Should Daneyko continue as color commentator next year?

'7'

Ken Daneyko - Should he be our color analyst next season?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Should Daneyko continue in his role as Devils color analyst next season?

• Yes
    • No

I don't love him in this role but he doesn't bother me either.

We probably wouldn't focus on this as much if the team was better.

This is where I am. I can't see him being much better than he is right now though...just doesn't feel like this is a real fit for him.

I'm listening to the Caps feed tonight. They say we're boring and that we're trapping.

Who else could they bring in for next year though? At least we kind of knew Dano was taking over for Chico but there's no way they'd replace Dano with MacLean or Deb. Didn't Marty commentate for something in Montreal? Maybe he'll try color instead of management?

I'd ditch Cangialosi first, I am sick of him. He also needs to realize we are not "struggling to stay in the playoff race" at this point.

Dano us tough but he's a team guy, he doesn't bother me.

He's just towing the company line. I bet you get him one on one he will tell you the Devils were out of it months ago.

Dano is a slight improvement over Chico for me (I know that's probably heresy for a lot of posters here but i just found him incredibly irritating) so I voted yes. Dano has a lot of room for improvement for sure, but I hope he gets there. Most commenting pairs around the NHL are horrible.

Daneyko would be fine....with a better play by play guy....that's the bigger problem (same one Chico had with him)....these guys need to be carried by a superior play by play guy.... the lil fella ain't it.....

I'd ditch Cangialosi first, I am sick of him. He also needs to realize we are not "struggling to stay in the playoff race" at this point.

Dano us tough but he's a team guy, he doesn't bother me.

Same.

I expect the color guy to be a homer. I like Daneyko's personality and while he has some head shaking moments, the lead voice is abysmal. Its Daneyko's first full year on the job and he's mostly tolerable. Cangialosi may be the worst PBP guy in the entire NHL.

Daneyko's gotten better as the season's gone on - it's hard to compare him to Chico who was the color guy for ages and who at least knows what the job is supposed to be - but that voice just isn't a voice for broadcasting.  I do think he's personable and he's getting there with knowing when to talk and when not to, but it's just not a voice I want to listen to.

It's his rambling that always bothered me, even when he was working with Deb and HNL. He goes off on so many tangents that take FOREVER to conclude (and the tangent is usually something so obvious too). Dano is learning tho and seemingly getting better. Remember, Chico was god awful when he first started.

Actually both are idioms (though one better than the other). If you say "I couldn't care less" you are in fact saying, "I couldn't care less than I do right now." If you care a lot, but you are unable to care less from where you are, then you can say, "I couldn't care less" and it makes sense. Really, the only appropriate way to describe this state of caring, is by quantifying the amount you care with something like, "I don't care at all" or "I care zero percent." :P

Edited by Neb00rs