once you start down this dark path, this is no turning back.  It's an extremely scary thought. 

I'd be cool with the Rangers beating the Kings.  It would serve Hamden right. (my home town if you haven't read the background)

If the Kings win jackass (Jon Quick) better bring the cup to his home town (Hamden) the second chance he's been given.

If the Hawks win - blah, so what.

If that habs win -- cute -- but at the end of the day, so what.

I'm apathetic unless it's the Devils.  It's the only way to appropriately show my love for the team.  Hate is too strong. 

• Like 1

It's creeping, but I'll say it again. I'm not going to lose my mind and panic until the Rags are actually IN the finals and IF they get their and take a 1-0 series lead....I'll panic. We're not at that point yet.

And if they get to the finals it won't exactly be the 1993 Senators waiting for them either.

I think the Rags are peaking now, and due for a crash.

This is not the 1994 Rangers. That was as close to a juggernaut as any Rangers team. That team went 8-1 and plowed through the first two rounds before coming back to earth a bit. They still needed a string of miracles to win the damn thing.

If anything this Ranger team is reminding me of the 2006 Mets a bit

Supposedly, Messier really implored upon his '94 teammates how important it was to get the early series done as quickly as possible...said that the Devils taking them to seven games in the first round in 1992 screwed them up.

Hate to say it, but it looks like the Rangers are getting hot at just the right time.  The Giants have done that a couple of times.  When the Penguins won their two Cups in '91 and '92, they finished the regular season with only 88 and 87 points. 

Sadly, I'm preparing myself for those fvckers winning the whole damned thing.  :puke:  :puke: double :puke:

Yeah....right....coffee;) Next I will be reading about you in the paper with the nickname "El Perro Loco"

If their fans are still brining up 94 any chance they can get and thats 20 years ago I think you would probably need to stay longer than until October.

Just call me El Maddo Doggo. :P

Supposedly, Messier really implored upon his '94 teammates how important it was to get the early series done as quickly as possible...said that the Devils taking them to seven games in the first round in 1992 screwed them up.

Hate to say it, but it looks like the Rangers are getting hot at just the right time. The Giants have done that a couple of times. When the Penguins won their two Cups in '91 and '92, they finished the regular season with only 88 and 87 points.

Sadly, I'm preparing myself for those fvckers winning the whole damned thing. :puke::puke: double :puke:

On the upside, the first actually good hockey team they'll play will be in the Final. Philly is trash, Pittsburgh is soft and mentally weak with lousy goaltending, and the Habs are also a soft, mentally fragile bunch of pansies with AHL-level goaltending thanks to Blades Kreider. This hasn't exactly been a tough road they've had to travel here, let's be honest. They were gifted a spot in the Final halfway through game 1. And after the way their fans 'respected' the Devils through our glory years- I 'aint giving that franchise or their fans sh!t for respect or credit. They can eat a dick. They're lucky, soft, and primed to get their fvcking asses kicked in the Finals. Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 3

Hate to say it, but it looks like the Rangers are getting hot at just the right time.  The Giants have done that a couple of times.  When the Penguins won their two Cups in '91 and '92, they finished the regular season with only 88 and 87 points. 

Sadly, I'm preparing myself for those fvckers winning the whole damned thing.  :puke:  :puke: double :puke:

well football only takes 1 game while hockey is series upon series of slogs. So in hockey you have plenty of Giants like teams they just don't finish the job (91 north stars, 94 canucks, 96 panthers)

I think a better football analogy would be that the WCF this year are the true cup finals. Much like Seattle/San Fran was the true super bowl. That doesn't make NYR the Broncos either, because they're not that good.

They are hot right now, but that may taper off once the finals hit. 

Edited by '7'

This is all my fault, I vehemently insisted that the last 3 superbowl champions wouldn't win the superbowl (in the begining of the year) and they all won. Earlier this year I insisted that the rangers had no fvcking shot at winning it all, and here we are.

It makes me sick to my fvcking stomach.

I'm going through the stages of grief already. Frighteningly, I think I've reached acceptance.

This is nuts. Can they at least GET TO THE FINALS before we start crowning them.

Can they at least get to the Finals and take a lead in the finals before we panic.

I know it seems unpleasant now but the nightmare scenario is still weeks away. Weeks. If it ever transpires at all.

This is nuts. Can they at least GET TO THE FINALS before we start crowning them.

Can they at least get to the Finals and take a lead in the finals before we panic.

I know it seems unpleasant now but the nightmare scenario is still weeks away. Weeks. If it ever transpires at all.

You're right. Still a long way to go yet. I think with the way this season has gone, we are all preparing for the worst.

Its the Price injury. The Habs would have a fighting chance in this series with Price. Without him, they stand no chance, especially with the Queen playing at a high level and no one on the Habs seeming inclined to make life around his crease a little tougher. The Habs are a corpse without Price.

You're right. Still a long way to go yet. I think with the way this season has gone, we are all preparing for the worst.

That's another thing. NOTHING has gone our way this year (sans them giving us the 30th pick). Its been Murphy's Law for the Devils this season, so the Rags making a deep run just makes it worse.

Eh you know they're going to win it.  

With everything else going wrong this season that could (I mean literally.  I can't think of a positive to take away from this season) the hockey gods might as well cap it off with a Rangers cup victory.

• Like 1

Tell me about it.  My brother was talking with a friend of his who's a Ranger fan who said winning the Cup this year would be an even bigger accomplishment than '94.  So get ready for the preparations for the number retirements for Kreider, Zuccarrello, St. Louis, McDonough and Kevin Klein. 

Tell me about it.  My brother was talking with a friend of his who's a Ranger fan who said winning the Cup this year would be an even bigger accomplishment than '94.  So get ready for the preparations for the number retirements for Kreider, Zuccarrello, St. Louis, McDonough and Kevin Klein. 

Which one will involve the most tears you think?

Eh, the Western Conference is so much stronger - the Rangers would be a significant dog in the Cup Finals.  Montreal has to pull out a game or two here to keep the Rangers from being able to rest while the West beats up on one another though.  Still, obviously the Rangers have more Cup equity than any other team right now - we'll see how that goes.  Sure looked like the Flyers could pull it off in 2010 but Chicago kept them out.

Eh, the Western Conference is so much stronger - the Rangers would be a significant dog in the Cup Finals.  Montreal has to pull out a game or two here to keep the Rangers from being able to rest while the West beats up on one another though.  Still, obviously the Rangers have more Cup equity than any other team right now - we'll see how that goes.  Sure looked like the Flyers could pull it off in 2010 but Chicago kept them out.

Yea Flyers are a good comparison, and they got there with stinking Leighton/Boucher or whatever trash they had in net. Beat Boston after being down 3-0 on top of it all.

Montreal has pride and enough talent, and Lundqvist will have his off game or two to make this a longer. If the Rags go into the Finals having already played 19-20 playoff games it's going to be very tough to win.