Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jerzey

Predict Marty's future role with the Devils

Marty's future   64 members have voted

1. 1. Marty's future with the Devils is...

• Goaltending coach
    • Bench coach (head or assistant)
    • Scout (special assignment)
    • TV or radio personality
    • Random front office position
    • President or General Manager
    • Owner
    • Nothing

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

30 posts in this topic

I think he's going to get a major Canadian broadcasting analyst job first after that who knows

I would hope goaltending coach, but he may land a better position elsewhere.

probably end up on Sportsnet with his buddy the moronic Damien Cox especially w/ them getting the giant package this year

Edited by DH26

TV first, then when he's gotten some distance to playing he'll go into the front office.

I could maybe see him being a scout or doing TV for a while.  Gotta earn a paycheck somehow.  I don't see him being a GM for a long time, could possibly see some assistant GM time but also not in the near future.  

He's already said he doesn't want to coach.

Can you find a source for this?  I remember him saying it wasn't out of the realm of possibilities.  Couldn't see him as anything more than a goalie coach, but I could see it.  He gives a lot of credit to jacques Caron for his success.  

Can't think of a better goaltending coach, but he's a stand-up/hybrid and Cory is a butterfly. Not sure that would be a good match.

why is backup goalie not in the choices?

He is too brodeur for that.

I think Marty will be the Devils' GM one day. I don't know when, but I think it will happen at some point.

According to Marty's agent he is willing to wait even if the season starts to get play time on a team (TG posted)

According to Marty's agent he is willing to wait even if the season starts to get play time on a team (TG posted)

Agree, think he's going to have wait for a starting goalie to get hurt.  It's not "willing to wait" so much as it is "he doesn't have a much of choice".  GMs spoke loud and clear when they all passed on him for other names.  And even if someone DOES get hurt in-season, there could still be other names ahead of him on many GMs' lists.

That is exactly what I was thinking too... GMs weren't "willing" to pay him what he wanted and moved on.

Why not.....Happy retired NHL Goalie enjoying playing golf and spending time with his family ?

Where's the option for mascot?

For some reason I still see him behind the bench eventually. I know he's saying he doesn't want to now but we'll see I guess.

I think he'll be a TV guy for a bit, make some big dough, and then maybe move tot he front office. He might just stay on TV though, become the next Don Cherry maybe ;)

marty has slow talk. i don`t think he may be good tv or radio guy.