Devils re-sign Zidlicky

MadDog2020

They'll need a 'snot' D after Salvador is gone.  And Salvador is gone after 2014-15.  This means dipping into free agency - I don't think Helgeson is an NHLer and I don't think Santini will be ready.

i'm not convinced they feel this way. you say it when you're talking about guys you have. but look at the successful teams now - i mean, yeah there's willie mitchell, and to a lesser extent, marc stall. but the hall gills of this world are not playing on good teams anymore. hell, pittsburgh was sheltering brooks orpik.

that doesn't mean they're all going to be MA Bergeron out there. But you don't need all hit - no offense players anymore.

Boston has 6 D signed for next year and 2 RFA D that they will likely re-sign.  I don't see a fit for Fayne there.

i'm not convinced they feel this way. you say it when you're talking about guys you have. but look at the successful teams now - i mean, yeah there's willie mitchell, and to a lesser extent, marc stall. but the hall gills of this world are not playing on good teams anymore. hell, pittsburgh was sheltering brooks orpik.

that doesn't mean they're all going to be MA Bergeron out there. But you don't need all hit - no offense players anymore.

Is this a bet?  Sure sounds like it to me.  The Kings have both Mitchell and Regehr as well as Matt Greene - they went out and got Regehr despite already having those two.  The Devils have always had at least one of these types of D, usually 2, and I don't see that changing.

I dont want to lose decent players for nothing, but if we do I hope he ends up on a team I dont hate, Boston would be OK

Anywhere not named New Jersey is going to be a little tough for me to get over.  I think this deal gets done so early DUE to Zids age.  He probably didn't want to wait until July 1st to be securely settled in Jersey.  Does anyone know if there is a NTC?

Hopefully Zids can repeat the year he had.  If our entire defense puts up similar numbers that they did last year, we are going to  be really dangerous from the back end, and I don't think we've been feared like that since the Niedermayer years.  Not that I'm comparing Niedermayer to our current players at all.

Edited by RizzMB30

If you want to take Lou speak at face value, he said that he absolutely wants Fayne back. I hope he's serious and that it happens in the next couple of weeks. At that point you know there are going to be at least two transactions involving defensemen, which will make draft day and the opening of free agency quite entertaining.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does Larsson have to pass through waivers to start in Albany next season?

Yes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boston has 6 D signed for next year and 2 RFA D that they will likely re-sign.  I don't see a fit for Fayne there.

Is this a bet?  Sure sounds like it to me.  The Kings have both Mitchell and Regehr as well as Matt Greene - they went out and got Regehr despite already having those two.  The Devils have always had at least one of these types of D, usually 2, and I don't see that changing.

what's the bet? that both anton and sal won't be here? i don't think that happens and that's not what i was saying. you were making it like the team needs to go out and sign a "snot" guy for when sal and anton are both gone in 1-2 years. i couldn't tell if you think that's going to happen this offseason.

if the bet is - will the devils sign a UFA defenseman that isn't mark fayne this offseason, i will absolutely make that bet that they will not.