Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Devilsfan118

2014 UFA Signing Thread

922 posts in this topic

In 25 years it's never been the way Lou has done business. You don't have to be his best friend to figure that out.

Sending an offer sheet this year would be especially dumb. The Devils could do well or crash and burn. It wouldn't be worth risking a possible McDavid pick.

Yeah I think I remember Lou saying years ago that he doesn't like to burn bridges with other teams as you never know when you might need them for a possible trade or other needs.

There is no quicker way to burn a bridge with another team than by sending an offer sheet to one of their players.

Very true. He is their franchise player and there is no way they let him go.

If you are going to offer sheet anyone, Ryan O'Reilly would be the one IMO as you would have a better chance of Colorado not matching the offer.

Not after they just lost Stasny

Vrbata down to 3 teams NJ, Boston, MTL. Ahem, e3.

whoa.. come on buddy, come to NJ

risky. There's no way CBJ doesn't match any offer, especially what we'd be able to afford. We'd be more successful getting him in a trade..

Star Ledger reporting:

2014 NHL Free Agency: How can Flyers make splash? Sign Ryan Johansen to offer sheet

http://www.nj.com/flyers/index.ssf/2014/07/2014_nhl_free_agency_how_can_flyers_make_splash_sign_ryan_johansen_to_offer_sheet.html

I'm amazed this is still a source

Google Vbrata and see what shows up on the right-hand side.

Anonymous users have been editing that Wikipedia page for the past two days for kicks. In the past two days Vrbata has played for NJ, Miami Heat, Hip Czechers, MTL and the Hartford Whalers.

Source? Is it that it? e3?

EDIT:  We just have to throw Jagr over free agents heads and they are like, "Maybe New Jersey isn't THAT bad." Lmao.  I'm all about this Czech makeover, give me more.  I COULD see Vrbata going to Montreal if the money is right, but I can't imagine this is going to be some huge paycheck, Vrbata is like 33 too isnt he?

Edited by RizzMB30

i've read that Plekanec is trying to convinced Vbrata to sign in MTL and has been talking to him a lot.

now who knows if we're really after him. I wouldnt mind having him but just wonder what we'll do with our players that we dont need anymore.

that'd be quite a countryman reunion. Elias, Jagr, Zids, Havlat, Vbrata

I heard Jagr was convincing Hemsky to go to Dallas. I wish Jagr and co had the chance to convince Hemsky to come to NJ, but guess he wasn't on Lou's radar.

Star Ledger reporting:

2014 NHL Free Agency: How can Flyers make splash? Sign Ryan Johansen to offer sheet

http://www.nj.com/flyers/index.ssf/2014/07/2014_nhl_free_agency_how_can_flyers_make_splash_sign_ryan_johansen_to_offer_sheet.html

Philly has no money to do that. Unless they're gonna pay him like $9 million, CBJ matches without thinking. And that's a moronic article. Sean Couturier or Brayden Schenn isn't getting  you Ryan Johansen. Every team likes him but they're not trading him for something like that. He says trade him or we'll sign him to a 6 yr $40 m offer sheet. Columbus says then lol ok and they'd match that in a millisecond. Randy Miller's a moron  

Edited by DH26

Star Ledger reporting:

Depending on how true the rumors in this article are, it seems like the Flyers are even scumbags in the front office.  It's just some dude playing armchair GM, which we all have done before.  The thing that bothers me is the rumors like these

Word is Holmgren warned Predators GM Dave Poile to negotiate a tradearrow-10x10.png or else Weber would be signed to an offer sheet Nashville can't match.

But the Flyers have nothing to lose threatening Columbus with an offer sheet … and then signing Johansen to it.

I don't think this is very common in the NHL.  For GMs to subtlety be like, "Watch your RFA, unless you'd rather make a deal."  It seems so scummy to me, but would not surprise me if Holmgren did this.  I do not see Lou operating in this way at all, let alone sign other teams players to offer sheets.

Philly has no money to do that. Unless they're gonna pay him like $9 million, CBJ matches without thinking. And that's a moronic article. Sean Couturier or Brayden Schenn isn't getting  you Ryan Johansen. Every team likes him but they're not trading him for something like that. He says trade him or we'll sign him to a 6 yr $40 m offer sheet. Columbus says then lol ok and they'd match that in a millisecond. Randy Miller's a moron  

They can't even afford to offer sheet him.  They're already over the cap, and the summer cap is only $6.9M above the regular one.

They can't even afford to offer sheet him.  They're already over the cap, and the summer cap is only $6.9M above the regular one.

I know I think I said that in the post before. Miller's just dumb as rocks on this. Plus if Philly did have the money, they'd be better off throwing it at Subban since they've been seen to greatly underrate his value before w/ the bridge deal 

Edited by DH26

Depending on how true the rumors in this article are, it seems like the Flyers are even scumbags in the front office.  It's just some dude playing armchair GM, which we all have done before.  The thing that bothers me is the rumors like these

I don't think this is very common in the NHL.  For GMs to subtlety be like, "Watch your RFA, unless you'd rather make a deal."  It seems so scummy to me, but would not surprise me if Holmgren did this.  I do not see Lou operating in this way at all, let alone sign other teams players to offer sheets.

You'd have a better chance of seeing Lou rocking a skull and cross-bone earing, Diesel jeans, and a Ed Hardy t-shirt to the HOF induction ceremony this coming season than him making the threats that Holmgren allegedly made to Nashville RE: Shea Weber during his RFA year.

Radim Vrbata's camp doesn't wish to reveal which teams are in the running for the UFA wing out of respect for the process and those teams."

It's like Lou doing the comm' for Vrbata' agent... 

Edited by moustic

Radim Vrbata's camp doesn't wish to reveal which teams are in the running for the UFA wing out of respect for the process and those teams."

It's like Lou doing the comm' for Vrbata' agent... 

well this almost guarantees we're in it lol

go google vrbata's name it comes up that he is on the New Jersey devils... weird

go google vrbata's name it comes up that he is on the New Jersey devils... weird

It's from wikipedia.  People here were messing around with it.

maybe Lou should somehow try to land thomas hertl while we're still stacked of Czech guys lol

That's bush league. I'm even happier Nashville matched and shoved it up their ass now. And if I were a GM and I got that call from a colleague, I'd tell him in no uncertain terms to fvck off.

Move Ryder or Brunner for Vrbata and this team is set.

Cammalleri Zajac Jagr

Havlat Elias Vrbata

Clowe Henrique Ryder/Brunner

Ruutu Gionta Zubrus

Bernier Sislo

lou-kurdzukjpg-555242c20255658e_large.jp

Edited by MadDog2020
1 person likes this