Confronting the Nightmare - UPDATE: NIGHTMARE OVER, KINGS WIN!&#33

Neb00rs

Did anyone in the NY metro/ happen to leave NBC/4 on after the game? I did by chance and they did a little mini-story on the Bryant Park viewing party. So, who is there one and only interviewee? A 20 year old from New Jersey....

"I'm from New Jersey, I was born in 1994, so I missed the last one and I've been waiting for a moment like this my whole life. What better way to watch it than in the greatest city in the world!"

Did anyone in the NY metro/ happen to leave NBC/4 on after the game? I did by chance and they did a little mini-story on the Bryant Park viewing party. So, who is there one and only interviewee? A 20 year old from New Jersey....

"I'm from New Jersey, I was born in 1994, so I missed the last one and I've been waiting for a moment like this my whole life. What better way to watch it than in the greatest city in the world!"

Move there and get the fvck out of my state then, dipsh!t.

He can rent a 200 sq ft apartment studio apartment with 3-4 other guys and he might be able to afford it for a few months.

And they can all continue to not be able to afford to go to MSG, together. It'll be awesome.

Edited by DJ Eco

I was thinking about this today, what if the rags buy out Richards and use that money to sign Stastny.  That right there scares the hell out of me

They WOULD do that, wouldn't they?.... And knowing them, he'd be awful on their team too.

Listen, I hate the Rangers and their fans as much as the next guy.  Especially those who live in and trash NJ.

But it's not exactly a secret that the Rangers probably have a lot more fans, especially in Northern NJ.  These businesses are just trying to capitalize on the hype that the Rangers are generating.  I can't exactly blame them (although I certainly wouldn't give any my business).

Would I have liked to see this much hype when the Devils were in the show?  Of course.. but unfortunately the Devils aren't at that level (PR-wise).  Thankfully Lou is no longer in charge of marketing the team, maybe we'll see a reverse in this trend in the coming years.

The Rags do have fans in NJ, but they don't have a lot more fans than the Devils do in NJ. It's not 1982. The Devils fans probably outnumber Rag fans like 70%-30% in northern NJ. It just seems like more now because EVERY ONE OF THEM is out in force.

Don't short change the Devils fans, they're out there but a little under ground as of now

I'm not underground at all right now. Central Jersey, but I have the flag flying, the hats and shirts on everywhere I go now.......f*ck the Rags and their fans. I'm 48 years old and I've hated them since 1979. It's a Leeds Family tradition.

• Like 1

The Rags do have fans in NJ, but they don't have a lot more fans than the Devils do in NJ. It's not 1982. The Devils fans probably outnumber Rag fans like 70%-30% in northern NJ. It just seems like more now because EVERY ONE OF THEM is out in force.

Don't short change the Devils fans, they're out there but a little under ground as of now

The Yankee Stadium game was the best indication of that. I still to this day think we made up maybe 55% of the attendance. I went in there expecting it to be 75/25 Rangers, but was pleasantly surprised.

Listen, I hate the Rangers and their fans as much as the next guy.  Especially those who live in and trash NJ.

But it's not exactly a secret that the Rangers probably have a lot more fans, especially in Northern NJ.  These businesses are just trying to capitalize on the hype that the Rangers are generating.  I can't exactly blame them (although I certainly wouldn't give any my business).

Would I have liked to see this much hype when the Devils were in the show?  Of course.. but unfortunately the Devils aren't at that level (PR-wise).  Thankfully Lou is no longer in charge of marketing the team, maybe we'll see a reverse in this trend in the coming years.

I don't believe for a second that there are more Rangers fans than Devils fans in North Jersey any more. Sure, there are still a whole lot of NYR fans in the area, but there also are scores of Devils fans too. I see NJD shirts, hats, bumper stickers every day.

The biggest problem for the Devs is that the majority of media outlets being fed to North Jersey is coming from New York. And they are all talking about the Rangers right now. So these Jersey stores promoting the Rags most likely are reacting to the N.Y. media hype.

I'm not underground at all right now. Central Jersey, but I have the flag flying, the hats and shirts on everywhere I go now.......f*ck the Rags and their fans. I'm 48 years old and I've hated them since 1979. It's a Leeds Family tradition.

+1

I'm wearing something Devils-related now, too, everywhere I go, at least till the Finals are over.

This attitude annoys me. Some of us live in NY and have been cheering for the Devils our whole lives =/

What does that have to do with this idiot living in NJ? I'm pretty sure you know my attitude is if you're a Devils fan, I'd rather have you living in NJ instead of fvckbags like Robbie the Rag Douche.

Had he followed his local team, he would have 2 cups under his belt already, at a appreciable age. His loss.

funny thing is he probably did follow his home town team until they werent as exciting a team to watch.. the bandwagon has been strong for months now. ... although iam from New York rockland county not the city and i have only ever been a devils fan... i went to my first game when i was maybe 5 or so and that was it for me i loved it ever since .. my dad lives in NJ and he use to get free tickets from his job and they were always awesome seats as a little boy i just loved the fast paced action i remember how bright it was in the arena etc. etc. ... does that make me a shmuck for being a New York resident my whole life but being a die hard devils fan?..

The Yankee Stadium game was the best indication of that. I still to this day think we made up maybe 55% of the attendance. I went in there expecting it to be 75/25 Rangers, but was pleasantly surprised.

To be fair, the Rangers did have a second game at the stadium like a week later. I would guess most Rag fans only went to one.

If the Kings dont wake up in this series, get ready to hear all the Rangers meat heads next year at the Rock, "Rain-jiz are duh fukin best team in the league and will make a dynasty. One Cup ain't enough for duh King. Duh Devils are goin nowherez."

Edited by slasher72

return to Defcon 1, Disater averted!

Not yet. Not until or unless LA wins the 4th game.

I wouldn't jump the gun and say that yet. I won't be satisfied until the Kings are skating around the ice holding the Stanley Cup above their heads.

This. Edited by MadDog2020

Continuing the WarGames theme:

Glen Sather, after last season:  Mr. Tortorella, after very careful consideration, sir, I have come to the conclusion that your new defense system sucks.

Torts:  I don't have to take that, you pig-eyed sack of sh!t.

Sather:  I was hoping for something a little better than that from a man of your education.  And step into my office...cause you're fvckin' fired!  (OK, that last bit isn't from WarGames)

The press:  Do you think the way to get to Quick is to start running him, try to bump him?

Vigneault:  Hell, I'd piss on a spark plug if I thought it'd do any good.

• Like 1