Larsson/Brunner/Yayo-Gate

RunninWithTheDevil

I think its obvious that one or more of the trio will be gone this year, Larsson seemed to ramp it up today though.  A lot of people really like the kid here; and talk about how important it is that we have a top 5 draft pick, but if the kid can't produce here then see what we can get for him and let him try with a team that he fits.

edit: im not complaining about sitting any of these guys at all just bringing this to light

It is official that Josefson, Brunner and Larsson are out tonight.

d6b89c970da34e10499cf1096595d8a4_normal.Tom Gulitti @TGfireandice · 14m

DeBoer said the 20 players who had the best camps are playing tonight, but also said the decisions were "splitting hairs."

DeBoer said he told all three players out tonight their opportunities will come and to be ready.

Brunner had a real positive attitude (at least outwardly) about sitting. "I'm here when they are, when they need me."

Larsson took it a lot harder. Said it was "probably the hardest healthy scratch I'm going through."

Larsson talked during camp and preseason about not wanting to sit and watch games again. "And now I'm here doing it again," he said.

Larsson on why he's not playing: “I don’t really want a reason. All that matters for me is if I’m in or I’m out."

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted this elsewhere, but Larsson is pretty close to asking for a one way ticket out of town with these quotes.

I'd bet that's exactly what he wants.  

Either that, or he'll just sign with a Swedish/KHL team next year when his contract is up.

we can't let him leave to Europe lets get SOMETHING for him

GMs know he's a flight risk. Devils aren't getting much for him at this point, especially if he's not playing..

This is how you ruin a young prospect and sour the relationship between player and club.

It's tough to see the likes of Merril / Severson / and Gellinas get in the lineup ahead of you, especially considering that they're your contemporaries, were drafted lower, and got to the team after you.  This is a tough pill to swallow for Larsson.

I'm sure Lou is drumming up interest for a trade, but just throwing him away for nothing would be foolish at this point.

TG writing these quotes about Larsson can also be inflamatory too...Larsson is a kid, away from his family, and disappointed to not have been considered for the lineup.  I would have been in the same boat too if I was Larsson.

Edited by Mitico12

Do you think Larsson would've had this Space-Jam-esque skill decline if he played with Stevens? Lead by example.  Im not entirely blaming him but hes just as useless and silent

well, cmon you have no idea what goes on in the locker room.. when you say silent, you just mean hes silent in talking to Larsson through a reporter i guess

Was Larsson that bad in the preseason? Cause I dunno how Severson made it over him.

Larsson looked like he was struggling with some of the same issues he's always struggled with. He needs to improve and that's on himself.

Severson really looked inspired at times. We will see how he does against NHL competition but he looked impressive.

In situation like this a guy only has to tell himself, i'm gonna play better and grab a spot that's the only thing i can do! Thats great. But i can see how SOME PLAYERS / PERSONALITIES would be struggling with trying to play their best (which you have to do with confidence and know youre trusted) and playing knowing that if you fvck up and make one mistake that you'll be sitting on your ass the rest of the game and probably in the stands next game.

It's a really really not ideal situation between a coach and a player and it's really a thin line you have to walk for both. But we've heard it about Deboer in Florida that players were playing stressed out to make mistakes and we certainly saw it happen here too. 

Of course we can easily say. "Grow some balls and play better and you'll get a spot" but it's really not that easy in real life when you're not on the same page as your coach and there's clearly something between Larsson and Deboer here

for anyone who played sports at a decent level.... you know this... you need confidence to play well and if you lose confidence it can take awhile to get it back cause you overthink and stress a lot more and doubt what you're doing, its all in your head. 

Edited by SterioDesign

Larsson looked like he was struggling with some of the same issues he's always struggled with. He needs to improve and that's on himself.

Severson really looked inspired at times. We will see how he does against NHL competition but he looked impressive.

I actually cannot wait to see Severson in action.. i didn't catch any preseason games, so ive never seen the kid play.

I just feel as the captain he should be trying harder to keep him in line

Did I miss some quotes? If everyone here is getting all riled up over the kid saying he is disappointed about being sat then I am confused. This is a non story. If you go around to the other 29 teams you will hear the same thing through the year. It would be more of a story if he said he didn't care. Blaming Sal in any capacity makes no sense to me.

Edited by hystyk28

Did I miss some quotes? If everyone here is getting all riled up over the kid saying he is disappointed about being sat then I am confused. This is a non story. If you go around to the other 29 teams you will hear the same thing through the year. It would be more of a story if he said he didn't care. Blaming Sal in any capacity makes no sense to me.

Its not a non story.  Hes not happy with PDB and its been a problem.  i only blamed Salvador because should mediate, but again i dont know what goes on behind closed doors.  But Larsson is too important and theres been little improvement to this situation.

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

The kid still skates in mud and thats a problem since the league is getting faster and faster. I am still shocked that his skating has not improved.

EDIT: and this woe is me mentality is laughable. You want to be in the lineup? Outplay your counterparts. End of story.

Edited by Zubie#8