Devils 2014-2015 Off Season Thread

Jerzey

agreed, stay the fvck away from Phaneuf 

I think it would be neat if Lou could get Stevens some time with this kid to get his fat ass into hockey again.

Yeah... that's wear my heart is.  It's not the logo folks.  It's the quality of the hockey.  If it were the logo, I'd have been an Islanders fan all these years.  I am not buying into this organization as of yet.  They have to earn my loyalty not just count on it because of someone else's past or my geographic location.  :-D 

I'm not buying the Cammalleri switch until someone legitimate posts it. Cordell is garbage and no one trustworthy has picked up on it. Chere hasn't even posted a click-baity say-nothing "article" yet and he'll take any excuse to post an article that says nothing.

Nonsense. He writes for a garbage site, but that doesn't mean his work is garbage.

Nonsense. He writes for a garbage site, but that doesn't mean his work is garbage.

Agreed. Why does Cordell get so much heat here? I disagree with a lot of his opinions or the small sample sizes he goes gaga over, but he's definitely one of the smartest people covering the Devils. Is that saying much...probably not, but he does do a lot of good work.

Who cares where he writes either. Travis Yost went from that site to TSN. 

Definitely seems like Sal's gone, phew.

I got a notification yesterday that Salvador was "contemplating his future after very encouraging talks with Ray Shero" or something like that.  Had me worried.

It's just like how they met with Stevens, offered Lou a cushy job and considered Marty before dropping the axe - the politeness before the change.

Or maybe Sal just wants to change his number too, since it's all the rage today.  Heck, he didn't even wear 24 in St. Louis...but his number there isn't available either (27).

I think there is room for Sal in the Alumni association.  He would make a great fit.  Always been incredibly nice with the fans.

Maybe it'd be better after a couple years.  I wouldn't want him around our fans while they're still suck on how much he stunk the last two years.

i never really thought shero would even entertain the idea of bringing salvador back into the line up. Sal is the exact opposite of what ray is trying to do here.. although i do agree with some here that have said it i hope that maybe they can work a spot out for him somewhere else in the organization.

i never really thought shero would even entertain the idea of bringing salvador back into the line up. Sal is the exact opposite of what ray is trying to do here.. although i do agree with some here that have said it i hope that maybe they can work a spot out for him somewhere else in the organization.

Why what did he do to deserve a job in the organization?

I actually like giving Gelinas 44 cause of the instant comp to Souray lol

Tootoo as 22...come on, that's a no-brainer.  And Cammy just didn't look right in 23, I've been so used to seeing him as 13.

So Cammo will wear #13, Tootoo will wear #22 and Gelinas will wear #44.

Sal's number hasn't been lifted off his back then lol

This truly is a summer question but do you think TG and Chere are boys? I mean, they're together at every practice/game but they're technically rivals

My best friend covers high school sports for the ledger and has occasionally covers the professional teams on a fill in basis. He's mentioned that they seem to get along pretty well, in the short time he's seen. Also TG is apparently super tall while Chere is pretty short

Why what did he do to deserve a job in the organization?

to deserve a job? is he any less worthy than any other retired player that has gone to work for an organization after playing life is over? Do you need to be some type of big star to work in the office after youre done playing? I dont think he is any more or less worthy than anyone else ..

My best friend covers high school sports for the ledger and has occasionally covers the professional teams on a fill in basis. He's mentioned that they seem to get along pretty well, in the short time he's seen. Also TG is apparently super tall while Chere is pretty short

I actually sat a few seats over from TG last season at Barclay's for the pre-season game against Brooklyn (the media box there is actually a section in the upper bowl instead of it's own balcony in the rafters at the Rock).  At one point in one of the intermissions he got up and went to the concourse to make a phone call and he is indeed pretty tall.  I am 5'11 and I would say he is like 6'2-6'3ish.  Not super tall but he is pretty skinny so I think that makes him appear taller as well.

Edited by DevsMan84

Is anybody getting concerned about the Zacha contract at all? I mean, I get that they are negociating, but most top picks ELCusually get signed quickly. Wouldn't like it if there was any tension between him/Stefan and Shero.

Edited by Devs3cups

The Devils named Pertti Hasanen their new development/skills coach today. Hasanen  joins goalie coach Scott Clemmensen on the team’s development staff.

“Pertti did an outstanding job at our recent development camp in all facets of on-ice skill development,” Devils general manager Ray Shero said in a news release announcing the move. “He will work with our players in both New Jersey and Albany next season, in addition to scouting and evaluating our current prospects.”

http://fireandice.northjersey.com/fire-ice-1.174987/pertti-hasanen-named-devils-development-skills-coach-1.1387968

Is anybody getting concerned about the Zacha contract at all? I mean, I get that they are negociating, but most top picks ELCusually get signed quickly. Wouldn't like it if there was any tension between him/Stefan and Shero.

I've been concerned since they missed the first deadline - of which I'm still confused.  There's a 7/15 deadline where we would have to pay the 100k, but there's another deadline on 8/15 where we would have to pay the 100k directly to his Czech team.  What's the difference?  But I don't see how hard it is to just agree to certain Schedule A bonuses.

He isn't eligible to play in the NHL this season if they miss the 8/15 deadline that's the difference.

Yeah, but what was the 7/15 one compared to this one really?  I only heard that it was the 100k just had the extra phrase, "directly to the Czech team."  8/15 is just a do or die one.

Yeah, but what was the 7/15 one compared to this one really?  I only heard that it was the 100k just had the extra phrase, "directly to the Czech team."  8/15 is just a do or die one.

Before 7/15 they didn't have to pay the $100k, now they do.  If they don't get it done by 8/15, he can't play here.

Edited by Triumph