congrats to the 2013-14 Champs, the Kings

msweet

juss becuzz

Was Josefson playing on the 2nd line with Elias and Clarkson for the whole game?  He looked good.  And Kovy was out for this game, wasn't he? That was a great series and it was totally winnable.  It does fill me with pride that we were the only team that lasted long against that juggernaut of a team.

EDIT: Nevermind on the Kovy comment.  Maybe that's how we can get Josefson going, start having him center Elias more.

Edited by RizzMB30

Watching those highlights makes me realize how well we actually played in that game.  The chances were there, but (as usual), nobody was able to finish them (Parise and Fayne being the 2 biggest culprits with missed wide open nets).  Add to that the Kovy cross-bar at the end of regulation in Game 2, and boy that series could have turned out differently with a bounce or 2 going our way. 

Edited by Chuck the Duck

I was expecting that LA but not in NY. Not a great look for the NHL.

Agree, I expected it nationwide and in LA but not NY. Thought NY would at least have a slight upperhand in ratings. Pretty embarrassing.

Interesting to note that NY-NJ in the ECF in 2012 was only a couple away, I think averaging about a 7% rating. at the time that was a major success for the league. But damn, this is the Finals, and it's been 20 years!!

Edited by DJ Eco

They were talking about the ratings on WFAN earlier. Game 1 of the Cup Finals did a 10 in NYC. Game 1 of the NBA Finals did an 11 in NYC. So game 1 of the NBA Finals between two out-of-market teams still put up a better rating in NY than a Rangers Cup Finals game.

They were talking about the ratings on WFAN earlier. Game 1 of the Cup Finals did a 10 in NYC. Game 1 of the NBA Finals did an 11 in NYC. So game 1 of the NBA Finals between two out-of-market teams still put up a better rating in NY than a Rangers Cup Finals game.

Bright lights of Broadway brah!

I guess some of the winds in the sails of the bandwagoners deflated a little after that game 1 loss.  Game 2 loss (as well as every subsequent loss) will further weed out the bandwagon Rags fans.

• Like 1

I've never seen so much praise for a team after losing the first game of the cup final. NHL network and local sports radio have been going on and on about how good they looked and how they let this get away. It's also funny how they say how dominant the rags were in the first period and yet they were outshot 14-13. No one mentions how they had little zone pressure besides staying below the goal line and just randomly firing the puck into the slot. They had to rely on bad giveaways which led to breakaways which was their best chances. If they have to rely on that then they are in trouble. I hope the ranger players also think they played good so they let their guard down because the Kings were a tired group who didn't play to their potential at all and yet they still outshot them 23-4 after the second period when it mattered most. I really hope the Kings pummel them in game 2 to shut all of these idiots up.

Edited by Zubie#8

I really hope the Kings pummel them in game 2 to shut all of these idiots up.

As much as I agree about silencing the mooks, I wouldn't mind a 3-1 or 4-2 Kings win tomorrow followed by a game 3 pummeling (and Queen pulling) at MSG. Then they'll just roll over and die in 4.

If they get spanked in game 2 they may try and right the ship for game 3, but if they still think its just band bounces and puck luck after game 2 then the Kings can go in for the kill.

Exactly here's the way to look at it. When the Kings played their worst period and the Rags their best the Kings still got shots and some possession. When the Rags played their worst and the Kings their best period... the Rags got nothing going

This game is the series. If the Kings go up 2-0 the Rags won't recover from it. They can't win 4 of 5 from LA. The Kings just went into Chicago, down in the 3rd they came back and beat the defending champs in OT. The suits of MSG wont scare them.

People gamble on the NBA.

Nobody gambles on the NHL.

A 10 is a monster number for the NHL in what is the most diverse city in the US.  Remember the NBA Finals has the biggest single celebrity athlete in the US and it only beat the NHL by 1 point in NYC.