msweet

congrats to the 2013-14 Champs, the Kings

833 posts in this topic

I'd love the parade in Newark.  Drive to South Orange, take a 10-minute ride to Newark and voila I'm there.  There's enough room in Championship Plaza for the stage and stuff so they wouldn't have to courdon off parking space the way they had to at the Meadowlands

oh in that respect yeah it would be fine, I was talking about a possible embarrassing show of fans

I'm sure at the Prudential center there would be a nice gathering.... but not so much on the streets

oh in that respect yeah it would be fine, I was talking about a possible embarrassing show of fans

I'm sure at the Prudential center there would be a nice gathering.... but not so much on the streets

A parade is a parade. The turn-out for a parade in downtown Newark will encompass the people who are already downtown during those hours shopping (which is a real thing still, even if those people aren't majority white) as well as the quantity of Devils fans who turn up because it's their team's celebration. As long as it was done during a weekend when people didn't have to take off work to be there, I'd expect the turnout to be decent. 

People would turn up simply because it was an event going on in town (as long as there was adequate publicity). 20,000 people turned out for the Portugal Day Festival in the Ironbound and 10,000 show up for the Cherry Blossom Festival at Branch Brook Park. These are more localized events that happen annually. Something on the order of the Devils winning the Cup would bring people from over the state to show up. I'd be surprised if you didn't see about 100,000 people.

Hell, this is a photo of the 20,000 people who turned out for the X-factor auditions in Newark:

550w_x_factor_usa_nyc_7.jpg

A parade is a parade. The turn-out for a parade in downtown Newark will encompass the people who are already downtown during those hours shopping (which is a real thing still, even if those people aren't majority white) as well as the quantity of Devils fans who turn up because it's their team's celebration. As long as it was done during a weekend when people didn't have to take off work to be there, I'd expect the turnout to be decent. 

People would turn up simply because it was an event going on in town (as long as there was adequate publicity). 20,000 people turned out for the Portugal Day Festival in the Ironbound and 10,000 show up for the Cherry Blossom Festival at Branch Brook Park. These are more localized events that happen annually. Something on the order of the Devils winning the Cup would bring people from over the state to show up. I'd be surprised if you didn't see about 100,000 people.

Hell, this is a photo of the 20,000 people who turned out for the X-factor auditions in Newark:

550w_x_factor_usa_nyc_7.jpg

well...maybe you're right about a big turnout, Hopefully we'll see next June 

I liked the parades back at Continental - but I am not sure if that's nostalgia based or not. I'd like to see us have a real parade through Newark the next time we win - but, I am getting ahead of myself now aren't I?

Nothing wrong with those parking lot parades. They were fun. When it happens in Newark it will probably be a tightly secured short route from Newark Penn station to around the arena.