msweet

congrats to the 2013-14 Champs, the Kings

833 posts in this topic

I'm approaching this series as an eventual historic unprecedented Rangers comeback, until the Kings prove me wrong. No more smack talk, no more memes, no more jokes.

Edited by DJ Eco

Laughing my ass off at the NHL.com writers right now.  Too much funny. 

Brad Richards authoring a comeback tale with the Rangers
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=722102#&navid=nhl-search
Brad Richards copes with demotion to fourth line

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=722576&navid=nhl:topheads

Maybe Dan Rosen should considering authoring somethings else besides hockey.  He might as well have written an article about fvcking Brian Boyle.

So yeah, this is happening TONIGHT at 6PM. I really don't understand that franchise.

BqBXzLOCAAAtoXn.jpg

Edited by DJ Eco

So yeah, this is happening TONIGHT at 6PM. I really don't understand that franchise.

BqBXzLOCAAAtoXn.jpg

Rangers didn't wear lace ups back then dammit!!!

BUT TRADITION BRAH, GLORY BRAH... ORIGINAL 6 BRAH

1 person likes this

and leetch sure as hell wasn't captain. Keenan would spit in the face of that

Who's the guy with the "A"? He looks like he's sick of driving back and forth to MSG once a week to celebrate some sort of ceremony.

Who's the guy with the "A"? He looks like he's sick of driving back and forth to MSG once a week to celebrate some sort of ceremony.

That's Adam Graves. Even he probably realizes how ridiculous it is lol.

They retired his number for his 507 career points as a Rag.

Yeah, he kind of looks a little embarrassed. 

In fairness, it was more than that, and besides, if you're going to get into a whole points thing, one could wonder how a guy like Ken Daneyko gets his number retired (I'm not saying he shouldn't have, just saying that not every jersey retirement can be measured strictly on numbers).

Graves was a class act and a very good player for them overall.  He got the absolute most out of his ability...did anyone think he could ever score 52 goals, or crack 30+ three other times?  He spent 10 seasons there, played in 772 games and averaged 29.7 goals per 82 GP, and rarely missed games (only 16 total in those 10 seasons).  He also was well-known and respected for all of the good he did OFF the ice during his Rangers' tenure...he's the kind of guy you want representing your brand.

Look, the Rangers definitely go too far sometimes with finding excuses to dust off all things 1994 for sure, but I don't lump Graves into that category.  I think he deserved to have his number retired, even if he wasn't a spectacular player, and he meant a lot to that franchise and its fanbase.  I can't kill the Rangers on that one. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I actually don't mind 3 of the 4 of the "Big Four" of the 1994 Rags.  The only one I hate is that dopey-looking bald bastard with the constant stream of tears in his eyes.

Yeah and they retired #9 twice. I don't think I've ever seen a number retired twice for two different players by the same franchise before.

Yeah and they retired #9 twice. I don't think I've ever seen a number retired twice for two different players by the same franchise before.

Yankees...Bill Dickey and Yogi Berra (#8).

I actually don't mind 3 of the 4 of the "Big Four" of the 1994 Rags.  The only one I hate is that dopey-looking bald bastard with the constant stream of tears in his eyes.

I'm OK with 2 of the 4 

eff Mess and Richter (Richter insulted NJ on a few occaisions)

Leetch...meh

Graves...OK, I'm sure we all know the story of the kids he helped out and the one he brought to the Garden to meet any ranger he wanted and the kid wanted to meet Marty, so Graves said OK, lets go meet him, and they did, the kid was so happy about it. Good little story

Yankees...Bill Dickey and Yogi Berra (#8).

I figured there HAD to have been another team that did it somewhere...

I'm OK with 2 of the 4 

Leetch...meh

Graves...OK, I'm sure we all know the story of the kids he helped out and the one he brought to the Garden to meet any ranger he wanted and the kid wanted to meet Marty, so Graves said OK, lets go meet him, and they did, the kid was so happy about it. Good little story

What did Richter say about NJ?  I honestly do not remember.

I'm OK with 2 of the 4

Leetch...meh

I actually didn't know that story, but it gives me even more respect for Graves. He was a classy player on and off the ice and a better person. As much as I hate the Rags, you have to love a guy like Adam Graves. He's good friends with DeBoer too from what I've heard. I think they may have come up together in juniors around the same time.

What did Richter say about NJ?  I honestly do not remember.

little stuff like "where the hell is East Rutherford anyway"

he's from PA, and as a NY player he really looked down on NJ

I actually didn't know that story, but it gives me even more respect for Graves. He was a classy player on and off the ice and a better person. As much as I hate the Rags, you have to love a guy like Adam Graves. He's good friends with DeBoer too from what I've heard. I think they may have come up together in juniors around the same time.

heres a little article on it

http://www.nytimes.com/2000/02/09/sports/sports-of-the-times-heartbreak-strikes-good-people.html

That is awesome, and I don't believe in luck, but that means something I feel.  I wonder what Queenie thought as he walked past that background. 

Always respected Graves. Messier was/is a freaking tool. Leetch played the game hard, and was one of the few Americans who didn't trash their rooms in Nagano, same with Richter. I can over look the trash talking in regards to East Rutherford.

oh and Go Kings Go! End this crap tonight.

that pouliot goal...if its going under the crossbar at a downward angle, thats a high stick to me.