Confronting the Nightmare - UPDATE: NIGHTMARE OVER, KINGS WIN!&#33

Neb00rs

If the Rags werent in it, those papers would have PLENTY of stories to talk about concerning the Yankees. They always find a way to 'make' a story when there is none.

Can't really argue that, but unless it's something scandalous (think all things A-Rod) or someone is either performing at an extremely high or extremely low level, it's hard for even the local papers to go too crazy about anything Yankee-related right now, this early in the season. If the Yankees were 7 or 8 games out with their 23-21 record, there would be more back-page fodder for sure, but with them only being a 1/2-game out, there's no reason for anyone to write "The sky is falling" articles just yet.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Can't really argue that, but unless it's something scandalous (think all things A-Rod) or someone is either performing at an extremely high or extremely low level, it's hard for even the local papers to go too crazy about anything Yankee-related right now, this early in the season. If the Yankees were 7 or 8 games out with their 23-21 record, there would be more back-page fodder for sure, but with them only being a 1/2-game out, there's no reason for anyone to write "The sky is falling" articles just yet.

What a joke the NY tabloids today practically begging people to join the Rangers bandwagon and make MSG loud. Two papers filled with sportswriters who know nothing about hockey begging locals to care. Pathetic. Give me a packed Rock over that corporate meeting facility any day for pure atmosphere.

Oh, and not one mention in any of their sh!t articles about how dead the dump has been all playoffs.

Edited by devlman

What a joke the NY tabloids today practically begging people to join the Rangers bandwagon and make MSG loud. Two papers filled with sportswriters who know nothing about hockey begging locals to care. Pathetic. Give me a packed Rock over that corporate meeting facility any day for pure atmosphere.

Oh, and not one mention in any of their sh!t articles about how dead the dump has been all playoffs.

World's most famous arena brah. Bright lights brah. Broadway brah. http://rs67.pbsrc.com/albums/h305/erh31679/Mobile%20Uploads/toilet-2_zpsae64089b.jpg~320x480 Edited by MadDog2020

Eh you know they're going to win it.  

With everything else going wrong this season that could (I mean literally.  I can't think of a positive to take away from this season) the hockey gods might as well cap it off with a Rangers cup victory.

This is dark, dark stuff

For whatever reason, this reminds me of an interview with Dennis Leary back in '94, I believe on Nightline. At that time, he was just getting big, and he was doing commercials for the NHL on espn. Basically, he's asked that isn't he thrilled that the Rangers won the Cup, to which he responds that he's a Bruins fan and hopes it takes another 50 years for Rags to win another.

Basically, you have the everyday media also believing that the Rangers are the end all be all and assuming that everyone is rooting for the Rangers, a one percent kind of organization if there ever was one. We will never hear the end of this.

My only hope is that Bill DeBlasio whips out some of his class warfare rhetoric and says that the city should not be paying for a parade that will be attended by rich hockey fans. Bill if you're reading this, I will give a nice donation to your campaign and stop complaining about my taxes if you do this.

For whatever reason, this reminds me of an interview with Dennis Leary back in '94, I believe on Nightline. At that time, he was just getting big, and he was doing commercials for the NHL on espn. Basically, he's asked that isn't he thrilled that the Rangers won the Cup, to which he responds that he's a Bruins fan and hopes it takes another 50 years for Rags to win another.

Basically, you have the everyday media also believing that the Rangers are the end all be all and assuming that everyone is rooting for the Rangers, a one percent kind of organization if there ever was one. We will never hear the end of this.

My only hope is that Bill DeBlasio whips out some of his class warfare rhetoric and says that the city should not be paying for a parade that will be attended by rich hockey fans. Bill if you're reading this, I will give a nice donation to your campaign and stop complaining about my taxes if you do this.

I'll eventually figure out how to quote posts. I am waiting for DeBlasio to eliminate the property tax exemption for MSG. It's cost the city $350 million so far.

Click the quote tab at the bottom right, type your message and then click on the post tab, also at the bottom right

I'll eventually figure out how to quote posts. I am waiting for DeBlasio to eliminate the property tax exemption for MSG. It's cost the city $350 million so far.

Hey, don't knock the property tax exemption too hard, it played a pivotal role in the birth of the New Jersey Devils. Had it not been passed, MSG management probably makes good on its threat and moves to the newly built Brendan Byrne Arena, and there's no way in hell they were going to change the name of the team to the New Jersey Rangers. 

Hey, don't knock the property tax exemption too hard, it played a pivotal role in the birth of the New Jersey Devils. Had it not been passed, MSG management probably makes good on its threat and moves to the newly built Brendan Byrne Arena, and there's no way in hell they were going to change the name of the team to the New Jersey Rangers.

