CRASHER

2014 NJDevs FF Draft - We are finished!

564 posts in this topic

It has be come abundantly clear to me that we need to start random drug testing in this league!!

I think this trade is great, becuase IMHO both teams lose!!!

2 people like this

Actually, Ayl beat me to it. I was planning on doing the same EXACT thing with Rodgers.

Brilliant move Ayl

Edited by MantaRay

Actually, Ayl beat me to it. I was planning on doing the same EXACT thing with Rodgers.

Brilliant move Ayl

Are we living in a bizarro world or something? Can I get a 3 QB system?!? 4 defenses? Maybe 5 RB's with an extra that does bad things to his fiancee in a elevator?

Edited by LOTCB

Has nothing to do with a system. There are only three elite QB's in the league and he now has the other two. Takes away points from everyone or he can leverage this for his own perceived need.

You don't like it, we don't care.

Like it??? I LOVE IT!!!! You're wasting valuable picks cockblocking a positiong that is the most interchangable position in football, keep it up :)

And the "5 defense" stradegy was Mike's...it can stay buried, it ALWAYS backfired on him :)

Has nothing to do with a system. There are only three elite QB's in the league and he now has the other two. Takes away points from everyone or he can leverage this for his own perceived need.

What if you can't deal one of the QB's what do you do then? I surely wouldn't pony up a ton to get a QB from a guy that has two elite ones. I view it as hey that guy is stuck with an elite QB why would I want to make them better when I can find a good QB from a lot of places?

Which quite frankly is just fine with me...only two teams are getting that 'advantage' instead of three.  I guess people forgot I won the title last year with Ben and Josh McCown playing playoff games :P

Which quite frankly is just fine with me...only two teams are getting that 'advantage' instead of three.  I guess people forgot I won the title last year with Ben and Josh McCown playing playoff games :P

+10000!!!

If he can't deal him, theoretically he has a 10-14 point advantage over the remaining QB's in the league each week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If he can't deal him, theoretically he has a 10-14 point advantage over the remaining QB's in the league each week.

Is this a Manta Ball System that you came up with?

And a bigger hole at running back because you're pimping out two guys with Ray Rice type numbers since you didn't get a back till the 6th round....good luck with that!!

And a bigger hole at running back because you're pimping out two guys with Ray Rice type numbers since you didn't get a back till the 6th round....good luck with that!!

Jamaal Charles?

Honestly though you'd have to get back a 3rd round + 4th round pick equivalent AND a QB you could have just taken later anyway to get back the value you traded for him.  More than that to 'profit' from it.  Taking him is one thing, trading up for him is another.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Which quite frankly is just fine with me...only two teams are getting that 'advantage' instead of three. I guess people forgot I won the title last year with Ben and Josh McCown playing playoff games :P

McCown played at an elite level that no one could have predicted. Timing and opportunity are wild cards.

Nope, just probability and basic math with known quantities.

Who is up? Apparently Crasher was looking for an elite QB that is no longer there. This will take a whileI suspect

Edited by MantaRay

We needed some time to stop laughing at the  M A N T A  B A L L!!!!!

But yeah we had our little group hug and look....the VALUE OF THREE PICKS!!!!! :wub:

I take the Phenominal AJ Green

Brian takes Zac Stacey

Clown takes Alfred Morris

CMONNNNN NO QBs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by CRASHER

Honestly I've been vacillating all draft whether to go QB-RB, RB-WR or RB-RB with my first two picks...but with my next pick late in the third round I changed my mind (was going to do one of the first two) and am going RB-RB.  As nervous as he makes me, it's time to GO BIG OR GO HOME :P

(and the last time I picked an injury ? big-name back in Round 2 it worked out swimmingly)

Excellent! the MantaRavens select WR Julio Jones, ATL

We needed some time to stop laughing at the M A N T A B A L L!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, the tears of a clown taste so sweet

The Steelers may be having backfield tryouts soon :P

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000381295/article/leveon-bell-legarrette-blount-taken-into-custody

Detective Brian Kohlhepp of the Ross Township, Pennsylvania Police Department confirmed to NFL Media that running backs Le'Veon Bell and LeGarrette Blount were pulled over Wednesday around 1:30 p.m. ET. They, along with an unidentified female passenger in the backseat, were taken into custody and admitted to marijuana possession.
Edited by NJDevs4978

Hear that sound.....that's Le'Veon Bell dropping down the rankings in Owen Hart type free fall.......

Maybe, but he'll have a 15 to 20 pt disadvantage in other positions combined!  basically his 2nd round pick sits the BENCH he loses 10 to 25 pts every week!!  and now he does not have a pick til the 5th round.... that might hurt a bit!!

I love this, becuase no way I was getting Rodgers, so IMHO it keeps 11 other teams from getting those points!!!

BTW

Jordy Nelson WR GB

Based on his first two picks I don't see any deficit at this point to overcome. It's a long season, he has leverage.

Based on his first two picks I don't see any deficit at this point to overcome. It's a long season, he has leverage.

Manta's new theme song for this season