Sign in to follow this  
MadDog2020

Devils hoping to retire Marty's #30 this season

i dont know why people are in a rush to do this.. as i previously said all the people marty worked with over the years are all now gone this is not the same "new jersey devils" organization that he played for or knows.. marty may not even want to come back and do a retiring ceremony who knows

Yeah, he's got a pretty big ego, he'll be there...

Yeah, he's got a pretty big ego, he'll be there...

He's arguably the greatest of all time to play his position, he should have an ego. And he will be back for a ceremony.

I doubt any player wouldn't want to be at a ceremony where his jersey is retired by the team.  That is about as high of an honor and individual player can receive other than being inducted into the HHOF.  I don't think his ego has anything to do with it.

I have a feeling it will be next season.  Just a hunch but who knows.  Most likely a logistical issue is preventing it from being this year.

The tribute alone will run a long time. So many players (that played with him for years)  will have a lot to say. Lou, Lemaire, Larry,  it'll be fantastic for all fans.

He might even have to bring his ex wife.  I think it'll be in Feb 

The tribute alone will run a long time. So many players (that played with him for years)  will have a lot to say. Lou, Lemaire, Larry,  it'll be fantastic for all fans.

He might even have to bring his ex wife.  I think it'll be in Feb 

I think the nhl  has a time rule for these things. Think they saw the joke of "captain cry baby"  night which lasted a long time and then made a rule.

I think the nhl  has a time rule for these things. Think they saw the joke of "captain cry baby"  night which lasted a long time and then made a rule.

Doc has even made mention of it in the past.  He never said Messier by name, but he heavily implied it to the point it was obvious.  The other 29 teams suffer because the Rangers couldn't get over themselves in a reasonable amount of time.

Doc has even made mention of it in the past. He never said Messier by name, but he heavily implied it to the point it was obvious. The other 29 teams suffer because the Rangers couldn't get over themselves in a reasonable amount of time.

I had a couple of friends who were at the Dryden number retirement in Montreal years ago. They said that one dragged on and on and on as well.