Cammalleri - 5 years at $5M

caron14

People need to understand the market.  This happens every year, people don't understand the market.  Brian Rolston got the same money and he was 3 years older and that was on a $56.8M cap.  This is a $69M cap.  It's what you pay to get a player like Cammalleri for free.  Might I have preferred 3/18 for him?  Yeah, maybe.

Yeah, three years would've been a little easier to take.

i dont mind the move, we need a goal scorer and he can put the puck in the net

i feel bad for lou. if he doesnt make a move, people will criticize him here. if he makes a move, people criticize the contract. if he signs someones that everyone on the board wants, people will complain he paid too much to get him

the big name players are not going to come here unless we pay them a lot because right now we do not have the pieces to attract them here

Neither one of you are wrong.  This UFA class is a bit thankless...I don't think there's a forward out there that would have gotten universal approval here.   

I wasn't really killing directly Lou for the reasons Tri states...signing UFAs is almost always an overpay-and-hope-for-the-best proposition...which is all we can do here.   

No way he is the same player than Rolston... Cammaleri is a skill forward, rolston had a cannon but wasnt really good outside of that... Cammy take care of himself a lot and have a lots of tools to scores goals

Was more comparing what the potential returns could be on the deal, not really making a pure skillset comparison. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

After digesting this deal for almost 3 hours now, it;s not as bad as originally thought.  I mean the years are certainly a concern but I guess it is what it is to get a guy here.

I still there there is decent potential for this deal to turn into a nightmare but I will wish for the best as there is no use in worrying about what if's right now.

plus i think lou still loves his character guys. this is what was said about mike on wikipedia

Cammalleri and his girlfriend Jennifer have a daughter, born in 2011.[47] The couple have been involved in numerous charitable endeavours since Cammalleri joined the NHL. He has focused on children's charities, supporting theStarlight Children's FoundationWorld Vision and the SickKids Foundation in Toronto among others.[48] During his time in Montreal, Cammalleri also supported the military via his "Cammy's Heroes" program. He bought tickets for Quebec's soldiers and their families to attend Canadiens games, meeting with them prior to each game.[49] In recognition of his service, the Canadiens named Cammalleri the 2010–11 recipient of the Jean Béliveau Trophy, a team award given annually to the player who "best exemplifies leadership qualities in the community".[48]

He's probably your top scorer next season.

I can't really say I agree with giving any 32 year old a 5 year contract unless he's like the best player in the league and has no injury history. But all in all, its not it a bad signing. 

He's probably your top scorer next season.

I can't really say I agree with giving any 32 year old a 5 year contract unless he's like the best player in the league and has no injury history. But all in all, its not it a bad signing. 

No chance Mr. Jagr defends his title?