New York Mets 2015 Season Thread

'7'

You're a better man than me...it's one thing to get dumped by your smokin hot girlfriend, it's another for her to fvck as many different men as possible in your presence as you watch helplessly and hopelessly.

Which one?

Truth be told I'm not so much watching as I am listening.  If I was at the game I'd have peaced out like most of the crowd though...especially with the lack of late-night trains back to Jersey, at some point I'd have to pull the escape hatch anyway if I wanted to get back before tomorrow morning.

It was fun talking Mets baseball with all of the Mets fans on this thread this year...and I truly mean that. Just hope it's not 2030 by the time the Mets get to another Series.

The city is a buzz about the team and the pitching staff. The Wilpons are going to be killed if they dont put money in this team.

As we all know entirely too well, WS appearances don't grow on trees. Lots can go wrong no matter how much the Wilpons spend. But Sandy has a great opportunity to tweak this team offensively and defensively. This team isn't coming back intact and I'm glad it's not.

I'm all for Flores being moved.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

As we all know entirely too well, WS appearances don't grow on trees. Lots can go wrong no matter how much the Wilpons spend. But Sandy has a great opportunity to tweak this team offensively and defensively. This team isn't coming back intact and I'm glad it's not.

I'm all for Flores being moved.

I'll second that. Id love to see 5 different guys on the field but that's stretch. As bad as the Mets last 29 years have gone it wouldn't surprise me if the Devils won another before the Mets.

I do think Bud Black was on Sandy's radar, but he's no longer available. I wouldn't hesitate to let Terry go myself (I don't think he's up to managing a contending team year in and year out), but I think he gets to least start 2016.

Thanks to the Mets for a truly memorable and awesome season. I'm really bummed for you die-hards, especially my mother who is as loyal and die-hard a Met fan as there is, but it was a hell of a ride, and I'm happy I was along for it. Here's hoping they can be next year's Royals. Thank you Mets!

Thanks to the Mets for a truly memorable and awesome season. I'm really bummed for you die-hards, especially my mother who is as loyal and die-hard a Met fan as there is, but it was a hell of a ride, and I'm happy I was along for it. Here's hoping they can be next year's Royals. Thank you Mets!

We're already in the offseason thread, lol.

Royals were really just the better team, and were perfectly suited to exploit the Mets' weaknesses.  As much as it sucks, I can't really get pissed.  Now if Sandy doesn't address this team's issues, then I'll be pissed. 

We're already in the offseason thread, lol.

Royals were really just the better team, and were perfectly suited to exploit the Mets' weaknesses. As much as it sucks, I can't really get pissed. Now if Sandy doesn't address this team's issues, then I'll be pissed.

Sandy has work to do. Hopefully he can find some bullpen help and a bat or two. No way I pay Cespedes $180/$200 mil. Let some other team deal with that headache of a contract. Murphy I'd bring back at the right price, but someone will overpay. I'd really like to see both Kelly Johnson and Juan Uribe back. They are both solid big leaguers who can hit decently and offer help at multiple positions.

That was a great run by the Mets. They really captivated the hearts of NYC and the metro area. You all should be proud. I felt for TC there. Harvey was dominant. He was that good. I didn't have any problem with sending him back out. If you want to say he should've taken him out after the walk to Cain, fine. But that was his game to win or lose. That was as good a performance as I've seen. He won a lot of respect in my book. I'll take a guy like that any day. He wants the ball.

You want to kill Collins for Game 4, fine. He screwed up sticking with Clippard. Familia had a lot of bad luck. He's charged with 3 blown saves but we all know only 1 was really his fault. Bottom line. The defensive miscues came back to haunt them. I also feel for Murphy who went from hero to goat in astonishing fashion. I'd still try to re-sign him due to Wright, who can't be an everyday player at 3rd. I guess it'll depend on the market. As for Cespedes, he played himself out of a big contract. I don't see any team offering him more than 4 years. At least I wouldn't go over. He was great carrying the Mets for 2 months but fizzled badly in the playoffs. Ironic that his season ended that way with the foul off his knee basically costing them a chance to ice that game. 

I also have my own thoughts on how similar the Mets were to the Rangers of 2014. It's eerie.