NJDevs '14-15 Fantasy Hockey, season begins!

redruM

You guys are making me feel lazy with all your trades :lol:

Then again two of my biggest problems (plus/minus and short-handed scoring) aren't easily fixable in trades.  I probably have too much scoring and a lack of ancilary stats (hits/blocks/plus-minus) on my defense but other than that and health for Allen I wouldn't change TOO much atm

Edited by NJDevs4978

53 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

See, having Hank SUCKS.

Because, as a Devils fan, I love that the Rangers are crashing and slumping as of late.

But God damn is hurting my team right now.

That's why I can NEVER pick him, I'd have to root against my own goalie every night

2 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Fair enough, between your vote to hold off, 118's and my own reluctance pick trading will be held off till next preseason...sorry ayl/red.

So here is my question, once we are in the off season, I'm assuming keepers donot have to be named until right before the draft, can we trade possible keepers for picks?

16 minutes ago, redruM said:

So here is my question, once we are in the off season, I'm assuming keepers donot have to be named until right before the draft, can we trade possible keepers for picks?

I'd probably lock keepers like 24 hours before the draft.  If you haven't named keepers by then they're gonna be the three highest-rated players eligible, whether they're all goalies or not :P 

Pick quantity has to even out in any trade I think and I'm not sure I'd be able to activate it properly until late August, other than that I doubt there are gonna be any rules for preseason trades.  Depends on how hard Yahoo wants to make this for me.  You can trade whoever you want but you still have to keep three.

10 minutes ago, eaglejelly said:

Another keeper question: How long can I keep a Keeper?  Is it 1 season, or his whole career if I choose to?

Either or...you can keep someone in perpetuity or throw them back and get another keeper from the next draft/in-season pickup (though it would again only be players selected after the first few rounds that are eligible).

Edited by NJDevs4978

I thought I knew the answer, but the clarification confused me.

We *can't* trade keepers for draft picks soley.   But say I wanted to traded a keeper (Drafted in round 6 or later) to someone; I'd need to take one of his keepers back.  

examples:

This offseason:
I trade a projected 2nd round KEEPER and 2016 7th round pick to a Team for their 2016 3rd round pick and projected 4th round KEEPER.  That's allowed?
I *can't* trade from 2nd round KEEPER for a 3rd round pick straight up.   Right?

Technically nobody's a keeper till rosters lock before the draft, you'd just be trading players like now. In your last example no you couldn't do that trade cause it's an uneven amount of draft picks. Your first example is an even number of draft picks (1-1) so I don't think that'd be a problem but keepers don't have round values here per se

But maybe this is another thing we should vote on...

Edited by NJDevs4978

• 3 weeks later...

A 7 point swing in February - you don't see that very often.

Man whoever traded Kane early on (I know it's in this thread), I think the rest of the league has a bone to pick with you.  Barring a total collapse I don't think anyone's catching the #1 in the scoring categories.

A 7 point swing in February - you don't see that very often.

Man whoever traded Kane early on (I know it's in this thread), I think the rest of the league has a bone to pick with you.  Barring a total collapse I don't think anyone's catching the #1 in the scoring categories.

Well he'll come down a 'little' eventually in some of the volume categories when his GP runs out so I wouldn't concede a runaway just yet...but me and my -41 are envious of his +64.  Too many Sabres/Coyotes/Jackets :P

If anyone does catch him I doubt it's me at this point now that the injuries are starting to pile up...both my Blues are out long-term (and without Allen and with the Wild sagging, my goaltending's been going downhill) and even Malkin's missed several games in a row.

Edited by NJDevs4978

First trade of the season completed...

NJDefenders (me) trade:

• Corey Crawford
  • Ryan Kesler

to DirtyMike&TheBoys for:

• Patrick Kane
  • Tuukka Rask
  • Chris Kreider

:D

I am worried about you guys catching up to me at the end when I run out of games. But I was checking out the games remaining of everyone right below me and no one has too much of an edge, We shall see what happens, though!

2 hours ago, redruM said:

Logan Couture getting hot... Who needs him for the stretch run....

Just to clarify, if I trade Couture the main return IU[m looking for wopuld be Future considerations,

For example Future considerations would equate to :

after the season ends, I trade you your player back with an 18th round pick

you would send me a 9th round pick.

I was gonna ask about your last deal but I guess that's my answer. Personally if people want to do under the table quid pro quo deals, VAYA CON DIOS - just as long as it's an actual hockey trade.

As commissioner I am conflicted though, I'm hesitating to approve this trade to make sure people don't have a huge issue cause this is kind of going around the rules, or at least fast forwarding it.

The other problem now that I think of it is you can say you're doing a deal for a pick upgrade but theres nothing really stopping you from agreeing it's a 19th for a 20th if you decided to tank and do someone a favor unless you post terms. But if you post terms then that's really no different then openly allowing pick trades, which wasn't universally agreed to until after the season.

Edited by NJDevs4978

49 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I was gonna ask about your last deal but I guess that's my answer. Personally if people want to do under the table quid pro quo deals, VAYA CON DIOS - just as long as it's an actual hockey trade.

As commissioner I am conflicted though, I'm hesitating to approve this trade to make sure people don't have a huge issue cause this is kind of going around the rules, or at least fast forwarding it.

The other problem now that I think of it is you can say you're doing a deal for a pick upgrade but theres nothing really stopping you from agreeing it's a 19th for a 20th if you decided to tank and do someone a favor unless you post terms. But if you post terms then that's really no different then openly allowing pick trades, which wasn't universally agreed to until after the season.

As usual, it's a gray trade.    We aren't trading picks now. We are agreeing now to do a trade later.   There is a risk it isn't honored if a GM quits, or someone wants to be a dick etc.

Meanwhile, if we had picks on hand to trade now...  there is no second deal later.     It's a transitional trade.

While I understand your dilemma, my understanding was that once the season was over we could trade draft picks, I'm just setting up future trades while trading the few assets I have.  I understand your concerns, and the thought  that I should just take keepers and work out trades after the season, but IMHO I'm slightly more protected this way...

http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?/topic/134790-njdevs-14-15-fantasy-hockey-season-begins/&do=findComment&comment=1339695

Fair enough, between your vote to hold off, 118's and my own reluctance pick trading will be held off till next preseason...sorry ayl/red.

My understanding was that we are not trading picks this season

Sorry I'm a little confused - I think the JT Miller for Parise deal was in my favor right now, but the disparity isn't huge.  Parise's ranked 110 O/A while JT Miller is 190 O/A.  Miller is red hot on a better team, while Parise is on a losing team and has a new coach to deal with.  Also figured JT Miller's keeper status held some value in the deal.  Didn't mean to ruffle feathers by accepting the trade.

Now Draisaitl (185) for Cory freakin Perry (46) seems a little.. excessive.  But if we're all cool with it, it's fine with me.

Edit: Not to mention Purcell (370!) for Duchene (74).

Edited by Devilsfan118