Yeah 'New Jersey Rangers' just doesn't have the same ring to it lol.

I'd be cool with the Rangers beating the Kings.  It would serve Hamden right. (my home town if you haven't read the background)

are you joking? the team the Devils lost the cup to? and the Rangers beat them?  They still talk about 94 like it was last year, like they have some sort of dynasty.  We wont hear the end of it

• Like 1

Barring some miracle it looks like an LA/Rangers final. :doh1: just what we need. LA wins, their bandwagon army of "fans" gets bigger, but if the Rangers win, ugh! Their fans will have a field day and immediately think they're better for winning 1 cup since 94 while we won 3, simply because they got in the playoffs and we didn't. And they'll lord it over us for the next year.

I really can't believe they're having any success these playoffs with the players they have and the system they play...maybe this is just Bizarro World or something

I was at grasshopper off the green in Morristown last night and watched the 3rd period and OT there. Place had a number of Rags fans watching the game, and a live Irish band playing. After the Rags won in OT, this slob Rags fan goes up to the lead singer of the band and asks him to play a "rangers song." The singer tells him that he doesn't know one, and hates the Rags. He also told the little puke that this is NJ, and offered to play Hells Bells. When the guy looked at him all puzzled, he says "let's go devils" in a thick Irish accent.

I bought the singer a pint cause that little exchange totally made my night.

• Like 1

I was at grasshopper off the green in Morristown last night and watched the 3rd period and OT there. Place had a number of Rags fans watching the game, and a live Irish band playing. After the Rags won in OT, this slob Rags fan goes up to the lead singer of the band and asks him to play a "rangers song." The singer tells him that he doesn't know one, and hates the Rags. He also told the little puke that this is NJ, and offered to play Hells Bells. When the guy looked at him all puzzled, he says "let's go devils" in a thick Irish accent.

I bought the singer a pint cause that little exchange totally made my night.

God bless that man. I would've bought him one too if I was there. Morristown is Devils Country Rag bitch. You should know better.
  • Like 1

OK OK  FINE -- LA vs RANGERS IS MY WORST fvckING NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!

AHHhHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

sorry you all.  That was not in reaction to anyone here -- it's was my outcry to the hockey gods.  Thank you for your patience and understanding.

crying-1324.gif

you know... and it just magnifies how my hockey standards are just too high for my hometown -- this is a win-win for most of them  ....  ohhhhh sooooooobbbb

Edited by Pepperkorn

OK OK  FINE -- LA vs RANGERS IS MY WORST fvckING NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!

AHHhHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

sorry you all.  That was not in reaction to anyone here -- it's was my outcry to the hockey gods.  Thank you for your patience and understanding.

crying-1324.gif

you know... and it just magnifies how my hockey standards are just too high for my hometown -- this is a win-win for most of them  ....  ohhhhh sooooooobbbb

I saw your post about Quick, Hamden and the Cup and decided to Google it to see what the fuss was about. Now I have a better understanding of your disdain for the guy.

(Town celebrates Quick's success)

http://www.nhregister.com/general-news/20120612/nhl-hamden-celebrates-stanley-cup-win-by-jonathan-quick-video

(Quick snubs town)

http://articles.courant.com/2012-08-11/sports/hc-jon-quick-stanley-cup-0811-20120810_1_jonathan-quick-party-nice-time

I guess the least he could've done was invite his old coach to the party, yes?

I dont care about the Kings. They beat us rather soundly and aside from their sh!tty Twitter feed, I don't have an abundance of hate for them. I don't like them and I don't want them to win, but if its against the Great Satan across the river, I hope the Kings rip the Rags to pieces.

• Like 1

I saw your post about Quick, Hamden and the Cup and decided to Google it to see what the fuss was about. Now I have a better understanding of your disdain for the guy.

(Town celebrates Quick's success)

http://www.nhregister.com/general-news/20120612/nhl-hamden-celebrates-stanley-cup-win-by-jonathan-quick-video

(Quick snubs town)

http://articles.courant.com/2012-08-11/sports/hc-jon-quick-stanley-cup-0811-20120810_1_jonathan-quick-party-nice-time

I guess the least he could've done was invite his old coach to the party, yes?

Exactly --- and he's been our dry cleaning guy for decades (the coach). 

I fully expect if Quick wins this year he'll say how he's righting a terrible wrong and celebrating properly ---   with his LA fan base.  jackass.  I think I'm taking it a lot more personally than anyone in the town actually.  They're hockey guys and all too proud to admit pain of any kind  :P

What's weird is in NJ the players I know aren't at all into the NHL most of the time.  But in Hamden they're all Ranger fans.  Rabid Ranger fans.  Even when the Whalers were around.  :noclue:

Edited by Pepperkorn