Post here when someone from the 2014-15 Devils gets an NHL job

Triumph

cam wasnt worth a damn on the ice, however the guy had a big heart and tried his best for us every time he got the opportunity to step out onto the ice. I will miss this guy being with the organization (not in the big clubs line up).

I'm friends with his fiancee and I've met Cam a few times. He's a nice guy, and wants to do well by others -- as evidenced by his post-Hurricane-Sandy fundraiser held out in St. Louis -- and he seems to be respected by those with whom he plays. The "new NHL" just phased him out.

From speaking with him, it's also seems to me that hockey is his entire life, and has been since such a young age. I remember a story about him that when he was injured a few years ago and missed a big chunk of games, he wasn't allowed to report to the rink to work out because he was supposed to rest. Instead, he got a weekly pass to his fiancee's gym -- and he was pretty confused and disoriented at first, since he hadn't ever used a "public" gym before. 

Good guy. I hope he figures out what to do with his time when he can no longer suit up.

I don't think the new NHL phased him out necessarily - he's 31 and his hockey skills were generally lacking even for a guy who's mostly called on to fight.  In his early days, he could skate pretty well and he could hit guys, but in 2013-14 he wasn't managing that.  His fighting skills weren't what they were in his youth either.

I'd say the new AHL phased him out - in the AHL you used to have 2 or 3 tough guys per team, and now they're down to 1.  Even so, 31 is pretty old for his line of work.

Seems like a super-friendly guy though, hope he does well across the pond.

Actually going to miss Cam. Funny dude, very personable.

But hey, at least we'll always have two seasons ago, when he scored THREE goals in a single season. Those few games were fun as hell.

Those games were great. He was so pumped when he scored.

I think he is probably good for about 20 goals a season here in the UK lol , he won't know what to do with himself.

Will be making a trip up to see Cam play. Pretty awesome he is coming to the UK.

I happen to be FB friends with a girl thats STH w/ Cardiff Devils.  She posts a lot of highlights. High scoring league. In fact Clarkson's brother (Doug) was a Devil last year.

Those games were great. He was so pumped when he scored.

I think he is probably good for about 20 goals a season here in the UK lol , he won't know what to do with himself.

Agree, he got such a primal joy out of scoring...it was impossible not to feel it along with him. His celebrations had a very childlike "king for a day" feel to them...in the absolute best possible way. Hope things work out for him, in all facets of life.

• Like 1

Agree, he got such a primal joy out of scoring...it was impossible not to feel it along with him. His celebrations had a very childlike "king for a day" feel to them...in the absolute best possible way. Hope things work out for him, in all facets of life.

Especially those goals he scored on the Rangers.  I mean jesus, he almost broke/injured Josefson.  Can't find the video. 

I'll always remember how he looked during Scott Stevens night - so amped up he was literally bouncing as he stood at the bench, just waiting for a chance to get on the ice and hit someone. Childlike joy. The guy knows he's lucky to be playing professional hockey (meaning it's a rare thing for people to be able to make a living from playing a sport) and seems to me he's never taken it for granted.

I'll always remember how he looked during Scott Stevens night - so amped up he was literally bouncing as he stood at the bench, just waiting for a chance to get on the ice and hit someone. Childlike joy. The guy knows he's lucky to be playing professional hockey (meaning it's a rare thing for people to be able to make a living from playing a sport) and seems to me he's never taken it for granted.

I think that's the reason Lou kept him around the team for so long. His enthusiasm for the game, his love of playing hockey, the fact he was so ready for his 5 minutes a night would be quite motivating at times to other players.

I always had the impression he would be the sort of guy who would do anything just to get on the ice. If the coach asked him to play 1st line forward or go out as the replacement goaltender he would be met with the same enthusiasm no matter what.

And if in that game he let in 12 goals and the coach came back the next night and said I need you to do it again he would.

Gomez heading to St. Louis on a tryout basis.

Wonder if Marty pulled some strings there.

edit: Whoops, posted elsewhere already, sorry.

No, this is exactly what this thread is for.  

If Gomez is the only guy they're trying out, seems like this tryout is 'come to camp in shape and don't be finished'

Late note on Cam, he was a great devil. During calendar giveaway last year I asked him to sign mine, he took one look at himself and squealed "OH MY GOD I LOOK SO F.CKIN WEIRD!! Can I have this?!" Luckily I had an extra and he proceeded to take it and make fun of how photoshopped everyone looked. Class act.

• 2 weeks later...

You left one out. Bernier gets tryout with Isles.

http://newyorkpuck.com/2015/09/10/islanders-sign-steve-bernier-to-tryout/

I thought about us needing help on right side, about Tlusty/or Stempniak but Bernier scored more than both last year. Yet Shero had no interest.  I still he'll get someone to play right side. (that actually shoots right

Still very surprised Zidlicky hasn't been signed yet. Yes he is old but he is still a very solid PMD.

It's his decision why hes not signed yet. He wants to stay in this area b/c his family are comfortable in NJ, so he's limiting his options from the start.