Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
caron14

Cammalleri - 5 years at $5M

138 posts in this topic

he's 32. He's not ancient 

wrong side of 30, besides the length of contract in today's speed league

I like this signing. Good production, goal scorer, 5 mill sounds about right. This was the best we were gonna do. He's the type of player that should fit right in.

After missing the playoffs, I'm fine with this deal. I don't care about 4-5 years down the road. I'm in live in the now mode.

Cammalleri at 5M a year isn't bad - to me it beats whatever Vanek gets unless he gives Minnesota a hometown discount, and I didn't want Moulson really at any price (I imagine Moulson will get 4/18 somewhere).  He's a solid fit with Zajac and Jagr but could also work with Elias.  That 5th year will be ugly and probably bought out but hey, that is life in free agency.

so true

I like it. Only question is will Lou let him wear #13.

I would think Lou will not but that's obviously just a guess.

Hoping this doesn't turn into Roger Dorn Brian Rolston Part Deux.  Because it sure feels like it could.  I'll be more surprised if it does work out than if it doesn't.

This is a good deal and addresses the hole on the top 6.  Cammalleri is a scorer and he supposedly takes very good care of himself, so he hopefully won't fall of a cliff in a few years.   I like it.  

I would think Lou will not but that's obviously just a guess.

Didn't he let Nemchinov wear 13? I forget.

Edited by Jerzey Devil

He had 26 goals last year, 20 of which were at even strength, but the 3 or 4 years prior he had less than 10 EV goals

not concerned about the age , now, at 32 you're at your physically strongest

Edited by EdgeControl

Hoping this doesn't turn into Roger Dorn Brian Rolston Part Deux.  Because it sure feels like it could.  I'll be more surprised if it does work out than if it doesn't.

If he gives us that ole bullsh!t then I will be pissed.

Didn't he let Nemchinov wear 13? I forget.

Nemchinov wore 12 I believe.

If he gives us that ole bullsh!t then I will be pissed.

Nemchinov wore 12 I believe.

Ya know what kind of sucks?  If the Rangers had made this move we'd be laughing our asses off at them. 

Hope to be eating seconds and thirds of crow in the years to come, but this one is hard to feel good about at the moment.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Pretty much just unfortunate Cammy is what we ended up with.  I would love for this deal to work out but this has nightmare written all over it.

Best case scenario, in two years we are all going to be banging our heads against the wall. Probably case: we are banging our heads this November.

Cammaleri fits a need and there are worse deals than this one coming out every minute (5 years 5+ for Orpik!!!!!!!!!, Bolland, Pouloit). People need to chill.

1 person likes this

People need to understand the market.  This happens every year, people don't understand the market.  Brian Rolston got the same money and he was 3 years older and that was on a $56.8M cap.  This is a $69M cap.  It's what you pay to get a player like Cammalleri for free.  Might I have preferred 3/18 for him?  Yeah, maybe.

There's nothing wrong with hating on the deal, as long as you understand that Lou had no choice.

No way he is the same player than Rolston... Cammaleri is a skill forward, rolston had a cannon but wasnt really good outside of that... Cammy take care of himself a lot and have a lots of tools to scores goals

Moulson got the same deal. Much prefer Cammy. He'll enjoy playing with Zajac.

i dont mind the move, we need a goal scorer and he can put the puck in the net

i feel bad for lou. if he doesnt make a move, people will criticize him here. if he makes a move, people criticize the contract. if he signs someones that everyone on the board wants, people will complain he paid too much to get him

the big name players are not going to come here unless we pay them a lot because right now we do not have the pieces to attract them here