Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
caron14

Training Camp invites

243 posts in this topic

I'm over hating on him. He left, ruined his career/reputation, and I hope now he's matured.

I don't like the idea of him taking a roster spot from a younger player, but if he can contribute and play well here, I'm all for it.

My anger for him is gone as well. I hope he can contribute, but I don't see how they fit him in. 

but I don't see how they fit him in. 

I do. GTFO Stephen Gionta.

I'd be surprised if he made the team.  He's been a zilch since the 2010-11 season.   

I'm over hating on him. He left, ruined his career/reputation, and I hope now he's matured.

I don't like the idea of him taking a roster spot from a younger player, but if he can contribute and play well here, I'm all for it.

But he can't contribute. He's done. This is all a sick joke.

Edited by Satans Hockey

It's not a sick joke - we all thought the same about Sykora.  Lou is nothing if not loyal.  But yeah, I don't think he'll make the team, but maybe he impresses someone else in the preseason games he plays.

It's not a sick joke - we all thought the same about Sykora. Lou is nothing if not loyal. But yeah, I don't think he'll make the team, but maybe he impresses someone else in the preseason games he plays.

I'm sick of bringing back these players. I won't go as far as to boo Gomez but I hope he has a horrible camp and is never seen from again.

Is it possible to be astonished and yet barely surprised at the same time?  

I hope Lou invited him so that he could be the one to officially kill Scotty's playing career when he dismisses him at the end of camp.

It's not a sick joke - we all thought the same about Sykora.  Lou is nothing if not loyal.  But yeah, I don't think he'll make the team, but maybe he impresses someone else in the preseason games he plays.

Sykora was two years removed from a 25-goal season, Gomez is FOUR years removed from his last good NHL season.

Sykora was two years removed from a 25-goal season, Gomez is FOUR years removed from his last good NHL season.

The difference is the kind of player they are.  Sykora has to score to be useful - even after scoring 20 goals he wasn't able to get an NHL contract.  Gomez can still play a 3rd line role and get 10 goals-20 assists and be a useful contributor because of his puck skills.  Do I think he'll do that?  No, I don't, I think his career is probably over.  But maybe being a healthy scratch on a bad Panthers team was a wakeup call.

seriously.. why. why. why can this damn team never get away from bringing back their old washed up has been players of the past. fvck man.. i cant take it. What exactly do they think he is going to provide us with? seriously i would love to know what is he going to bring to this team? there are already too many damn forwards here and carter is still unsigned, this makes it kind of clear he is most likely not coming back as well. send gomez on a one way trip back to mexico already he blows.

How many forwards do we need? I know our roster is very injury prone but damn. 

I didn't comment on the other thread, but I believed the rumour because it's Lou and this is what he does. It went from being fun at first to pretty fvcking sad.

Scott Clemmensen and Scott Gomez were not two Devils that needed to be brought back or given a chance to make the team.

I didn't comment on the other thread, but I believed the rumour because it's Lou and this is what he does. It went from being fun at first to pretty fvcking sad.

Scott Clemmensen and Scott Gomez were not two Devils that needed to be brought back or given a chance to make the team.

Clemmer on a 2way makes him the definition of "whatever". Gomez on a PTO is also fairly innocuous because lots will have to go wrong for him to make the team even if he has a decent camp.

Besides 05-06 Gomez has never cracked 20 goals. If he can still take the puck into the zone like he used to then he could possibly help. I'm not really all that mad about it.

Clemmer on a 2way makes him the definition of "whatever". Gomez on a PTO is also fairly innocuous because lots will have to go wrong for him to make the team even if he has a decent camp.

We'll disagree on your second point. If Gomez has a somewhat decent camp, I can see him making the team. Maybe it does work out, but there were a lot better options to improve the center position than bringing in Gomez. He's fairly limited in what he can do.

We'll disagree on your second point. If Gomez has a somewhat decent camp, I can see him making the team. Maybe it does work out, but there were a lot better options to improve the center position than bringing in Gomez. He's fairly limited in what he can do.

What options will go away if they don't work out in camp?  I'm not even sure Gomez would play center, although I suppose he did play there for the Sharks and Panthers.

gomez for 750k 1 year works in case Carter walks.

ah it all makes sense now.. lou has invited the amigo to camp on a try out so that carter sees this and has to take a lesser deal because he thinks that if he does not then he will be replaced with this bum..lou always has a master mind plan going :D

to be fair, gomez is far more entertaining. he trolled us for a good 6 years waiting to age like fine wine.