Larsson re-signed to 1 year, 1 way 900K contract. Confirmed.

ghdi

Didn't Parise sign a one year deal after a lost season before he walked in free agency?

No way Larsson would want to test the free agent market after being demoted last year. Better to come back, try to prove himself, and look for a long term, higher dollar deal next year.

Either in NJ or elsewhere.

Didn't Parise sign a one year deal after a lost season before he walked in free agency?

No way Larsson would want to test the free agent market after being demoted last year. Better to come back, try to prove himself, and look for a long term, higher dollar deal next year.

Either in NJ or elsewhere.

Larsson is an RFA next year.

I think this is a mistake. Should have gone long term. He's got the upside where it's not all that much a gamble, and if you sign him long term now you still get him for cheap. Whereas say he goes off this year, then what position are we left in? Then maybe we can't afford our first top 5 pick in a while. That's scary. Would have put a little more into Larsson at this point.

(edit) just remembered he was an RFA. This deal makes a lot more sense now, let's just hope his AHL time this year is minimal to none

Edited by cgb6397

I think this is a mistake. Should have gone long term. He's got the upside where it's not all that much a gamble, and if you sign him long term now you still get him for cheap. Whereas say he goes off this year, then what position are we left in? Then maybe we can't afford our first top 5 pick in a while. That's scary. Would have put a little more into Larsson at this point.

(edit) just remembered he was an RFA. This deal makes a lot more sense now, let's just hope his AHL time this year is minimal to none

He won't have AHL time this year. They aren't going to pay him 900k to play in the minors on a "show me" contract.

Are you sure? I thought, for some reason, that his RFA status for next year still prevented him from being waiver eligible. Guess I'm mistaken.

somebody more knowledgable on the cba could confirm this but I believe rfa status means nothing for waiver eligibility. The new cba makes waivers kick in either 4 years after your first contract or 160 games played, whichever comes first. This will be larsson's 4th nhl season so he is eligible for waivers. Edited by dmann422