The 2014 World Cup- Brazil

I really wanted Brazil knocked out. Chile was awful on those first two pks

I was hoping for the Brazilians to go down too. They actually looked like a team that could go all the way for 30 mins, but after that they had nothing. I have never seen such awful PK shootout where England was not involced.

I was hoping for the Brazilians to go down too. They actually looked like a team that could go all the way for 30 mins, but after that they had nothing. I have never seen such awful PK shootout where England was not involced.

They had that one shot that hit the crossbar towards the end of the overtime. Damn it would have been glorious to see the Brazilian reaction if that's how Chile won.

If Brazil plays the way they did today against Columbia I think Brazil will lose. James had an amazing beautiful goal today against Uruguay.

HAHAHHAHAHAHHA fvck YOU RAFA HAHAHHAHAHAHHA GOALLLLLLLLL HAHAHHAHAHAHHA HAHAHHAHAHAHHA THIS IS AMAZING

I know the Mexican team is not popular around here, but that penalty at the end of the game was a joke. Robben should have gotten the yellow card, not Rafa. Mexico deserved better.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I know the Mexican team is not popular around here, but that penalty at the end of the game was a joke. Robben should have gotten the yellow card, not Rafa. Mexico deserved better.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I'm also a New York Red Bulls fan of the MLS and Rafa was a gutless heartless piece of garbage for my team. He deserved that fate today. And while yes Robben was already going down Rafa was still late coming in on him.

I'm glad that happened to Rafa. He deserves nothing less.

Edited by Satans Hockey

I'm also a New York Red Bulls fan of the MLS and Rafa was a gutless heartless piece of garbage for my team. He deserved that fate today. And while yes Robben was already going down Rafa was still late coming in on him.

I'm glad that happened to Rafa. He deserves nothing less.

I wasn't aware of that chapter in his career. I am surprised because he has been nothing but clutch for Mexico.

Speaking of MLS, how is it possible that the league continues it play while the world cup is going on? This is unthinkable in any European country. This means teams are being punished for having  players in the national squad.

He never lived up to his contract and then he pulled that nonsense.

The league took off for 3 weeks and just came back after the group stage ended. I think it has to do with more the fact that if they take the entire world cup off the season will get pushed back even later and would push the playoffs further back into December which is what they want to avoid because of the weather during that time period.

One of the red bulls playoff games got postponed because of snow in 2012.

We don't stop during winter in Europe ... Germany may have longer cut during this period... and scandinavian+Russian champ doesn't have the same start as other country here.. but still "in general"... we play in winter. And ok sometimes, some games are delayed but that's not the end of the World...

I guess in US it's more to play during a time that let audience see them... To be in competition with other massive sport .. we don't have this in Europe. Only Football is King ! 

We don't stop during winter in Europe ... Germany may have longer cut during this period... and scandinavian+Russian champ doesn't have the same start as other country here.. but still "in general"... we play in winter. And ok sometimes, some games are delayed but that's not the end of the World...

I guess in US it's more to play during a time that let audience see them... To be in competition with other massive sport .. we don't have this in Europe. Only Football is King ! 

Absolutely this.  Competition with American Football and Basketball would be death for MLS, at least right now.  In the summer all MLS has to compete with is the dog days of baseball summer and NASCAR, really.

Don't worry Eagle.. if you don't wanna play this game... we will play versus Algeria in 1/4 ; ) 

(and watch the country burn) 

But to be honest, we are really lucky to win this game.. i'm not fooled by the score and during the first period, the referee was nice with us (i wouldn't have scream if he gave nigeria a PK because of Evra... and red card for Matuidi wasn't out of question ) 

Altogether, we were the stronger team on 90mn... but we were lucky nonetheless ! 

Allez les bleus !