Jagr traded to Florida

Marshall

Because that is exactly what isn't happening. Instead, it is becoming like high school, where the mob turns unpopular individuals into villains. Honestly, if there is something this board is missing, it's people willing to stand up for posters who get picked on. What is your issue? That I stood up for Sterio? I am allowed to stand up for anyone I want, and my post was pretty reasonable if you ask me. I don't think Triumph specifically did anything that wrong, and I pretty much complimented him for rarely taking personal shots. Why you just took issue with me boggles my mind.

This is actually a great example of what the mob around here does. If I had made the exact same post as you people would come out and say, "stop telling me how to post."

The whole bit adds nothing to the discussion about hockey. Which is what we are all here for. I am guilty of it for responding to this exact post. Stop with the he said she said and start posting about the team.

Fair enough, but I will note, that had this discussion remained on topic in the first place, I never would have posted what I did.

Then help steer it back on topic. Everyone here has a valuable contribution to make.

Back on topic.

Listening to Lou ' s interview last night about Jagr ' s departure was at times reassuring and at the same time scary.

He remains the most classy and professional GM's in sport. What he was saying about trading the player and trading the person was amazing to hear.

At the same time I got the genuine feeling he really does not believe this team is out of the playoff race. Which is beyond delusional. I feel tonight's result is crucial to his behavior at the deadline.

Then help steer it back on topic. Everyone here has a valuable contribution to make.

Back on topic.

Listening to Lou ' s interview last night about Jagr ' s departure was at times reassuring and at the same time scary.

He remains the most classy and professional GM's in sport. What he was saying about trading the player and trading the person was amazing to hear.

At the same time I got the genuine feeling he really does not believe this team is out of the playoff race. Which is beyond delusional. I feel tonight's result is crucial to his behavior at the deadline.

I thought his interview about Jagr was soooo typical Lou. "Nothing happened. Everything is swell. We all love each other." 

I think Lou liked Jagr a lot, and was genuinely sorry that he had to move him.

Not really sure what Lou does at the deadline. Even if the Devils win the next two, they'll only be 27-27-9. What will Lou look at...the overall record or 14-7-2 (the Devils record over 23 games if they win tonight and tomorrow)?

Because that is exactly what isn't happening. Instead, it is becoming like high school, where the mob turns unpopular individuals into villains. Honestly, if there is something this board is missing, it's people willing to stand up for posters who get picked on. What is your issue? That I stood up for Sterio? I am allowed to stand up for anyone I want, and my post was pretty reasonable if you ask me. I don't think Triumph specifically did anything that wrong, and I pretty much complimented him for rarely taking personal shots. Why you just took issue with me boggles my mind.

This is actually a great example of what the mob around here does. If I had made the exact same post as you people would come out and say, "stop telling me how to post."

Well first thanks and youd be surprised how many private messages im getting and people on here that i have on facebook telling me that im the only one willing to stand up to what i and "they" believe, they think exaaactly like me and agree with everything but just gave up arguing cause its useless.

I wont post anymore about the "specific individual", first its useless at this point and well ive been officially warned that if i even mention him again im getting banned from the forum for the rest of the year so.

The popular kids in high school will always win and im the villain i guess haha

Edited by SterioDesign

Well first thanks and youd be surprised how many private messages im getting and people on here that i have on facebook telling me that im the only one willing to stand up to what i and "they" believe, they think exaaactly like me and agree with everything but just gave up arguing cause its useless.

I wont post anymore about the "specific individual", first its useless at this point and well ive been officially warned that if i even mention him again im getting banned from the forum for the rest of the year so.

The popular kids in high school will always win and im the villain i guess haha

No thanks needed. Admittedly, I don't agree with anything you say, lol. But I don't think you deserve the attacks of the mob. I do think you have gotten ridiculous about Lou, but I think you are sincere in your Lou hate and you have a right to that opinion. You certainly haven't done anything so wrong, you haven't gotten personal, and you have taken your shots like a champ.

As far as the bolded part, I really doubt one of the two admins on here who could actually ban you for a year, threatened to do so. You must be exaggerating the 'officially'. 

"I'm just here so I won't get fined" - Triumph Lynch

Okay, I laughed. 

Of course it's ironic that classic Martyisthe3b3st MO is: I'm just here, specifically to get fined. :P Though you have calmed in your old age. :P

Edited by Neb00rs

Jagr won't ever return to the Devils. He is unhappy with Lou and the organization.

Who was asking?  Why should the Devils want back a 43-year-old who was showing signs of aging anyway?  Jagr turned in a terrific 2013-14 season and was a great teammate, but this is the kind of guy the Devils should be moving on from. 

Or are you just making sure every last person knows that you think this is all Lou's fault...since you seem to think you haven't made that clear enough yet?

Who was asking?  Why should the Devils want back a 43-year-old who was showing signs of aging anyway?  Jagr turned in a terrific 2013-14 season and was a great teammate, but this is the kind of guy the Devils should be moving on from. 

Or are you just making sure every last person knows that you think this is all Lou's fault...since you seem to think you haven't made that clear enough yet?

We need to add other pieces, but if it was going to be a typical Devils offseason where we don't do that, I'd bring him back. Yeah, he's old. He was also 3rd on our team in points, goals, and assists. Do I want him as a first liner? No. But unless we fill those gaps, I'd have no problem bringing him back.

I do not believe he is interested in that.

We need to add other pieces, but if it was going to be a typical Devils offseason where we don't do that, I'd bring him back. Yeah, he's old. He was also 3rd on our team in points, goals, and assists. Do I want him as a first liner? No. But unless we fill those gaps, I'd have no problem bringing him back.

I do not believe he is interested in that.

I think the Devils already got the most they are ever going to get out of him. Just feels like that well is dry.

Jagr won't ever return to the Devils. He is unhappy with Lou and the organization.

Jagr's comments before the trade seemed to specifically point out that he wasn't happy with the coaching change and the situation he was in.

In fact, I believe he even said he liked the organization. Not that I want him back. I don't.

Edited by Devil Dan 56

I think the Devils already got the most they are ever going to get out of him. Just feels like that well is dry.

That's probably true, but he was still our third best offensive player at age 43. If they replace him with someone younger who brings the same, that's great. If we are going to continue being a team full of guys who score less than 10 goals a year, we could still use him.