2015 Miami Dolphins thread

MadDog2020

4 hours ago, Hi, I'm VALUE! said:

This could be the excuse Miami needs to cut bait with Brent Grimes (if his lack of performance didn't justify that).  Miami would save 6.5 million on the cap by cutting Grimes, and that would make them cap compliant for the new league year.

He better be gone the minute the clock hits zeros on Sunday. His wife is a classless human being.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

He better be gone the minute the clock hits zeros on Sunday. His wife is a classless human being.

She clearly has a mental condition of some sort, almost like Brandon Marshall.  Class doesn't have much to do with it.  You could argue that Brent is a better person than most of us by sticking with his wife after she's caused him several embarrassments, when he could otherwise  saved himself a lot of headaches by divorcing her.   

Dennis Hickey leaves position as GM of Miami Dolphins

The article also intimates that Tannenbaum is staying on as EVP of football ops, Campbell will not be retained (duh), and the coaching search will begin in earnest tomorrow.

Gotta be honest, I'm not happy about Tannenbaum returning.  He's a cap butcher, and the players he pays for (Suh aside) don't tend to do very well.

Great game-planning by the Genius and Puppet today.  Apparently it was too much to ask for them to come up with a gameplan to stop a team that can't get off the field fast enough.

A nice ending to a sh!tty season. Really glad to see Devante Parker have a big game, some really nice plays from him today. It would warm the cockles of my heart if this victory in some small way impedes the Patriots from winning another Super Bowl. Get 'er done Denver. 

Edited by MadDog2020

Pats have a lot of issues right now MD2020.  Very odd "game plan" today...if BB felt that winning the game wasn't important, then don't take any chances at all.  Sit Brady, sit Gronk, sit "zero yards after the catch" Amendola...BB's lucky Brady didn't get injured in this game.  Either you want this game or you don't...this halfway approach was bullsh!t, and once Genius saw that the Dolphins were trying, he should've gone one way or the other.

I have no idea what to expect from them in their first playoff game, but if I'm a team going into Gillette, I'm not afraid at all of the Pats.

If anything, this win will convince Ross, et al. that not much needs to change.  To be fair though, there's very little that can be done.  

Oh well, here's to maybe getting a Luke Kuechly type player in the draft and maybe that coach you thought was a retread that turns into Belichik or Coughlin.  

According to Schefter, Shannahan was interviewed on December 22, this is going to be his second interview. Shannahan wanted to draft Tannehill with Washington, but we all know what wound up happening there with the moron owner... This hire would make sense, and I'd be on board. Also, the new GM, Chris Grier, is the brother of former NHL'er Mike Grier.

Shanahan would be the guy I would want out of those that have been mentioned.  I'd rather go with someone that's had some success as a head coach rather than taking a chance on the flavor of the month coordinator.  The only other name that intrigues me would be Chip Kelly.  At the very least, he would make the team entertaining to watch. 

18 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Shanahan would be the guy I would want out of those that have been mentioned.  I'd rather go with someone that's had some success as a head coach rather than taking a chance on the flavor of the month coordinator.  The only other name that intrigues me would be Chip Kelly.  At the very least, he would make the team entertaining to watch. 

Agree on Shannahan, no way on Kelly. That guy is toxic. We have enough toxicity in that building.

Kelly isn't dumb enough to walk into that sh!tstorm either methinks, though I don't think Shanny would be interested here if he wants personnel control (which was one of the issues in his Washington tenure).  

Shanahan I'm not so sure about, mostly because my final lasting memory of him is ruining RG3 permanently.  But he's at least done stuff before, so there's some good with the bad.

Speaking personally, if there's a guy getting a raw deal that may be able to get another head coaching gig that I'd like to see get an interview with Miami, it's Chuck Pagano (assuming he's not retained by Indy).  He may have had one of the worst GMs in the post-Matt-Millen era of football - someone who's every choice turned to absolute sh!t - and he still found ways to make good on that roster.  Again, it depends on how much Tannenbaum and Grier will control things, but I wouldn't be mad about that either.

The rumor mill seems to have Adam Gase as the favorite for the new Head Coach.  

Another hot OC...I mean, he's done good work in Chicago and Denver, and both of those situations have examples of players who clearly were bad before and/or declined after Gase was there - but we just got done with the "hot new OC" in Philbin.  

The other 3 major candidates here look like Mike Shanahan, Hue Jackson, and Doug Marrone

15 minutes ago, '7' said:

Miami should hire Shanahan. I think he's got a good 2nd wind in him, it will help him to be away from Snyder and that whole RG3 situation. He's the soundest coach of the lot.

I basically agree, unless Coughlin is available and the brass likes nuts and bolts things about him better.  The hot coordinator usually doesn't pan out.

So Mando wrote an article basically saying that Philbin lost faith in Tannehill a couple of years ago to the point that he wanted to draft Carr in the first round instead of James. While perhaps there is a kernel of truth to this, Mando seems to suffer from hearing only what he wants to hear, and sometimes fails to see that the new regime that just let Tannehill have at least some say in hiring Gase, who is a "quarterback whisperer", might have an agenda that includes throwing all the old people under the bus.  

At this point though, I go into every season assuming the Phins will be mediocre at best until proven otherwise.  

On 1/9/2016 at 6:25 PM, CRASHER said:

Jesus Christ they will never learn about the Flavor of the Month coaches will they? Guess it could be worse....coulda been Chip Kelly......

To be fair, you could argue this is Ross's first dive into the flavor of the month coaching hire, or at least the first time he's been successful at it.  The first time he tried, he made an embarrassing attempt to land Harbaugh, which you think would have paid off nicely if it actually worked.  He then unsuccessfully pulled out all the stops for Jeff Fisher, not really the hotshot coordinator type.  Philbin was more or less the guy they settled on, and I guess you can say that all things considered he wasn't the worst coach in the world.

I at least can appreciate the fact that they looked at a whole range of possibilities before going with who they chose.  I have my doubts, but at least it's a mildly interesting story.